• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona fans: What do you want out of Persona 5?

wanders

Since persona games are usually hip and trendy it would be cool if the "evokers" were smartphones. Like they used there phones to summon persona. Then the social aspect can be some Facebook-like app on the 'phones.

That'd be cooool

Snakeyes

How about some female
Nyarly
?

602156794.jpg

xJavonta

Banned
See, I don't really know what I want. I love having teenage characters because I can relate and the social simulation is a blast, but ai don't know how all that would play out with adult characters. Maybe meet halfway and do college characters instead of high school?

Or like characters from 3 and 4 teaming up, with the awesome gameplay from 4. Oh and PLEASE don't do cel shaded graphics. I have a strong feeling that this will happen. Despite the other games not having this.

Is it really that bad? Ive been toying with the idea of picking up P4A.

No it a great fighting game. Anybody telling you otherwise is wrong. Just look at the reviews, the p4a thread, the fgc picking it up. Today alone had 91 entrants at socal's super arcade. On wednesday it had 80+ and on the East Coast they had 50+ entrants at Next Level.

To those of you wishing for an older cast of characters, can you really imagine some 30 year old going around a dungeon in his work clothes with a sword or bow killing shadows and whatnot? Seems pretty ridiculous to me. The teenage or young adult cast works because we're used to seeing teens and young adults going around and fighting monsters and shit. As for what I want, HD graphics, P4/P3P gameplay, more variety in dungeons, completely new cast (maybe throw in some random cameos from characters from the other Persona games), and a great story (but that's pretty much a given because nobody wants a bad story).

cj_iwakura

Is it really that bad? Ive been toying with the idea of picking up P4A.

It's great, and the notion that Atlus would make a core Persona title into an FTG is silly. They used it as an avenue to further the brand, and a dang good one.
(There's a strong argument that the story is bridging the gap to P5, too.)

Chavelo

I agree with Billiechu. I think he means that P4A is not a bad game, but that P5 should be an RPG game.

I really like P4A, but doing Persona 5 as a fighting game would be upsetting. Persona 5 Arena, cool beans. Persona 4 Arena 2 or whatever, I'm all game.

But keep the main games RPG style.

Also, NO ANIME CUTSCENES. Please, I'm begging you.

:lol what

DO YOU EVEN PERSONA, BRO

LuuKyK

As others have said I just want it to come out, really.

The persona series is probably my favorite one, so whatever comes out I am pretty sure I will love. Thats how much I believe in that team.

Wtf?

To those of you wishing for an older cast of characters, can you really imagine some 30 year old going around a dungeon in his work clothes with a sword or bow killing shadows and whatnot? Seems pretty ridiculous to me. The teenage or young adult cast works because we're used to seeing teens and young adults going around and fighting monsters and shit. As for what I want, HD graphics, P4/P3P gameplay, more variety in dungeons, completely new cast (maybe throw in some random cameos from characters from the other Persona games), and a great story (but that's pretty much a given because nobody wants a bad story).
I don't see why seeing a man or woman in business attire killing crazy monsters in a labyrinth of shadows is any more outlandish than seeing plucky teens in school uniforms do the same.

I don't think anyone is playing Persona for its stark realism.

Snakeyes

See, I don't really know what I want. I love having teenage characters because I can relate and the social simulation is a blast, but ai don't know how all that would play out with adult characters.
120gr4i.jpg

Love the games, haven't seen the anime but their artistyle doesn't really "fit" with the games' artstyle. It throws the immersion off for me.

tumblr_m7wafdF72X1qi0kbe.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

LIVE ACTION CUT SCENES YEAHHHH

Love the games, haven't seen the anime but their artistyle doesn't really "fit" with the games' artstyle. It throws the immersion off for me.

dude. the game looks like an anime. how do anime cutscenes not work for an anime game? hell, the story is practically anime in itself!

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.

The character designs in the game are fully animu dude.

xJavonta

Banned
Bahahahahahahaha. Next Persona to take place in Jersey Shore confirmed

LIVE ACTION CUT SCENES YEAHHHH
This would be even worse haha. Japanese acting isn't for me.

I don't see why seeing a man or woman in business attire killing crazy monsters in a labyrinth of shadows is any more outlandish than seeing plucky teens in school uniforms do that same.

I don't think anyone is playing Persona for its stark realism.
In Catherine you were a 30 year old dude running around floating dungeons in your underwear.

Fully clothed can't be any more ridiculous than that

.JayZii

Banned
Whatever the team at Atlus can come up with will be fine for me I'm sure. I think I'd rather them not explore the Velvet Room and its characters too much. I feel it's one of those things that is interesting because it is mysterious. If they start over-explaining the room and its motivations, it could easily become silly and uninteresting.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
yeah man what the hell with these cutscenes and well-drawn anime bullshit. everything should just be IN GAME I DONT WANT TO WATCH A MOVIE I WANT TO PLAY A GAME SDFSFKKJSDJBAHLKJDFLKJSOIGUSIOGJSLKFJKLDSFJ

I'd like an older set of characters (18-21 must be middle aged in Japan). Although I think an office lady/man would be a more welcome party member than a robot.

And some more absolute balls to the walls weirdness/occult shit like in earlier Persona games. P3 and P4 seemed a bit mellower in that respect.

The option for a female MC.

Deeper social link system, where your responses lead to different endings.

LuuKyK

I know, I didn't like them. (the cutscenes)

See I'm fine with the pop-up characters over the text box being anime, but anime cutscenes. Just didn't like.

Why do you even play persona then? lol

I don't understand. You are mad about the main aspect of the game? x_x

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.

See I'm fine with the popuo characters over the text box being anime, but anime cutscenes. Just didn't like.

But how do they "not fit"? Granted I found that the animated cutscenes in P3 for example were not very good at all so I don't really care but they certainly "fit".

Chavelo

I just want a next-gen Persona game. On PS3 and XBOX 360.

And PC. Make that shit on PC and I will buy all the waifu body pillows of the game that you sell, Atlus. Real talk.

Undead Unicorn

Neo Member
Stop bugging him about the P4A, some genres aren't meant for some people.

Though it is an amazing game and it's a shame Mr.Wizard is such a fanboy.

BlackJace

Who the hell actually thinks Atlus is just going to drop the RPG nature of the franchise, and go strictly fighting from now on? Seriously.

It's a fighting game that happens to be canon. Don't think too deeply into that.

Fucking great game btw (P4A)

See I'm fine with the pop-up characters over the text box being anime, but anime cutscenes. Just didn't like.

Sorry to say, but there is no chance in hell you will get your wish. Persona is a series heavily tied to anime. You're essentially saying "man, I wish this anime wasn't so anime".

Chavelo

Sorry to say, but there is no chance in hell you will get your wish. Persona is a series heavily tied to anime. You're essentially saying "man, I wish this anime wasn't so anime".

I seriously think that P4 is pretty much an anime with a game mechanics tied to it. Great for the girlfriend to join and watch along.

BlackJace

Because I'm not a fan of the genre outside of a few specific games that purposely differ from the norm. Everything I've seen of P4A does not put it in that category.

Okay guys, she's given her reason. A perfectly valid one. She ain't attacking the game. Moooooove on.

ugh, so the story is canon? See, Im not a fan of fighting games, but Im willing to try it. I mean, I was doubtful of Dissidia, but I ended up really liking that game...mostly because its still Final Fantasy.

Zeal

Banned
I want an awesome dark story with amazing characters, basically what we have always been given from the best RPG series that still stays strong to its roots.

I'd also like to try a Persona that is set in the far future.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Because I'm not a fan of the genre outside of a few specific games that purposely differ from the norm. Everything I've seen of P4A does not put it in that category.

If you can find it at a cheaper price point, and are a major fan of P3 and P4, I'd still recommend picking it up for the story stuff even if you don't like the game engine or intend to touch the other modes. The story fights are ridiculously easy - you can literally mash the one-button autocombo and beat all the storyline matches that way. The character interaction moments and dialogue can't be missed if you're a big P3/P4 fan. Especially when you start hearing classic P3/P4 tracks come up.

<3 Mass Destruction

xJavonta

Banned
Why do you even play persona then? lol

I don't understand. You are mad about the main aspect of the game? x_x
Because the games are really well made with fantastic story, great characters, good design and an AMAZING battle system. Granted I've only played P3 and P4, but I just got P2: innocent Sin for my PSP and I'll be playing that soon.

I'm just not a huge fan if anime in general. It never really stuck with me. One day it may (I hated RPGs in the pat but theyre my favorite kinds of games now) but for now, me no likey.

But how do they "not fit"? Granted I found that the animated cutscenes in P3 for example, were not very good at all so I don't really care but they certainly "fit".
The artstyle didn't match most of the assets in game so it just felt out of place to me. But I'm the same type of person that hates Pre-rendered cutscenes (I've seen too many badly compressed cutscenes).

The way Atlus is going, a fighting game with ffx 12 like mechanics, no anime cutscenes and grade school characters for P5 is probably a fair bet.

At least it seems some on GAF would be happy.

Emitan

If you can find it at a cheaper price point, and are a major fan of P3 and P4, I'd still recommend picking it up for the story stuff even if you don't like the game engine or intend to touch the other modes. The story fights are ridiculously easy - you can literally mash the one-button autocombo and beat all the storyline matches that way.

I'll buy it when its $30. I want to know what happens next!

Top Bottom