• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Allow me to introduce you to the magical world of spin-off titles! Check out Arena or PQ.
Or go straight into NG+

Well... i probably going to buy Arena Ultimax if it gets a bit cheaper.

And PQ wasnt really on my list until i saw that everyone is back. (Still its shit that this plays in 2011 and in the Persona 4 Story Timeline).

I cant get enough of those guys. I would really really like a P4 sequel that gets them all together after the True ending to solve another mystery.

FluxWaveZ

I cant get enough of those guys. I would really really like a P4 sequel that gets them all together after the True ending to solve another mystery.

But that's exactly what Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Persona 4 Dancing are. At some point, it should be time to let go.

Sophia

I don't want to see another damn thing involving the Persona 4 cast unless their characters and stories actually go somewhere. None of the crap we had in Arena/Ultimax.

Acid08

Banned
Well... i probably going to buy Arena Ultimax if it gets a bit cheaper.

And PQ wasnt really on my list until i saw that everyone is back. (Still its shit that this plays in 2011 and in the Persona 4 Story Timeline).

I understand where your coming from, just finished the game and are totally enraptured with it. The spinoffs are what you're looking for, buy and enjoy them.

Personally though, thank fuck they are moving on to P5. The P4 cast had gotten tons of love, four spinoff games and two animes worth. It's time to move on.

Dantis

But that's exactly what Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Persona 4 Dancing are. At some point, it should be time to let go.

I think he means a proper sequel, not a tonally different visual novel.

I'd be down for Persona 4-2. Featuring the epilogue designs.

FluxWaveZ

I think he means a proper sequel, not a tonally different visual novel.

I'd be down for Persona 4-2. Featuring the epilogue designs.

Either way is the same to me. Actually, an "actual" P4-2 would be worse because the story would be more significant and involved, but with the same cast that have already followed an arc in their original story. This would be in addition to all of the P4 spin-offs. I absolutely do not want this.

It's basically what Sophia's saying, but contracted:

I don't want to see another damn thing involving the Persona 4 cast.

A P4-2 scenario would be dreadful. They can make all the spin-offs they want (and I'm even getting a bit worn out on those, but I'm fine as long as they're quality), but no thanks to a full on new JRPG sequel as if this were the P2 duology. I'm done with P4. P Studio's capable of more, which they're doing with P5. Instead of another adventure with the P4 crew, I'd prefer another RPG with new characters to learn about and a new setting to be immersed in. That's a much, much more appealing prospect to me.

Sophia

A P4-2 scenario would be dreadful. They can make all the spin-offs they want (and I'm even getting a bit worn out on those, but I'm fine as long as they're quality), but no thanks to a full on new JRPG sequel as if this were the P2 duology. I'm done with P4. P Studio's capable of more, which they're doing with P5. Instead of another adventure with the P4 crew, I'd prefer another RPG with new characters to learn about and a new setting to be immersed in. That's a much, much more appealing prospect to me.

They made it perfectly clear that there's nowhere to go with these characters in both Arena and Ultimax. I don't even want more spinoffs, except for Dancing All Night, because there's literally nothing they can do outside of hitting the reset button in some manor.

Quick question:

Persona 3 FES on the European PSN is the PAL version right? slower and music out of sync?

Should I but it for the USA PSN?

Persona 4-2, where Chie, Yukiko and Rise go around a post fog Inaba, Rise has become a pop star (again), they find magical videos depicting what the TV world was like many years ago, discover that doppelgangers known as Nu Yarukami and Kakano plan to destroy Inaba and then Dojimas wife returns from the dead for whatever reason.

Actually I think I played something like this before......

this is a joke, I actually enjoyed ffx-2

Meia

I really can't see much to do left with the P4 cast. I mean, PQ is such quality that I wouldn't mind a PQ2 in the future(considering how well it sold, who knows on this one). That's kind of the only thing you can possibly do with it probably at this point.

But hey, we have a NEW Persona game coming soon, and maybe it will be as beloved as P4 was. That's why the wait is killing me. :p

So well... i completed P4G yesterday. My first Persona game. And now i even completed 5 RPGs in my life.

And it makes me sad to leave that bunch.
I want fucking more. Give me P4-2 ffs.

If you want more of the gameplay with a new cast, try out Persona 3. FES has the better presentation, Portable has a social link system and gameplay more similar to Persona 4(since it came out after P4 did). Then when you know both casts, feel free to jump into P4 Arena and then P4 Ultimax(since they're direct sequels to both), and Persona Q for a fun side game with all of the characters. Your journey's just beginning. :)

If you want more of the gameplay with a new cast, try out Persona 3. FES has the better presentation, Portable has a social link system and gameplay more similar to Persona 4(since it came out after P4 did). Then when you know both casts, feel free to jump into P4 Arena and then P4 Ultimax(since they're direct sequels to both), and Persona Q for a fun side game with all of the characters. Your journey's just beginning. :)

Thanks for the advice. Will do that.

Messiah

Nice, package containing Persona Q and the Udon artbooks finally arrived. This weekend will be great.

The only way they can keep making P4 intresting is having a 20+ year timeskip. But please, for the love of Nyx, stop making spin-offs of P4!

Still waiting for the Persona game with characters in their 20-30s.

Let's go for 60+ years
516401-514623-persona4_17_17.jpg

Scipio

The only way they can keep making P4 intresting is having a 20+ year timeskip. But please, for the love of Nyx, stop making spin-offs of P4!

Still waiting for the Persona game with characters in their 20-30s.

A few days into Persona Q, been playing bits here and there when I had the time (which now I'm done with college work should be more and more available now :D ) and despite still being early in I'm having a blast. Started with P3MC, still haven't met the P4 folks yet but I'm rolling with Mitsuru/Shinjiro/Yukari/Ken. Have been debating swapping Ken for Aigis though. I'm loving the map drawing though, and the combat is different for me, but definitely fun.

CorvoSol

Maybe it's because I'm relatively new to Persona but I sure don't share this rancor for P4 some have. Course it could also be that I haven't played Ultimax and am still eagerly awaiting Dancing that I'm not yet sated, but I don't see myself ever needing to be reminded that I love the cast of that game, haha.

Part of me thinks it'd be cool to see them around as grown ups in P5 the way P1's cast are in P2 or P3's cast are in P4A, but the other part would really prefer P5 to be a largely isolated thing. Ideal for me is that P5 is isolated and that an inevitable P5 spin-off brings us the cast of at least P4.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe it's because I'm relatively new to Persona but I sure don't share this rancor for P4 some have. Course it could also be that I haven't played Ultimax and am still eagerly awaiting Dancing that I'm not yet sated, but I don't see myself ever needing to be reminded that I love the cast of that game, haha.

Um, I think you're misinterpreting all of our perspectives (that is, if you're referring to this page's predominant discussion). I think most of us who said we don't want anymore spin-offs or don't want a P4-2 absolutely love Persona 4; we don't have rancor for it. We just want to move on.

Part of me thinks it'd be cool to see them around as grown ups in P5 the way P1's cast are in P2 or P3's cast are in P4A, but the other part would really prefer P5 to be a largely isolated thing. Ideal for me is that P5 is isolated and that an inevitable P5 spin-off brings us the cast of at least P4.

It's not rancor, just fatigue.

As for them appearing in P5, I think that would be walking a dangerous line. Even ignoring the P4 backlash, it would be best to make any appearances as vague as possible. That or have player choice in P5 retroactively determine what happened in previous games.

Ok maybe that was a little too much lol. I'm just like everyone else, I mean I will buy DAN, but I'm just tired of the 4 cast. I mean as someone said earlier, there's not much more they can do with the cast, and I don't want another retelling of the story. Again personal bias here, but I could do with seeing the 3 cast more, but I'm sure many are tired of them as well. I also find it funny that for Inaba to be a small town, it's the most happening place ever haha.

arue

Again personal bias here, but I could do with seeing the 3 cast more, but I'm sure many are tired of them as well.

After Arena, Ultimax, and Q, I really don't want to see the P3 cast anymore. I don't want people to get tired of them, like they did with P4.

DNAbro

Seems like Persona 5 will be shown tommorrow at PSX :

The font just screams Persona to me.

I told you in the other thread, I don't think it's for Persona. Soejima does the art for the series and I don't think this resembles his style.

Yeah because we see all 4 heads right? Also there were some speculations that the guy from the trailer is the Antagonist.

I've never seen anybody suggest this.

Lunar15

Not to mention, we've been told multiple times that the primary color of P5 is red, which that doesn't use at all.

I see some resemblance to Soejima's artwork though. Who knows.

DNAbro

Not to mention, we've been told multiple times that the primary color of P5 is red, which that doesn't use at all.

I see some resemblance to Soejima's artwork though. Who knows.

I saw someone say it could be for another SMT game which I could believe.

Tamanon

Banned
When you think about it "Devilizer" does kinda sound like a 70s Giant Robot...... :p

The only Persona vibe at all I'm getting is the woman standing like Yukari and the robot looking a LITTLE bit like a Giant Aigis.

kewlmyc

Persona is now a mecha series? (wouldn't be that far fetched now that I think about it)

I highly doubt that's Persona related in any way shape or form though.

Wait, why do people think this is Atlus related at all? Is it in from of their booth or something?

Gazoinks

When you think about it "Devilizer" does kinda sound like a 70s Giant Robot...... :p

The only Persona vibe at all I'm getting is the woman standing like Yukari and the robot looking a LITTLE bit like a Giant Aigis.

Not gonna lie, an SMT game where you pilot giant robots would possibly be the best thing ever.

DNAbro

Persona is now a mecha series? (wouldn't be that far fetched now that I think about it)

I highly doubt that's Persona related in any way shape or form though.

Wait, why do people think this is Atlus related at all? Is it in from of their booth or something?

Mainly because if this came from an Atlus game I wouldn't doubt it. It came from some Playstation event in Europe apparently. Chances are yes it's just really cool art.

Lunar15

Giant Aigis Robo Battle as a P3 spinoff sounds fine to me.

DNAbro

Interesting, the guy who took a pic of that artwork deleted the tweet. So it might actually be something, but obviously gonna hold my breath for anything Atlus and especially Persona related.

And the rest of the poster doesn't look like Persona at all. Devilizer? Sure, it could be (though it probably won't). Persona? Not at all. Especially Persona 5. We've seen enough of P5 to discern that this poster has nothing to do with it, since it has a completely different style.

Not to mention the fact that they wouldn't reveal something like a new poster at PSX, when they could have done that at those Japanese awards a few days ago.

I've seen friends on Twitter who know nothing about Persona telling me "dude, Persona will be shown tomorrow! Aren't you excited? Did you know about this?"... I've told them that this poster is as Persona as Resogun is God Of War.

DNAbro

And the rest of the poster doesn't look like Persona at all. Devilizer? Sure, it could be (though it probably won't). Persona? Not at all. Especially Persona 5. We've seen enough of P5 to discern that this poster has nothing to do with it, since it has a completely different style.

Not to mention the fact that they wouldn't reveal something like a new poster at PSX, when they could have done that at those Japanese awards a few days ago.

I've seen friends on Twitter who know nothing about Persona telling me "dude, Persona will be shown tomorrow! Aren't you excited? Did you know about this?"... I've told them that this poster is as Persona as Resogun is God Of War.

Well there is a chance Persona will be shown tomorrow. Atlus is coming to show upcoming games so...

arue

I compared it to Soejima's art in the P4 artbook and it looks nothing like his art. Soejima's nose is sharper and the lip is lower than the one in the poster.

Now that I think about it, a comparison like this might be unnecessary >_>

Gazoinks

I compared it to Soejima's art in the P4 artbook and it looks nothing like his art. Soejima's nose is sharper and the lip is lower than the one in the poster.

Now that I think about it, a comparison like this might be unnecessary >_>

Persona 4-2: The Adventures of Robo-Yu

Top Bottom