• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

LX_Theo

Banned
But Yukari only has 10 and is in the bottom third of the list! ;_;

Junpei and Sho are in the pack of regulars as well, so I'm guessing the cutoff for when people started treating the announcements on a character by character basis was after them.

Yukari's position means nothing! And I will continue to tell myself that.

kewlmyc

I mean AIGIS is low. AIGIS. Of course it's not based on popularity since the actual character popularity polls show otherwise.

Pretty surprised with some of those numbers, like wow. Some of the ones at the bottom, like best girl Yukari, should be placed well higher than this. It is outrageous. A blasphemy!

Snakeyes

Yes, at least in terms of how the story was told. It's kinda weird to say that bad story telling is inherent to the fighting game genre when I assume you've only been exposed to the standard storytelling ones such as what SFIV uses. The P4AU devs., for example, made the conscious decision to switch the structure of the story, sacrificing the time it will take to complete the entire mode (compared to P4A) in order to improve the coherency and density of the plot, in addition to other stuff like having many more anime cutscenes.
Yeah, most of my experience has been with the big fighting series (SF, Tekken, GG, KoF, SC, etc...) and their storyline was pretty sub-par, so I kinda started to assume the genre is just not fit for good storytelling.

You seem pretty confident that Ultimax will deliver in the story department :p

FluxWaveZ

You seem pretty confident that Ultimax will deliver in the story department :p

I don't know about that, but I do know that they have said they took the criticism and knowledge that they gained from working on the first game to heart when it came to creating P4AU's story (reflected partly by the fact that they now have the overarching, BBCP flowchart structure instead of the individual story structure that P4A had). Then there's the fact that it's been reiterated that this is where it all ends—bringing with it a certain finality to the P-1 GP events—and all of the questions that this game will probably answer. A lot of interesting plot threads are converging in this story, and I am very interested to see what happens; really, just the fact that it has the Episode P3 and Episode P4 structure made me reassured.

Plus, Erin Fitzgerald said P4AU's story is awesome, and she's pretty cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh shit...

Is there no "Complete all Quests during a play-through" trophy for P4G?

I've been breaking my back to get up to 64 quests complete (of 69) for nothing? D:

I think I may load an earlier save and focus on my social links and building the compendium if that's the case. I don't really need these items since I got all the books and just need to finish reading them/the S. Links if that's the case.

So someone tell me if I'm reading all these trophy websites right and the US version of the game doesn't do quests complete?

LX_Theo

Banned
I bet that if
Makoto
were to be announced he'd be in the top of the votes.

Sure, but it'd be for obvious reasons connected only partially to popularity.

Oh shit...

I've been breaking my back to get up to 64 quests complete (of 69) for nothing? D:

I think I may load an earlier save and focus on my social links and building the compendium if that's the case. I don't really need these items since I got all the books and just need to finish reading them/the S. Links if that's the case.

So someone tell me if I'm reading all these trophy websites right and the US version of the game doesn't do quests complete?
You do not need to finish all the quests. Just the ones to get certain books.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh shit...

That is correct, there is no complete all quests trophy. (Thank god)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damn it. I wish I knew that earlier.

Fuck Kashiwagi and her stupid outfit quests (especially the one I'm stuck on due to that stupid "is she there or isn't she there" trader needed to move the quest forward). I'm going to finish reading the books and Rise/Kanji's S. Links to max if I still got the time. Otherwise I gotta load an earlier (by two weeks) save and do those quickly/over again. Oy.

CorvoSol

Persona needs more strong antagonists. You see how [Redacted] has nearly four times as many shares as second place?

I can agree to that. None of the villains in P3 were particularly good except Nyx, and that was only as a force of nature kind of thing. Izanami was kinda like a low-end FF villain (though the Killer was good). Kandori in P1 was basically a no-one compared to Pandora (which makes sense, given the plot.) THE FUHRER was funny, but whatevs. So far the Sudous are the real stand-out foes of P2. Oh, and Nyarlotothep for the four minutes per game he decides to be present.

So in one week I'm entering what I think is high school in the US? (Preparatoria over here) And tomorrow I'm visiting the school to familiarize myself with it.

Guys, will I get the power to summon a deity, get a weird group of friends, meet a man with a long nose, do some Social Link, be involved in a plan about getting chicks, accidentaly fall into a hot springs accident, etc.?

So in one week I'm entering what I think is high school in the US? (Preparatoria over here) And tomorrow I'm visiting the school to familiarize myself with it.

Guys, will I get the power to summon a deity, get a weird group of friends, meet a man with a long nose, do some Social Link, be involved in a plan about getting chicks, accidentaly fall into a hot springs accident, etc.?

Well, let's put it this way. If you don't get as far as the nose guy within the first week, consider it failed.
As a backup, try to make friends with the most generic looking guy in the school.

Gazoinks

If someone has oddly colored hair, stick to them like glue.

CorvoSol

Things CorvoSol honestly actually did in HighSchool:

1. Ripped my pants in front of the entire Senior Class.
2. While singing Britney Spears in Falsetto.
3. Was the Mascot. Did the running man while our own team was injured.
4. Ate a pepper so hot I was crying for the next two periods in exchange for five dollars I never got.
5. Told a girl her mom was a skank and then silver tongued my way out of a detention I deserved for doing so.
6. Got into a butt-pinching war with a girl.
7. Took a girl to prom who hated my best friends to the point that I didn't get to hang with them all night.
8. Was nominated but not elected Homecoming and Prom King.
9. Delivered the Homecoming Football.
10. Got to be on TV in a parade.
11. Finally asked out the junior high crush and got turned down!
12. WENT TO DISNEY LAND WITH MY BEST FRIENDS.
13. Went lingerie shopping with girls for the first time.
The list goes on.

High School is what you make of it.

Squire

Banned
I don't get a lot of people ever guess that I am! I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

A personal naïveté of mine is assuming everyone online is of a moderate age (which I guess is in between 18-25 in my head).

There are probably a lot more teens on GAF. Same for thirty-year-olds.

Well, let's put it this way. If you don't get as far as the nose guy within the first week, consider it failed.
As a backup, try to make friends with the most generic looking guy in the school.
No you'll mostly just be asked if you wanna smoke weed
If someone has oddly colored hair, stick to them like glue.
High School is what you make of it.
Definitely a good thing, you guys are living the Persona dream~
I try to block out my high-school days.
It's for the best.
Thanks for the tips!
We have two high schoolers in here? Wow.
Persona is rated M for Mature? Pfffft. In my book Persona is rated M for Miguel.

Also I probably should go to sleep since I need to be there 8:30 am

Mdesilva

A personal naïveté of mine is assuming everyone online is of a moderate age (which I guess is in between 18-25 in my head).

There are probably a lot more teens on GAF. Same for thirty-year-olds.
Oh, I get that. But I guess I don't act my age (on the internet at least) is what I'm saying.

I thought you were older than me, actually. Not sure why, guess you have a mature air. :p
I try ;)

Things Scrafty did in high school:

1. Championed the trivia team, leading them to 2 gold medals and one silver as well as earning the title of "Quiz King Scrafty"
2. Championed the debate team, leading them to one gold medal and one special accommodation
3. Championed the yearbook team, causing that semester's yearbook to sell better than the previous two combined
4. Starred in a production of Noises Off and successfully managed to out-Michael Caine Michael Caine
5. Acted like a general dork whom no one liked

Top Bottom