• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

OrionX

Y'know, now that I think about it... how the hell did Ryoji
become a student? Like, he just materializes into existence and is able to forge student documents? Or are Japanese schools just super accepting of pretty-boy outsiders?
haha I suppose it's best not to question these things...

become a student? Like, he just materializes into existence and is able to forge student documents? Or are Japanese schools just super accepting of pretty-boy outsiders?

I keep saying that and everyone else is like "It's an Evangelion reference, maaaaaan!"

Again,
where does this idiot even go at night?!

PK Gaming

You should be asking how an android like Aigis manages to do those things and pass as a human

OrionX

I keep saying that and everyone else is like "It's an Evangelion reference, maaaaaan!"

Again,
where does this idiot even go at night?!

lol, pretty sure he
sneaks into the dorm and stands over mc's bed all night, obvs.

You should be asking how an android like Aigis manages to do those things and pass as a human

See, with that I always assumed that Mitsuru used her authority/$$$ to cover it up. xD

At least she has documentation. The rest can be chalked up to average people being incredibly dull.
Which the endgames to P3 and P4 do little to disprove.

I mean....I guess it would be more natural to think she at least has some disorder rather than being an android with sentient artificial intelligence.

Not to mention it's already easy to dismiss her as just 'weird' cause she looks like a foreigner.

Zolo

I mean....I guess it would be more natural to think she at least has some disorder rather than being an android with sentient artificial intelligence.

jzbluz

That's actually FeMC only, so he didn't even have one in the original game 8D

Does the MC not have male links in the psp? I never did his route for PSP.

I watched/read enough anime/manga/etc. to assume he
used magic to brainwash everyone into thinking he was a normal student with normal student documents.

Jintor

aigis at least you can chalk up to the kirijo group being a standard japanese all-powerful zaibatsu and owning the entire city i think. as for school life it's an anime school, they probably thought she was a chuuni

Does the MC not have male links in the psp? I never did his route for PSP.

I watched/read enough anime/manga/etc. to assume he
used magic to brainwash everyone into thinking he was a normal student with normal student documents.

I'd believe that if
he didn't also know nothing about himself!

Sophia

aigis at least you can chalk up to the kirijo group being a standard japanese all-powerful zaibatsu and owning the entire city i think. as for school life it's an anime school, they probably thought she was a chuuni

Some of the students do recognize that she's a little weird, and one student also correctly (but jokingly) guesses she's a robot.

Of course, that same student also says it doesn't matter because she's hot so...

Jintor

Some of the students do recognize that she's a little weird, and one student also correctly (but jokingly) guesses she's a robot.

Of course, that same student also says it doesn't matter because she's hot so...

as a robot, what are your thoughts on this comment?

Sophia

as a robot, what are your thoughts on this comment?

BEEP BEEP.

P3 Aigis character spoilers:
Aigis has developmental issues, beyond just merely being a robot. She'd probably pass pretty easily if she played up post P3 side more.

Corginand

Any info/pics of
Goro's thief outfit/Persona
so far? That's one of the few things I actually want to get spoiled, heh.

Is there a lot more than what was in the Persona 5 anniversary soundtrack?
Of course. The music on the anniversary soundtrack only really covers the part of the game we've seen.

Any info/pics of
Goro's thief outfit/Persona
so far? That's one of the few things I actually want to get spoiled, heh.
Not sure myself, and I don't want to know, but you might want to check in the spoiler thread here.

PK Gaming

There is pretty much no way you can spin Aigis existing in school in a way where she goes unnoticed by her peers. Her striking blond hair and blue eyes aside, she has a robotic face. Her skin is synthetic. Her joints stick out. Her hands are entirely metallic. Her legs are metallic. Gym class is a wash. Her initial personality prevents her from properly interacting with humans. Che cosa???

This isn't a case of the school populace being too stupid, and it can't be solved by the Kiriji group's infinite money; It's a contrivance. A contrivance that I don't personally mind, but a contrivance nonetheless. I'm surprised people are willing to go to bat for it.

Jintor

I want to jokingly claim my experience teaching at a japanese middle school says they would ignore it but i can't be bothered finding a way to tactfully express it so i'll just explain the joke instead

There is pretty much no way you can spin Aigis existing in school in a way where she goes unnoticed by her peers. Her striking blond hair and blue eyes aside, she has a robotic face. Her skin is synthetic. Her joints stick out. Her hands are entirely metallic. Her legs are metallic. Gym class is a wash. Her initial personality prevents her from properly interacting with humans. Che cosa???

This isn't a case of the school populace being too stupid, and it can't be solved by the Kiriji group's infinite money; It's a contrivance. A contrivance that I don't personally mind, but a contrivance nonetheless. I'm surprised people are willing to go to bat for it.

To be fair, it's largely to show that there's an even bigger contrivance right around the corner.

Jintor

i've been doing a 30 min sketch every day for the last week or so. I just finished up my last char series, so who am I sketching today from the p5 cast?

.JayZii

Banned
The 3D models for the personas look great in P5, but I think I might miss having the 2D art for them in the menus, to be honest.

I'm sure I'll get used to it after an hour or so.

Lusankya

The 3D models for the personas look great in P5, but I think I might miss having the 2D art for them in the menus, to be honest.

I'm sure I'll get used to it after an hour or so.

Wow, I actually was going to say "But there is 2D art of them in the menu" until I re-watched the screenshots again and realized they're 3D models all along. They did a great job on them and I am already used to them.

Makio

English trailer to coincide with the JP launch? Maybe a bit optimistic, but feel like we might get something sooner rather than later.

With SMT apocalypse coming in less than a week i feel Persona 5 US campaign almost upon us ...few weeks (days) from here for sure but yeah Atlus USA should use all this Persona 5 / TGS momentum to tease us at least

I'm instantly satisfied if Cristina Vee is involved.
Literally the actress i been hoping to land a role since they announce the characters years ago , with her or Carrie Keranen i be a happy dude ... specially if they voice a party member
(But even a cooperation character could be fine) #TeamVee #TeamKeranen

PD: I hope if she end up in the dub Hardin do one of those interviews he do with other persona voices actors she seems like the nice / funny lady ever
(do some interviews anyway , give some love to the next persona VA stars)

I don't trust Hardin.
#HARDINLIE never forget 2015 release

wait...do you guys pronounce Ann and Anne differently? because I dont. Do you just like having the e there for the look?

Seriously i cant believe the Anne vs Ann is becoming a thing specially when in English sound the fricking same

hughesta

Banned
Pretty much all of it, which is killing me, because I really want to hear it.
god damn it I want to hear this so bad

also #TeamAnnE

yes I pronounce them the same and yes I like the look better. I agree with the poster above who said having the 'e' there for some reason makes the name look more fun.

artsi

Not many hours left~

uPTmT7O.jpg

Jintor

i scribbled this

tumblr_odhqlvaof41rnx5rho1_400.png

looking for references was a chore because i suddenly realised typing 'persona 5' into google or tumblr was a bad idea

Moaradin

How should someone go about playing the Persona 2 games in this day and age? I heard that the first game got a PSP remake in English, but not the second one. Would it be really weird going from the PSP remake to the PSX sequel? I heard there's a lot of weird localization problems and other issues.

How should someone go about playing the Persona 2 games in this day and age? I heard that the first game got a PSP remake in English, but not the second one. Would it be really weird going from the PSP remake to the PSX sequel? I heard there's a lot of weird localization problems and other issues.

The PSX version of Eternal Punishment's localisation is fine, there shouldn't be too much trouble going to it from Innocent Sin Portable.

There are a few name/terminology changes, but there's a guide to those here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/25/persona-2-eternal-punishment-hits-psn-tomorrow/

Setsu00

How much VO is in the games? is it a different cast in each version?

If it's anything like Innocent Sin, probably next to none. Some lines during major battles are voiced and obviously they scream the names of their Personas sometimes, but that's about it as far as I remember.

Literally the actress i been hoping to land a role since they announce the characters years ago , with her or Carrie Keranen i be a happy dude ... specially if they voice a party member
(But even a cooperation character could be fine) #TeamVee #TeamKeranen
Carrie was completely unknown to me until trails of cold steel, but her performance there is so fucking good that shes already one of my favorites, with vee being my favorite, I'm in agreement. I would like to hear both of them. Granted thats of course if there are characters that they fit.

Carrie was completely unknown to me until trails of cold steel, but her performance there is so fucking good that shes already one of my favorites, with vee being my favorite, I'm in agreement. I would like to hear both of them. Granted thats of course if there are characters that they fit.

Vee is pretty much a chameleon so I could see her as any of the girls in the party.

Top Bottom