• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2014 gameplay footage

aganu

It looks like a completely new game! Very impressive!

The trailer wow.

Also:

n3BUmpi.jpg
That's on current gen 0_0

Jokab

I dunno, it looks pretty much at par with FIFA. Which to me has always had better gameplay feel, so I'm not that impressed.

PaulLFC

I dunno, it looks pretty much at par with FIFA. Which to me has always had better gameplay feel, so I'm not that impressed.
Each to their own, but I'm the complete opposite. PES has always been better to play, but the animation quality has let it down. It finally, finally appears to be able to compete again. The demo will be the make or break.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
is the bar for pro evo that low that this is impressive? I had to rewatch it twice and i legitimately thought the first few posts were mocking it.

Hixx

And least it doesn't look as bad as the last half a dozen iterations.

None of us have played this game or the new FIFA yet. Both are on new engines, you have no idea how they are going to play. All you have right now is the visuals.

How can you tell him it doesn't have a better feel from watching two trailers?

L1NETT

Oh yeah. The king is back baby.

Bring back Master League and Day 1.

PES 2015 on next gen might be like the reverse 2007 and PES finally becomes better again.

Kikujiro

is the bar for pro evo that low that this is impressive? I had to rewatch it twice and i legitimately thought the first few posts were mocking it.

You mean the bar for football games? Yes, this looks way better than the football games we used to play this generation.

Jarnet87

Does look very fluid. I just hope that they really do a good job with jump to next gen. I'll probably skip it this year since I a buying a PS4, but the fox engine on first impression makes it look like it plays pretty realistically.

rvy

Banned
Having watched this and then the 6 minute PES gameplay video, I think PES is looking better and more fluid at the moment.

It looks like FIFA 13. Apparently slower paced and with more emphasis on midfield possession, according to EG.

rvy

Banned
It looks great, but why Santos though? :lol

EA has the Bundesliga license, I don't think Konami can get Dortmund. So they used Santos to show off Neymar, the problem is that between the time when the trailer was made and today, Neymar left for Barca. The demo still has Neymar in the Santos squad.

Are there any detailed gameplay write ups out yet?

Not yet, I don't think. Later today maybe.

kharma45

So...Return of the King confirmed?

No way in hell yet :lol it's the same old same old, former PES fans getting overhyped only to end up sorely disappointed. Still, it'd be nice if they did actually make the best football game this year but I'd remain very sceptical yet.

PaulLFC

I think the general match graphics have pretty much maxed out what they can do this gen so we'll have to wait until next gen for the real visual jump (not that that's the main thing I want from PES), but this:

looks incredible.

I've never quite got the "from a distance I could mistake that as being real" feeling from games yet, and in-game PES isn't there yet either, but that - I actually said "that looks real" to myself. Maybe it's just my eyesight, which is terrible.

FootballFan

That trailer at around 1.20 minutes is trying to replicate that insane goal Neymar scored.

This Goal that starts at around the 16th second of the clip.

Notice that because Neymar has moved to Barcelona, PES uses somebody else, but its that goal.

Most Marketable Athlete.

The Animations look great by the way. Hopefully the AI has also been improved even further.

rvy

Banned
That trailer at around 1.20 minutes is trying to replicate that insane goal Neymar scored.

This Goal that starts at around the 16th second of the clip.

Notice that because Neymar has moved to Barcelona, PES uses somebody else, but its that goal.

Most Marketable Athlete.

The Animations look great by the way. Hopefully the AI has also been improved even further.

Yeah, I should have pointed this out. FF speaks the truth.

adelante

I wish they would release the presentation where the gameplay came from. It seems like Masuda stops and uses replay to talk about some tech.
@OfficialPES is tweeting about a new trailer in 30 mins, I think they're high and don't realize their own YouTube page already released the E3 Trailer.

Found the gameplay with sound. Neat

Shit man. At 5:58 onwards, from the way Schweinsteiger traps and passes the ball with such calm urgency... to Ribery's dribble, the way he starts and stops... each player having realistic footplanting... compare all this to that gameplay footage of FIFA14, it's become clear that PES has not only caught up in terms of animation but they've actually exceeded it when it comes to realism.

rvy

Banned
Shit man. At 5:58 onwards, from the way Schweinsteiger traps and passes the ball with such calm urgency... to Ribery's dribble, the way he starts and stops... each player having realistic footplanting... compare all this to that gameplay footage of FIFA14, it's become clear that PES has not only caught up in terms of animation but they've actually exceeded it when it comes to realism.

Exactly how I feel. I love how the players need to take so many small touches to keep control of the ball.

gamespotpess9xan.png

bamboobimbo

Neo Member
Step a few feet back from the PES gameplay, and if there wasn't a HUD it would be almost uncanny valley territory.

Really impressed, want to see some more gameplay and a good PC demo though.

EDIT: Thanks RVY i'll be watching the stream!

Top Bottom