• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Is there something I'm missing here?

I can see it going any number of ways. E3's only a month before the launch of DAN, so would they put up new content, when that would eat into part of the incentive for getting the game day-one? I'm sure Atlus Japan is still prioritizing the Japanese market, so I could see Atlus USA being a little hamstrung with revealing new footage.
C'MON DEVIL CHILDREN!

A new trailer does not make the Blu-Ray less enticing. I expect the Blu-Ray to be a huge blow out of info or maybe even something else like an anime special.

84X

Banned
But for a blu-ray? It better be something substantial, otherwise it's a horrible waste of materials.

It's a pre order bonus either way, they're not making anything back from it besides publicity... in which case a seventeen minute video doesn't mean much more to them than a three minute video.

Space wise it'll be a waste regardless.

Lunar15

It has to be something more than a trailer, otherwise it'd just be put on the internet. It has to be some of the OST as well or something.

Makio

If not is a 17 minute trailers.

I pretty sure gonna be fill with interviews , behind the scenes and other "exclusive" stuff

But gonna include a trailer (with release date) for sure.

EDIT : The soundtrack option sounds cool , a couple of theme / songs to hear the new Meguro material.

Dantis

It has to be something more than a trailer, otherwise it'd just be put on the internet. It has to be some of the OST as well or something.
I think it will just be a longer than normal trailer.

Nice try

lldVWNV.gif

...Round 2?

Your art's pretty unique compared to others; I love it.

Persona 4 Golden concept art I had never seen before:

Zhlnqza.png

Via PlayStation Japan Hashino interview.

It's in the Persona 4 fan book, along with concept art of Marie.

FluxWaveZ

I've learned my lesson and I'm not hoping for anything bew besides the same trailer we saw except in English.

It's E3 after all, not TGS.

For Persona 5, that's what I've always expected and it is indeed how we know Atlus has operated in terms of marketing for a long while now. It's weird when some people insist that Persona 5 won't be at E3 2015 at all, considering everything surrounding the game.

Edit: I still think we'll be seeing something before the Persona 5 Blu-ray special movie is released on June 25th.

MSMrRound

It's weird when some people insist that Persona 5 won't be at E3 2015 at all, considering everything surrounding the game.

I'm putting my money on attendant badges/lanyards at the very least. AtlusUSA will pretty much be showing off something at their booth. Not 100% assured that Sony might drop more P5 stuff on us during their conference though.

FluxWaveZ

I'm putting my money on attendant badges/lanyards at the very least. AtlusUSA will pretty much be showing off something at their booth. Not 100% assured that Sony might drop more P5 stuff on us during their conference though.

My stance regarding P5's presence at E3 2015:

1. Looking at precedence, the E3 badge being P5 themed is practically guaranteed, yeah.
2. A Persona 5 trailer being shown at the Atlus booth is practically guaranteed.
3. I have a hard time believing that the P5 trailer they would be showing there would be the one that was released alongside PlayStation Experience 2014, however they did show a 4-month old trailer for P4D at E3 2014.
4. I'm unsure whether P5 will be at the Sony press conference or not. I do think it will be a mistake if it isn't, but for it to be there in the spotlight, I think they would need to show something that is actually new worldwide. On one hand, you'd think they would indeed be able to have something like that to show if the game is still set for a 2015 NA release, and that's combined with the fact that P5 will be getting new media less than two weeks after E3 2015. On the other hand, precedence has shown us that, regarding Persona, we usually don't see something new for an NA audience before it's been shown for the Japanese audience.

E3 will let us know for sure whether or not the game is still set for a 2015 release in North America, and this is whether someone comments about it or not. Regarding the point of Atlus JP getting stuff shown before Atlus USA, I think back to how Soejima was at E3 2014 and the fact that Persona 5 is releasing for the PlayStation 4. If there was any time to break the trend, the Sony E3 2015 press conference for worldwide exposure of Persona 5 would be it.

FluxWaveZ

So I was waiting on Sokuho@Hokanko's flying get for Vol. 589 of Dengeki PlayStation (releasing on April 23) to see if there could be a tease correlating with 2015-05-05. As it turns out, there is indeed a tease for the May 14th issue of DPS:
Information of an unreleased title finally revealed!?
The game in question's probably already been announced since they would have mentioned it in the tease if it wasn't, like they have done in the past.

Heh... Just something to consider.

DNAbro

So I was waiting on Sokuho@Hokanko's flying get for Vol. 589 of Dengeki PlayStation (releasing on April 23) to see if there could be a tease correlating with 2015-05-05. As it turns out, there is indeed a tease for the May 14th issue of DPS:

The game in question's probably already been announced since they would have mentioned it in the tease if it wasn't, like they have done in the past.

I'm telling you the 5/5/15 trailer is happening. I don't believe Atlus would let that date pass by without doing something.

Also random thought, what are the chances they finally have an updated version of Aria of the Soul playing in P5 velvet room? I love the current version but it's been the same since P3 and I want an updated version.

ha, I was checking blogs today for the same reason.

Anyway, going by how Super Live worked, I sort of expect the next Persona 5 thing to be teased in regular newspapers, similarly to how the Phantom announced his plans to appear, and which is also how Arsene Lupin communicated in his stories.

Sophia

I totally expect tons of Persona 5
PS4
to be shown off at E3. Just seems like the perfect place to do it, given the platform.

I also am totally hoping for a trailer on 5/5/15 just because IDEALISM YO~!

...Round 2?

Only if we get an Aigis week first. :|

I stand by no new Persona 5 stuff at E3 unless we get a major information blowout before that point. If only Dancing released a couple of weeks earlier I'd be more optimistic.

Dantis

Woooah, I just went to check when Aigis' birthday was, and apparently she's in the PxD manga (In a cameo appearance)? That's actually sort of interesting.

Nachos

What's an Atlus PS4 RPG?
I just assumed it was a given, so I wasn't sure why you were highlighting it specifically.

Until they get hit by copyright infringement notices from a Russian artist.
Oh right, who could forget Russian Chie/Чие from the hit game, Шин Мегами Тенсей: Персона 4?

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
I'm telling you the 5/5/15 trailer is happening. I don't believe Atlus would let that date pass by without doing something.

Also random thought, what are the chances they finally have an updated version of Aria of the Soul playing in P5 velvet room? I love the current version but it's been the same since P3 and I want an updated version.

Hehe I hope soon too, it's way too perfect.

Mm, probably? I mean, if we consider the change between p5 and p3/p4 as a similar jump in Persona's "era" as with p1/p2 to p3/p4, than we should except some changes to series staples. Like with new music, maybe we'll have new tarot card designs too? Stuff like that?

FluxWaveZ

its like the only persona thing that isnt canon!

Heh, well Aigis, Narukami and Elizabeth hanging out in the Lord of Vermillion II world probably isn't a thing that happened. Some of those mobile games are probably pretty weird, too. Trinity Soul is questionable and, I haven't watched it, but I hear that it contradicts a bunch of stuff from the actual Persona games.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
Heh, well Aigis, Narukami and Elizabeth hanging out in the Lord of Vermillion II world probably isn't a thing that happened. Some of those mobile games are probably pretty weird, too. Trinity Soul is questionable and, I haven't watched it, but I hear that it contradicts a bunch of stuff from the actual Persona games.

It REALLY fucking does. Like they state in the anime that adults can't summon Personas? Wtf? All the adults in the previous Persona games (and recent ones!) can summon their's fine. Like I'm wondering if the writers of Trinity ever played or knew about P1/P2 existence(I don't think p4 came out yet when Trinity was made?? ).

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
Yeah,as a naoto fan i was really dissapointed with that manga.
I really like her new look though.

I heard it was so badly received that Atlus kinda just swept it under the rug of "non-canon" when it originally was suppose to be? So I've heard. The really blatant exploitative fanservice was enough for me to think it was gonna be shit anyway.EDIT: the manga, that is? I just remember it was a novel than a manga first? I can't remember if that weird pic of Naoto naked and covering herself is an illustration from the novel or from the manga...

Hehe I hope soon too, it's way too perfect.

Mm, probably? I mean, if we consider the change between p5 and p3/p4 as a similar jump in Persona's "era" as with p1/p2 to p3/p4, than we should except some changes to series staples. Like with new music, maybe we'll have new tarot card designs too? Stuff like that?
I wouldn't expect the jump from P4 to P5 to be as big and different as the jump from P2 to P3, on account of P5 being made by the same team as the one that made P4 & 3 and also just due to Persona being significantly more popular now than it was when P3 was released. I don't think the series will ever see a shake up that big again.

Unless Atlus specifically states it to be non-canon it's canon as far as I'm concerned, and I will prop it up whenever I need a convenient example of why Persona canon is so worthless.

PxD is listed in a section of the Persona Magazine detailing the story of Persona 4 and it's spinoffs. The magazine labels it as a sidestory, so even if it's not explicitly stated to be canon, it's definitely not said to be "not canon".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom