• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie appreciation thread.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
He had a online ecosystem that was making him millions.
And then you know, Youtube changed its policy. Even a guy like PDP couldn't stop that. Seems a bit silly to blame him for something he didn't even do. Something you would know if you actually were interested instead of projecting.

So first that is a little bit of white privilege to not realize how lucky you are.
Not like PDP hasn't said a dozen times already that he is very aware of his position and how lucky he is. Something you would know if you actually were interested instead of projecting.

Then you are going to throw it all away because you can't avoid using the N-word.
Which has what, done twice and it has been over a year ago, but yes, keep on holding it against him when since he addressed taking measurements to avoid doing this, he actually avoided doing it ever since. He still brings this up as a reminder for himself from time to time in his video's, which means he took his lessons from it and is now incorporating it as an example of how not to do things. Something you would know if you actually were interested instead of projecting.

Rarely do i come across a view that i not only disagree with, but is also profoundly naive on an aggressive level. I have seen posters make naive statements, but not out of malice and that's fine. Nobody knows everything. But this is being angry at a guy without wanting to see the rest of the picture.

Honestly, what kind of post is this?

That was a live stream that was never broadcast on YouTube just FYI. Also he apologized sincerely. I'm willing to forgive him for saying a bad word one time while gaming. I mean another VERY successful Twitch streamer said the same thing (see Ninja). Yet he (the guy that is the top google result above actual ninjas) is on late night talk shows and has deals with HP and samsung. People choose these targets, its pretty obvious. Pewds is the biggest target on YouTube.
He has done it twice however but i just find it rather petty to still use this argument when the burden was accepted and people have moved on. To me it implies you don't really follow his content, yet you still feel compelled to criticize the man on what are now outdated grounds.

Redneckerz

This is epic. Surprised no one except TrainedRage TrainedRage & Orpheum Orpheum has said anything about it.

I loved how Ben Shapiro actually hosted half of this stuff, after PDP tried to make Shapiro a meme, so it was great.

Its often the more unexpected and bizarre shit that gets me though. A shitty take on the E meme with Mini Me or a Wheezing compilation of Pewds.

I don't like watching him, but in the vein of an appreciation thread, I guess I can respect his hustle. Anyone who says these You Tube celebrities don't work, aren't paying attention.

Redneckerz

Oblivion memes. Seriously those are among the better ones on the web. This was a good video.

Redneckerz

I love when they do the real life clips, like the one with the guy who falls into the pool. So damn funny!
Its very good :)

Now that T-Series has surpassed Pw, i reckon we will see a response soon. In the mean time, ill be reposting this which shows the person behind the character Pewds.

Typhares

It's funny how I used to dislike him when the only image I had was of high pitch 'PEWDIEPIIIIIIIIIE'. I'm glad I gave him another go because I enjoy most of his content now.

Redneckerz

Live streaming for charity....

Well... this is awesome again^^

Obviously he just covering his hiney when T-Series will finish him.

''Yeah... but can T-Series do a charity? Don't think so! Checkmate libtards!''

In all seriousness, its stuff like this that balances things out. :)

thief183

Obviously he just covering his hiney when T-Series will finish him.

''Yeah... but can T-Series do a charity? Don't think so! Checkmate libtards!''

In all seriousness, its stuff like this that balances things out. :)

Obviousely he is not a stupid, he knows that this will pay out for him too, but damn... in 3 hours he took 166k and gave it away, and you can see how honest he is about all this.... I think he is a great person.

Helios

I still don't understand why journalists hate him so much. This one in particular is ridiculous.
Dt6KU6pWsAAC-c8.jpg

JimmyJones

Banned
Pewdiepie is at his best when he's being straight up absurd.

The first minute of this made me laugh my ass off.

This one also got a laugh out of me

I need to reconsider my life choices.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned

Straight Men Have Too Much Time On Their Hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special Apperance from Jordan Peterson

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned

Well looks like Pewds is a Nazi again... :messenger_neutral:
He promoted 28 smaller YT channels because of all his exposure recently.
One of them had hidden references to Nazis. Now people are losing their shit again.
Hire a team to vet every everything I watch, link or say if old.

Edit: Congrats on 76 million!

Last edited:

Gastone

Wow, after browsing "that other forum" for a while today and seeing all the insane pewdie hate, i'm glad to stumble upon this thread. I've been a fan of Pewdie for years, and i'm not even his target audience i suppose. I'm 41 years old, and i find a lot of his content ballbustingly hilarious. I think people calling him a nazi is pretty moronic.

G-Bus

Banned
Can't say I pay attention to a single YouTube personality.

Don't care for this guy and I find the videos you posted incredibly obnoxious and I'm dumb founded how you think this can appeal to an older audience. Then again I'm not sure what you mean by older.

To each there own and all that.

TrainedRage

Banned
Can't say I pay attention to a single YouTube personality.

Don't care for this guy and I find the videos you posted incredibly obnoxious and I'm dumb founded how you think this can appeal to an older audience. Then again I'm not sure what you mean by older.

To each there own and all that.
Im 9 years old.

One of them had hidden references to Nazis. Now people are losing their shit again.

It looks like the people who are getting on about PDP are butthurt Steven Universe fans mad that E;R compared some of their characters to Nazis.

nkarafo

I like how they are trying to find the most obscure little detail in order to make someone look bad. And then they believe it themselves.

And what did they expect him to do? Watch every single video in their entirety from all 28 channels?

"Hey look, in the 127th video in the 23th channel he recommended, at 12:44, someone said the n-word. Pew is a racist c-word"

Orpheum

Wow, after browsing "that other forum" for a while today and seeing all the insane pewdie hate, i'm glad to stumble upon this thread. I've been a fan of Pewdie for years, and i'm not even his target audience i suppose. I'm 41 years old, and i find a lot of his content ballbustingly hilarious. I think people calling him a nazi is pretty moronic.

Absolutely, his content is nice to watch after work. And of course he is a target for all sorts of shit, considering his channels' size. t's nice to see it doesn't get to him too much, people are out of their minds

royox

I watch his daily video every day while I'm eating breakfast before going to my work. It's usually a hit-or-miss with his videos but at least it's always entertaining and the 10-15 min duration is perfect for me. The "9 years old audience" stuff has been always a meme, I'm 31 :) (shit I'm getting old)

Xiaoki

So, someone that translates and subtitles Hitler's speeches and wants all Jews removed from Hollywood because they are the "biggest threat to humanity's continued survival" are hidden references?

Yeah ...... hidden.

Also, it's funny that you suggest he get a team of people to vet his videos for stuff like this.
Why would someone who's supposedly not racist or anti-Semitic need a whole team of people to prevent him from saying or doing anything racist or anti-Semitic.

thief183

So, someone that translates and subtitles Hitler's speeches and wants all Jews removed from Hollywood because they are the "biggest threat to humanity's continued survival" are hidden references?

Yeah ...... hidden.

Also, it's funny that you suggest he get a team of people to vet his videos for stuff like this.
Why would someone who's supposedly not racist or anti-Semitic need a whole team of people to prevent him from saying or doing anything racist or anti-Semitic.

Btw, the channel was not the one he talked about but a second channel of the same person that he didn't know about. It is a little bit different

What's wrong with this guy?

The wokeness and made up shit maliciously targeting others is off the charts. Seems like a really vindictive, bad natured person.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

The wokeness and made up shit maliciously targeting others is off the charts.
Anticipating a blowup over some hate crimes or sexual harassment charges, as is usually the case for these ideologues. The volume of their screeching is in proportion with their internal sense of guilt.

Helios

The wokeness and made up shit maliciously targeting others is off the charts. Seems like a really vindictive, bad natured person.

People dug through his old twitter posts and found a lot of not so PC-friendly stuff. He thought he was going to get lauded for virtue-signaling but now he pissed off the crazies too.

brap

Banned

He's a cuck. Fiancee left him at the altar on his wedding day to fuck some other guy and he's still friends with her.

TrainedRage

Banned
He's a cuck. Fiancee left him at the altar on his wedding day to fuck some other guy and he's still friends with her.
Lol I look forward to hearing his story on PewNews!

Yeah ...... hidden.

Have you watched any of Pewds videos? Like an entire video? .... Just one?

Last edited:

If this is true, then it explains everything. The mindset of somebody as feeble as that gravitates naturally toward extreme virtue signalling.

Top Bottom