• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 NEW offscreen PS4 footage.

Blablurn

The footage is so bad it could be the PS3 version of PES 2008 and you'd never know it.

Based PES 2008

Ql4QenW.jpg

ragon

I think seabass is leaved PES team since PES 2014
but any way this video looks promising even i still hate the kick indicator thing which makes me could not play this game any more

Bumhead

Banned
PES6 is the best football game ever made.

Can't watch the video at work but these "looks like PES6" posts have got me giddy.

Jarnet87

Winning Eleven 8 or 9 was the last one I bought. I've moved on to FIFA but there a lot of things I think WE/PES does better. the passing and runs players make look and feel more realistic.

the_champ

Banned
I was a PES fan from 1997 (Goal Storm 97) to 2005. I cant believe that still there are people claiming this game to be "God" or "King". Bs. This franchise was absolutely ruined during entire previous generation. No faith at all.

the_champ

Banned
PES6 is the best football game ever made.

Can't watch the video at work but these "looks like PES6" posts have got me giddy.

It WAS the best football game. And for a long time. Seriously talking, there is no way to compare PES6 to any FIFA from 2009 to 2014. And im not referring just to visuals.

Yagharek

Play FIFA every year and my account has never been hacked because i have a strong password and all the 2 factor authentication on all my accounts. Plus i don't put my details in shitty sites. Everyone that gets hacked either tries the free FIFA points site or has shit passwords/security.

False. I know people who are in neither category and still got robbed.

Patriots7

I've always heard that WE used to be the bees knees and wanted to give it a try, but I'm lazy.

When did it stop being the king and why?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This video and no amount of previews will tell me if this is gonna be another clusterfuck of a launch again.

Because of that, I will wait.

I'm a traditional PES fan but I think I'm gonna skip this year unless Konami fix the woeful online issues. In today's day and age, they have no excuse for why it is the way it is.

Goteki_45

After seeing the footage, is it me or are the infamous basketball shorts from PES 2009 making a return?

hope I'm wrong

Mik2121

Did I dream it or weren't they supposed to be using the Fox Engine for the next PES too?
I'd expect the lighting to be quite good, but this footage is not good enough to tell the difference.

Pachimari

I've always heard that WE used to be the bees knees and wanted to give it a try, but I'm lazy.

At PES 6. It just wasn't the same on next gen.

I rank them this way:

1. Winning Eleven 9 (PES5)
1. Winning Eleven 10 (PES6)
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 3
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 4
4. Pro Evolution Soccer
5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2

Honestly I don't remember PES6 that much.

And then came PES2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

0wing

At PES 6. It just wasn't the same on next gen.

I rank them this way:

1. Winning Eleven 9 (PES4)
1. Winning Eleven 10 (PES5)
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 3
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 6
4. Pro Evolution Soccer
5. Pro Evolution Soccer 2

Honestly I don't remember PES6 that much.

And then came PES2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

WE 9 = PES 5.

Datschge

Those who want to play a continuation of the PES4/5/6 line but also want 360° control should check out PES 2011 or newer on the Wii.

sohois

PES 6 is considered to be the final 'great' one. After that they switched to years, and the first was PES 2008. Though 6 was on the 360, 2008 was the first proper next-gen version, and it was utterly abysmal.

There was zero effort for the new generation, no new features and terrible graphics. The gameplay had regressed badly, terrible feel and controls. Infamously awful soundtrack as well. It would be a good contender for one of the worst sports games of all time.

2009 I didn't play, that was the point at which most people switched to FIFA. From the demo, it seemed like Konami had just tried to undo all the damage of 2008, with mixed results.

I went back for 2010. I often find it strange to see so many people calling for "PES 6 in HD", since that was exactly what 2010 was. A really great game actually, played just like the classic versions with fantastic presentation and good graphics (though I believe online was still poor). This game has very much lead me to believe that the pining for the a remake of the older games is much more nostalgia and confirmation bias than a rational analysis of the games' quality. By this time the tech of FIFA had really left the older PES games in the dust, there were simply much better animations, ball physics, AI and features that neither PES6 nor 2010 could match.

2011 marked the first real shift in the game towards a proper next gen version. A lot of the gameplay was revamped with many of the innovations of FIFA introduced. I remember playing the demo for this and being absolutely blown away, it played incredibly. Then the full game came out and it had regressed big time, still good but not the same (this seems to happen every time since then, with the demos being very impressive and the full game not being nearly as good. Very strange). 2011 ended up as a good first try, but with many problems needing refinement.

2012 was very much a case of one step forward, two steps back. For every issue that was resolved another would pop up somewhere else. Frustrating to see a good game still struggling to get out.

Didn't play 2013 due to the nearness of our current gen, most remaining fans of PES seem to be quite impressed with it however.

2014, the previous version, wasn't a PS4/Xb1 game but did mark an 'official' change to a new engine - though as mentioned, it had really been changed hugely in 2011. This was another that had a very, very good demo but was a let down in the full game. However, the problem here was not changes to the gameplay but quite simply an incredibly lazy effort from Konami. They just forgot to add the game to the demo. A stunning lack of content, with stuff that had been in since PES5 just plain absent. Both Master League and Be a Legend mode were super bare, whilst I heard the online was basically a Beta for months. Gameplay wise it was quite impressive albeit with a few glaring and annoying flaws.

I think that Konami simply bit off more than they could chew with 2014, the switch to the new engine just being too strenuous to properly do in the yearly sports cycle. However, it has left me very hopeful for 2015, since the extra time should allow them to properly get to grips with the new engine. We shall see, main worry is the extra versions dragging them down.

So there's your surprisingly indepth guide to the previous generation of PES titles.

I will give PES 2015 a shot. I've enjoyed PES 2014, most fun I've had with a football game since FIFA 08/Euro 08. Still not as much fun as some of the older PES games though.

Top Bottom