• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Well there is a chance Persona will be shown tomorrow. Atlus is coming to show upcoming games so...

Yeah, but that's Atlus USA. I doubt it will be anything new. Like some said, they could say something about the PS4 version of P5 being localized too, but I doubt we will see a new trailer.

DNAbro

Yeah, but that's Atlus USA. I doubt it will be anything new. Like some said, they could say something about the PS4 version of P5 being localized too, but I doubt we will see a new trailer.

They said this in the PS Blog post
Get a sneak peek at the brand new trailers for upcoming games. Find out what ATLUS will be releasing in the near future.

Of course they could just reshow the P5 trailer but seriously hoping for something more.

DNAbro

I guess it depends on your personal definition of "near future".

Well what other PS4/PS Vita/PS3 games are they going to have in the near future? I honestly can't think of any other than DAN and those two indie games they have playable.

It's probably something like Citizens of Earth. I really don't want to get disappointed tomorrow.

I would hope they wouldn't be stupid cause it is playable. And not game that really needs anymore trailers.

FluxWaveZ

The poll's closer than I thought. I thought "yes" would be winning by a landslide, but I guess the skepticism prevents that. Poll #004 had the vast majority think Persona 5 wasn't going to appear at the SCEJ conference...

arue

Do you guys remember this video? Go to the 1:01 mark.

http://youtu.be/CETyFrnSHkI

Although it's Atlus USA not Atlus JP that will be attending PSX, a slight glimpse of Persona 5 in a Playstation 20th Anniversary video already gave me hope that there would be at least an announcement about P5 for PS4 in the West.

Watch it be absent at PSX
Because it was already at The Game Awards. :p

So Geoff Keighley social link?

John's already there I think. But I'm not sure they'll actually do acceptances.

Yeah sorry. Apparently I can't read 3 lines above me :p That won't stop us though, let's get a full hype train rolling only for it crash spectacularly.

edit: I'm really off today I guess, I keep getting PSX and the Game Awards confused. I'll just stop editing now haha

Tamanon

Banned
So Geoff Keighley social link? Actually is anyone from Atlus USA going to be there to potentially accept an award, since Ultimax is a nominee for best fighting game of year? Though I feel like Smash will win it.

John's already there I think. But I'm not sure they'll actually do acceptances.

So Geoff Keighley social link?

Yeah sorry. Apparently I can't read 3 lines above me :p That won't stop us though, let's get a full hype train rolling only for it crash spectacularly.

edit: I'm really off today I guess, I keep getting PSX and the Game Awards confused. I'll just stop editing now haha

Only off by a few hours. No real issue.
Also, I'm not sure what arcana a Geoff Keighley s-link would be. Hanged Man?
Though he did emancipate the awards this year from spike.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
I like all your font-based assumptions because I like fonts, but plz don't make me get my Redd Herring image back out.

Unrelated, suda51 was behind me in line to get our tickets for tonight and it took every ounce of restraint to not try and hug him.

FluxWaveZ

OH SWEET JESUS. Shane Bettenhausen just tweeted this.

B4IDCI7CYAA16uI.jpg

DON'T PLAY WITH MY HEART LIKE THIS.

Sometimes it's okay to believe (to those that voted "no").

I like all your font-based assumptions because I like fonts, but plz don't make me get my Redd Herring image back out.

Unrelated, suda51 was behind me in line to get our tickets for tonight and it took every ounce of restraint to not try and hug him.

Assuming you weren't frozen in starstruck horror, I think you handled yourself pretty well.

To be honest, I voted DAN instead.

arue

After the TGS, I think I've become more optimistic in regards to Persona news at a major video game event.

Not too optimistic though; probably it will only show the trailer we already saw, but in English.

Tamanon

Banned
Keep in mind they've said several times this is a global celebration event. I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if we got new stuff at either TGA's or PSX.

Let us see friends, let us see.

Also, it was kinda odd they didn't have any news post or update on p-ch today like they normally do on Fridays.

Meia

Keep in mind they've said several times this is a global celebration event. I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if we got new stuff at either TGA's or PSX.

Also, it was kinda odd they didn't have any news post or update on p-ch today like they normally do on Fridays.

Yeah, too many coincidences happening at once to be such...

tumblr_nb3g9w639i1s3na75o2_500.gif

arue

Maybe to keep this as a surprise? I remember they changed the P5 website right after the trailer was shown at TGS.

FluxWaveZ

The most reasonable thought always was to believe Persona 5 was going to be present at PSX but, indeed, I don't expect anything new. I expect the same SCEJ conference trailer, with a PS4 confirmation for NA. What could be interesting is whatever release date is associated with this. 2015 would clear any doubters who think it's being pushed to 2016 here; no date could mean it's not coming out in NA in 2015. I don't expect a more specific release window than that, but that would certainly be real interesting.

Edit: Looking at that picture, I wonder what it's from, specifically. Doesn't seem that it would be from a newer version of the Atlus USA P5 website since some necessary logos are missing. It wouldn't be from the SCEJ trailer since the chairs aren't present in it (unless they would have been amended in when the logo appears for some reason). Maybe it's like a pamphlet, or something.

wmlk

That poster gives me Kaneko and SMT vibes.

That's why it's not that lol.

Definitely getting Japanese vibes from it, though.

Acid08

Banned
The most reasonable thought always was to believe Persona 5 was going to be present at PSX but, indeed, I don't expect anything new. I expect the same SCEJ conference trailer, with a PS4 confirmation for NA. What could be interesting is whatever release date is associated with this. 2015 would clear any doubters who think it's being pushed to 2016 here; no date could mean it's not coming out in NA in 2015. I don't expect a more specific release window than that, but that would certainly be real interesting.

Edit: Looking at that picture, I wonder what it's from, specifically. Doesn't seem that it would be from a newer version of the Atlus USA P5 website since some necessary logos are missing. It wouldn't be from the SCEJ trailer since the chairs aren't present in it (unless they would have been amended in when the logo appears for some reason). Maybe it's like a pamphlet, or something.

Maybe an ad thing like these?

though probably not nearly as large.

Kinsei

Banned
So I managed to walk out of a store with the premium edition of Q today. I take it that I was very lucky?

I probably won't get to the game anytime soon (I still haven't played the Arena games yet), but I figured I'd never get another chance to buy it so I got it.

Hugstable

Banned
Expecting nothing. Will be pleasantly surprised to see otherwise.

Same I'm going into it with zero expectation of anything being shown. That said I'm still a bit excited deep down, and if gameplay or new characters get shown off tomorrow I'm probably gonna meltdown lol.

You know people often say its best to not expect anything and be pleasantly surprised and while its true its so so so much more rewarding believing in something and then it coming true.

Messiah

Wow, Persona Q is really great. One thing though, what triggers all-out-attacks and follow-up attacks? Seemed a bit random at times.

The more characters in your party that have boost activated, the likelier it is for AOAs and follow-up attacks to happen. Pretty sure AOAs are guaranteed if your entire party has boost.
Ah, thanks.

Edit: Thank you too Hugstable

D-Man

Wow, Persona Q is really great. One thing though, what triggers all-out-attacks and follow-up attacks? Seemed a bit random at times.

The more characters in your party that have boost activated, the likelier it is for AOAs and follow-up attacks to happen. Pretty sure AOAs are guaranteed if your entire party has boost.

Hugstable

Banned

For all out attacks, I think you need to have at least 3 or 4 characters boosted for it to activate. Well at least that's where it seems to activate for me, but I've never gotten all 5 party members boosted at once, so I'm pretty sure you only need like 3 or 4. The Follow-Ups feel completely random to me though, but they've saved my butt more than enough times.

Sophia

I think it's virtually guaranteed that Persona 5 PS4 will be mentioned. I'd bet real money on that, even.

Beyond that, I have no clue what we'll see.

I totally called that. :p

I'm 32 hours into Risky mode now. The third labyrinth is by far my favorite dungeon in Persona Q. But while the events were hilarious, I can't say I enjoyed the second labyrinth too much due to obnoxious FOEs.

The more people you have boosted, the more likely an All Out Attack will occur. If all five members of the party are boosted, then an AOA is guaranteed under normal situations.

Follow Up Attacks seem to follow the same logic, except an All Out Attack takes priority over a Follow Up attack. So you're most likely to get a follow up if two or three people are boosted.

Wii Tank

So is Risky mode the best way to play Persona Q? I haven't started yet because of Pokemon, but I'm hearing a lot of good things from people here about Risky mode.

Sophia

So is Risky mode the best way to play Persona Q? I haven't started yet because of Pokemon, but I'm hearing a lot of good things from people here about Risky mode.

There's no shame in playing on any difficulty, but Risky is definitely the way to go if you're up for the challenge. It is VERY well balanced.

Xenoflare

There's no shame in playing on any difficulty, but Risky is definitely the way to go if you're up for the challenge. It is VERY well balanced.

It's a step up from P3/P4. Also kinda reminds me of old school Persona

Watched Akihiko recite Marie's poem. Don't know if it was just me, found it pretty funny.

The fact that
Atlus did not include that music box arrangement for Aria of the soul in any OST is just 100% troll.

Top Bottom