• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

Alright folks, all done this is my entry. Granted it doesn't look as good as digital, this is hand drawn, but I really can't pull anything half decent out of a tablet. So hand drawn and then edited on the computer. I present to you "Sherlock Naoto":

14927551651_3e394b9bf4_c.jpg

The final version looks solid, well done

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Agreed with Sophia. Love the fact it's hand drawn, and love the heavy shading, particularly on the coat/scarf.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, they mean a lot, I will try to draw more often aha!

And Sophia, what I mean is, digitally lines look much smoother, as do gradients and such. All I can do is in black and white. The blue filter was the only thing I did on my computer to make the drawing look more alive, in general I suck at editing/drawing with technological stuff. I stick to my trusty mechanical pencil lol.

Alright folks, all done this is my entry. Granted it doesn't look as good as digital, this is hand drawn, but I really can't pull anything half decent out of a tablet. So hand drawn and then edited on the computer. I present to you "Sherlock Naoto":

Elementary, my dear Narukami

Very good, man!

MSMrRound

Congrats on ending your exams names2hard!

In that Atlus video, is that guy holding a mask of his own face..?

Also, yay for that particular Atlus staffer influenced by Chie's wardrobe. *Thumbs up*

Sophia

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, they mean a lot, I will try to draw more often aha!

And Sophia, what I mean is, digitally lines look much smoother, as do gradients and such. All I can do is in black and white. The blue filter was the only thing I did on my computer to make the drawing look more alive, in general I suck at editing/drawing with technological stuff. I stick to my trusty mechanical pencil lol.

I know what you meant, but hand-drawn has a charm to it that digital lacks. In this sense, it actually stands out and looks better than the smooth lines. Wouldn't have even noticed the filter had you not mentioned it.

It's a very impressive image all around. Only the hand strikes me as slightly off, but lots of artists have issues with that. Naoto's expression is especially good.

Thank you Ganz, Narukami would do a great Watson ahah!

Thank you! FREEDOM! (For 2.5 weeks, then the fall semester starts...)
I know what you meant, but hand-drawn has a charm to it that digital lacks. In this sense, it actually stands out and looks better than the smooth lines. Wouldn't have even noticed the filter had you not mentioned it.

It's a very impressive image all around. Only the hand strikes me as slightly off, but lots of artists have issues with that. Naoto's expression is especially good.

Thanks,I personally enjoy seeing digital more, but you know what they say about humans, we are never happy with what we have got :p And yes, hands AND feet (even in shoes actually) have always been my eternal struggle. This and the fact that I haven't drawn in so long which doesn't help either /:

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

In that Atlus video, is that guy holding a mask of his own face..?

Also, yay for that particular Atlus staffer influenced by Chie's wardrobe. *Thumbs up*

I have to admit, the girl wearing the Chie shirt is hella cute.

Zareka

Daaaang, that's awesome dude. Also, hand drawn > digital. Any day.

Levito

Banned
Episode 40 lived up to the hype, think everyone will *really* enjoy this one. (I know I said this last time, but this is probably the best one yet)

I'll try to get it up tomorrow.

PK Gaming

Previously, on Trinity Souls

PK_Gaming Ken, Kenneth and Ken 2
CorvoSol Don't call what happened at the karaoke a case
CorvoSol You make that blowjob sound so mechanical
CorvoSol oh my God.
CorvoSol they really are letting teenage girls handle a kidnapping
buddha0991 that guy on the left
CorvoSol oh my god
PK_Gaming he's doing the monster mash
CorvoSol Dang Megumi went to Church
CorvoSol and now she's like
CorvoSol "NO MORE SHADOW PULLIN'
PK_Gaming ok what's Ken 2's relation to the rest of the group
CorvoSol OH SHIT YES
CorvoSol LESBIANS TIME
CorvoSol There has been a serious lack of girl girl shadow pulling
PK_Gaming [shoujo-ai intensifies]
Daimaou hot anime butts
CorvoSol did they just try to explain things

Dantis

This is amaaaaaazing!

Well done!

Zalman

So guys, I loved P4G and I'm considering getting Arena. Should I get the first game or just jump straight into Ultimax? Or is it worth having both games for the story?

Meia

Here's hoping this communal showing of Trinity Soul lasts longer than the last one did. Think we all got up to halfway or something.

Whale feathers.

Caladrius

I will never understand the whale feathers thing

Googled "whale feathers" and TS is the first result.

They're probably supposed to be Baleen plates

Of course the symbolism still doesn't make a lick of sense.

So guys, I loved P4G and I'm considering getting Arena. Should I get the first game or just jump straight into Ultimax? Or is it worth having both games for the story?

Youtube the first game. Story mode's too tedious to bother playing 12 times over.

Tamanon

Banned
The P4GA website is doing some weird stuff for the next episode. Whole site has a "Yu is missing" motif, looks like some contest.

Velcro Fly

Think I'm finally going to do December's dungeon today. I sat up all night last weekend doing all the December cutscenes and social linking. I know I'm on the last day. Hard to believe I'm at this point already.

P4 spoilers

Every time I play through the game I laugh at Adachi being a slacker and a bit of an ass and every time I foolishly hope he isn't the culprit but I know once I get to December it will be him.

Also I guess we aren't getting the P4A stuff in Ultimax?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
So after having sat there in shrink wrap for the past 6 years I've finally opened my copy of FES, and started re-playing P3.

P4G has spoiled me, all the voice acting seems really flat. Admittedly I haven't got to any 'high emotion' scenes yet, but it's off enough for me to notice it.

Style

Banned
Wow, that's awesome. Guess I don't need the first game then.

Yeah, I have considered that. Which version of Persona 3 is considered the best?

They both have their pros and cons. FES has a good presentation akin to Persona 4, but slightly dated gameplay. P3P feels much more polished, but has the presentation of a visual novel.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yeah, I have considered that. Which version of Persona 3 is considered the best?

FES for fully 3D cutscenes/overworld and epilogue (which is often said to be better just watched instead of played because of the dungeon crawling to story ratio).

P3P for more content (Female protagonist option with new social links) and P4 style combat. No 3D cutscenes/overworld (battles and dungeons are in 3D, though) or epilogue included, though.

No definitive edition like P4G, unfortunately.

Firestar

So after having sat there in shrink wrap for the past 6 years I've finally opened my copy of FES, and started re-playing P3.

P4G has spoiled me, all the voice acting seems really flat. Admittedly I haven't got to any 'high emotion' scenes yet, but it's off enough for me to notice it.

In my opinion the voice acting was actually really good for the most part. Junpei and Yukari especially weren't flat. Wasn't a fan of fuuka or ken though.

Zareka

Most people would say FES, but imo I'd go for P3P. Going from P4's (hell, P3P's) battle system to FESes was irritating for me. Sure, not being able to control your party members is a bit of a pain, but the main problem for me was that it felt so slow. It lacks the polish of P4's battle system and even the presentation feels inferior with weird looking cut ins during All Out Attacks instead of the entire screen cutting in to sections for each character. Seriously, angry mouth protagonist looks unbelievably off.

If visual novel style presentation doesn't bother you, go for P3P for sure. If you must, must have 3D world exploration, character models in cutscenes and the odd anime cutscene here and there, get FES for $2.50 off PSN.

Top Bottom