• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

SO

Retrodynamics started sketching some... slightly NSFW Persona art, but it's high quality and totally irresistible. She drew a bunch of super duper cute and sexy Persona gals for everyone's viewing pleasure. Your w... even your favorite Persona gal ended up being on there. So what are you waiting for?

clicky

Don't you want to drown in a sea of cuties? Go, go!

Gazoinks

SO

Retrodynamics started sketching some... slightly NSFW Persona art, but it's high quality and totally irresistible. She drew a bunch of super duper cute and sexy Persona gals for everyone's viewing pleasure. Your w... even your favorite Persona gal ended up being on there. So what are you waiting for?

clicky

This link did not disappoint me.

Eh, I feel like the problems with the AI system are overstated a lot. It's not that it's perfect but as long as you used the tactics correctly you'll get what you want most of the time. I'm sure there's a variable amount of luck in there though which is why some people seem to have so much trouble with it? Usually though it seems like it's because they didn't bother using the tactics menu.
I used the tactics menu and in a FES replay my team refused to hit weaknesses a lot of the time. I couldn't beat the Magical Maguses. It seemed like Junpei and Koromaru learned weaknesses a few turns in or something but I couldn't survive at that point. I don't know how I beat them in the first run.

Also the best part of P2IS is still
HITLER LIVES. AND IS AN IMMORTAL SPACE WIZARD. HE WANTS TO USE AN ANCIENT ALIEN MESOAMERICAN SPACE SHIP BURIED BENEATH A JAPANESE CITY, COMBINED WITH CRYSTAL SKULLS AND THE SPEAR THAT SLEW THE SON OF GOD TO RULE THE UNIVERSE.

Because no part of that isn't completely insane, and how do you not smile when you read it?
That's the best part in the series.

IMO it would been a better game in the series to have a fighting game.
I'd prefer it too.

Acid08

Banned
I used the tactics menu and in a FES replay my team refused to hit weaknesses a lot of the time. I couldn't beat the Magical Maguses. It seemed like Junpei and Koromaru learned weaknesses a few turns in or something but I couldn't survive at that point. I don't know how I beat them in the first run.
Weird because in three playthroughs of vanilla/FES I can't remember ever having major problems with that. Knock Down command.

My main problem with the P3Fes tactics options was really if I needed to change tactics because something unexpected happened and I don't get my turn to switch tactics, though there were a few problems here and there.

For example I recall once I set my allies to full assault/hit weakness against a random mob (I think), but then I got hit by an unexpected crit or something and took heavy damage and was downed. But because I miss my turn when downed I can't switch tactics and can't order my allies to heal me or something like that.

Another thing was against the final boss, I set Aigis to support for her buffs, but because her Ma-buff ends earlier than everyone else's she would recast it when it wore off on her. However, it was still active on everyone else, so she would only buff herself and it would miss the others, and then she would waste a second turn in addition to SP re-casting it so it would affect them. Also, I could be wrong since this didn't happen to me since I just used Armageddon, but with regards to
Nyx's Night Queen reflection thing, if you are not right after Nyx, then when she deactivates it your allies will remain on the 'Wait' or whatever tactic until you get a turn to change it, which may potentially waste turns. I assume the same happens when she activates it, if you don't move directly after she activates it your allies may still attack her and you have to wait till you can move to change their tactics

Also I think there might be problems with when allies decide to use Break abilities and Mind Charge, but that could just be me not using the tactics right.

Xenoflare

PQ easily racks up as one of my most favorite games.

But the physical skill bias is too hard to ignore. Magical characters are useless, I know I ranted about this in Q's OT, but having a chuck of the cast basically useless is just painful.

Dantis

PQ easily racks up as one of my most favorite games.

But the physical skill bias is too hard to ignore. Magical characters are useless, I know I ranted about this in Q's OT, but having a chuck of the cast basically useless is just painful.

Naoto begs to differ.

Xenoflare

Naoto begs to differ.

Right, I'm specifically talking about SP cost of Agi/Bufu/Garu/Zios. Their elemental physical attack counterparts are much better.

Naoto is still the random encounter queen, there is no argument for that.

Hama and Mudo still trumps everything. Aside from bosses of course....

Naoto begs to differ.

Right, I'm specifically talking about SP cost of Agi/Bufu/Garu/Zios. Their elemental physical attack counterparts are much better.

Naoto is still the random encounter queen, there is no argument for that.

Hama and Mudo still trumps everything. Aside from bosses of course....

I actually like to combine physical attacks and spells. I go for physical attacks to get the boost and then go for a 0 SP cost area spell which deals some good damage.

As for Naoto, I'm really liking what I've done with her. I fused Kaguya (which can be obtained at level 16) and gave it to her. She now wrecks house. Kaguya's almigthy attacks which has an HP cost hits 5 times randomly and will most of the time land a critical. Then Naoto while boosted can go for a 0 SP Megido, cleaning the rest of the floor. I also have her equipped with some elemental attacks to go for an easier boost.

All in all I think it depends on how you build and use your characters contrary to being a physical vs spells thing, which is why I think sub personas mechanic is so good,it allows for some great customization.

cj_iwakura

P4's villain's shit-eating grin doesn't even compare to Definitely-Not-Hitler-Didn't-You-Read-The-Disclaimer-In-The-Opening's Shit Eating Grin.

I think Buddha put it best when he said that Fuhrer
was Nyarlatothep's living troll face.

Also the best part of P2IS is still
HITLER LIVES. AND IS AN IMMORTAL SPACE WIZARD. HE WANTS TO USE AN ANCIENT ALIEN MESOAMERICAN SPACE SHIP BURIED BENEATH A JAPANESE CITY, COMBINED WITH CRYSTAL SKULLS AND THE SPEAR THAT SLEW THE SON OF GOD TO RULE THE UNIVERSE.

Because no part of that isn't completely insane, and how do you not smile when you read it?

It has basis in truth, too, since he was a known occultist.

MSMrRound

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

atlus_devil_survivor_2_thumb.jpg

Never forget. (Hint: The "A" in Atlus)

Tamanon

Banned
With the previous P4AU character leak(Ken) and this Etrian leak via retailer press release, watch our first P5 info come from a Best Buy advert.

FluxWaveZ

With the previous P4AU character leak(Ken) and this Etrian leak via retailer press release, watch our first P5 info come from a Best Buy advert.

The EO leak is far less egregious than the P4AU leak, partly because it seems Atlus was already ready to reveal the localization information, but here:
Immerse yourself in the continuing saga and epic storytelling of the Persona series with Persona 5 for PlayStation 3. Memorable characters make their triumphant return alongside new faces that are sure to become fan favourites.
Looking for that description on the actual site, though... the product placement is gone. I just received a periodic pre-order notification that the game's awaiting the release date on December 1st and I vividly recall going on that page last week, so it must have been up at that time. Looking around... I can't find Persona 5 as a product anywhere anymore where I'm sure it used to be. Not on Amazon, not on Best Buy, not on Future Shop... Not sure if it had a listing on GameStop before, but it's not there either. It's on Play-Asia, though.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, it's generic. I can't even imagine someone putting "sure to become fan favorites" in a PR piece anyways. Think some retailer just wanted to get preorder money and sit on it to get the interest.

...so I take it that everyone is super busy with Persona Q, right?

Right, well then, I'm off to continue this wild maze of life.

(This game is so good you guys, sub-personas are hella cool, party interactions are dope, dialogue is top-tier, and I've only just begun seeing the Strolls. so good)

arue

...so I take it that everyone is super busy with Persona Q, right?

Right, well then, I'm off to continue this wild maze of life.

(This game is so good you guys, sub-personas are hella cool, party interactions are dope, dialogue is top-tier, and I've only just begun seeing the Strolls. so good)

I was super busy with Persona Q (20 hours so far), but now I'm super busy with tests and finals ;_;

Persona Q will be my salvation after this semester is over.

Soulflarz

Banned
My teachers keep assigning me project due in 2 mondays (3 so far) and I already know games are killing their chances of being done.

Squire

Banned
SO

clicky

not-what-i-expected.jpg

CorvoSol

SO

clicky

Monster friend to all the boys and gals

DNAbro

Persona Q makes me really hope that option to date a guy is in Persona 5. Gonna spoiler this next bit.

2nd labyrinth, 1st floor
When the game asked if gender or age mattered for your destined partner, I kind of laughed cause I said gender was important and Yosuke agreed. I don't think me and Yosuke were thinking the same gender lol. Just makes me hope that we get to see gay relationships in the next one.

CorvoSol

Persona Q makes me really hope that option to date a guy is in Persona 5. Gonna spoiler this next bit.

2nd labyrinth, 1st floor
When the game asked if gender or age mattered for your destined partner, I kind of laughed cause I said gender was important and Yosuke agreed. I don't think me and Yosuke were thinking the same gender lol. Just makes me hope that we get to see gay relationships in the next one.

FWIW, P3P (the most recent Social links, I think?) Female side is a foot in the door if you want to see it that way. Aigis all but says it, PK claims you can get it on with Elizabeth (I don't know because why would I choose Elizabeth when I can choose Theo) and Saori's SLink can be read that way.

Dantis

2nd labyrinth, 1st floor

It's not something I'd have any interest in, personally, but I think it could happen by sheer virtue of the amount of times it's mentioned.

Jintor

I'm playing a persona game again for the long time in a while and ugh 2 gud

it's like

ultimate comfort food

like being back with friends

was golden last december, now that I think about it? Or was it two years ago? Kinda weird that I already forgot...

Buzzman

Banned
Is Persona Q worth buying? I've played P3/P4 and liked the story, but never any of the EO games so I'm not sure. From the gameplay I've seen it reminds me of SMT: Strange Journey which I thought was pretty okay.

Edit: Basically a "relative" newcomer to Atlus, only played some of their console games and a little bit of Strange Journey.

Top Bottom