• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2014 gameplay footage

Sou

The lighting is some of worst I've seen at this E3. Everything seems to be flat shaded, and shadows (or the lack of shadows) makes everything look doll like. Animation has definitely been overhauled. Hats off to that.

Unfortunately in motion everything is way too exaggerated at the moment, it's as if every little movement the player will do something dramatic, as if they are afraid you'd miss the visual cue that something is happening. It could just be the guy playing showing off the feints.

AI seems to still need work, but ball movement looks really good, and the game seems to be going in the right direction overall, so it is back on my radar after the abysmal initial showing. Goalie animation still seems to be crap so far, hopefully they will fix it by the second inevitable patch we'll be getting.

ShogunX

The king has returned!....Not really. PES will continue to play second fiddle to Fifa as long as Fifa has all of the licenses, pro clubs and ultimate team.

Looks great! Shit, I don't know what to do - wanted it on Vita or PS4 ideally. Might have to just go for the PS3 version, although I know I won't have the time to dedicate to it this Q4.

Menelaus

Banned
Current gen
No clubs I care about
No online virtual clubs

She's the pretty girl that has severe daddy issues. Won't be touching with a 10ft pole.

k0ji-wd

jUrenZT.jpg

Raargh!

rvy

Banned
I assume he means his supported club isn't licensed, which can be solved in about 5 minutes by downloading an option file.

Pretty much. The community fixes EA's deep pockets that lock-down licenses. And because of the new engine, the new Edit Mode is going to be a helluva lot more advanced.
I'd be surprised if Konami doesn't have a way to share Option Files in the game itself. You know, kinda like those WWE games where you can download storylines and created wrestlers.

Whoa, the animation is a huuuuuuge step up from last year's PES. I hope Steam releases this new game at the same time as the console releases.

Menelaus

Banned
I assume he means his supported club isn't licensed, which can be solved in about 5 minutes by downloading an option file.

Yes, I'm talking about licensed clubs.

So do these option files also correctly change the fan colors, logos, and kits?

rvy

Banned
Yes, I'm talking about licensed clubs.

So do these option files also correctly change the fan colors, logos, and kits?

Yes.

Daymos+OPE+V2+PES+2013+option+file.png

They even bother to change the league icons. You can actually see it in the players kits. The Barclay's PL logo is there.

rvy

Banned
Is this something that's possible on consoles, or just PC?

Consoles too. Both of them these days. PC players can use both patches and Option Files.
You download the Option File, extract the files to a USB stick, plug it in your console and copy them. That's all.

Into

...What? What is this sorcery?

This game is only coming to current gen systems? How did they manage to make it look like...real football? I mean it looks like televised games almost

feel

Wish that had been something more than the bored producer trying to dribble his way through the cpu team the whole time. Some animations are still looking slow and overly complicated for what should be simple and fast movements. But looking nice, can't wait for the demo to see how it feels.

Rashid

Banned
I really wish they made this only on next gen. It was the perfect opportunity for them to take a stab at the FIFA dominance especially in the UK where it's got the entire market. Right now the dominance of FIFA has meant that it's stagnated in innovation every year. PES used to be soooo good.

adelante

It just hit me that they've included animations that depict composed/casual "pace" quite well. In previous PES or FIFAs, the way players move always looked like they're constantly under pressure. But here you actually see them casually delivering a pass and jogging a few steps forward all in a straight posture, or doing so without first swinging their legs far back. It's a nice touch that goes a long way in making the game feel and look damn realistic.

awww i missed it :(

Can't you hit the live stream link and rewind all the back. That's what I've been doing for some games when I suddenly find myself too busy

feel

The king has returned!....Not really. PES will continue to play second fiddle to Fifa as long as Fifa has all of the licenses, pro clubs and ultimate team.
Just like when I was a kid playing the first PES games or even iss pros, I won't mind playing the less popular game if that's where the gameplay's at.

ShogunX

Just like when I was a kid playing the first PES games or even iss pros, I won't mind playing the less popular game if that's where the gameplay's at.

I grew up on ISS myself and would never touch and Fifa games but the last few Pro Evo games I have picked up they have been pretty disappointing. Back when PES was still king we had a group of about 15 players who would do regular meet up tournaments - Currently about one of those people still play the PES series.

The game seems to of lost a lot mind share.

rvy

Banned
I grew up on ISS myself and would never touch and Fifa games but the last few Pro Evo games I have picked up they have been pretty disappointing. Back when PES was still king we had a group of about 15 players who would do regular meet up tournaments - Currently about one of those people still play the PES series.

The game seems to of lost a lot mind share.

Rightfully so, PES has sucked since 2009.

Top Bottom