• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie appreciation thread.

-Arcadia-

Banned
You know, for a procedurally generated block game, Pewds and Minecraft together are more epic than I ever imagined.

It was genuinely hard not to get a little emotional at the end, and quite a few other moments along the way. This thing is way, way more memorable and special than it has any right to be.

He deserves everything awesome that happened to him this week. A fantastic entertainer, and in a age of fake people everywhere, down to earth, real, and gracious.

-Arcadia-

Banned
(Edit: Whoops! Sorry, Brap, I didn’t see your comment)

Also, looks like YouTube/Pewdiepie War is over at long last? Every video is monetized with a ton of ad spots, and now this.

Not a fan, but this was cool of them to do. Apparently, T-Series never got a video like this.

Last edited:

SaniOYOYOY

grats on the 100m subs pdp!!

(Edit: Whoops! Sorry, Brap, I didn’t see your comment)

Also, looks like YouTube/Pewdiepie War is over at long last? Every video is monetized with a ton of ad spots, and now this.

Not a fan, but this was cool of them to do. Apparently, T-Series never got a video like this.

probably due to him back to minecraft.

TrainedRage

Banned

So great to see. Im glad he had a great time.

*He plays VR in a pool! What an absolute mad lad!!!!

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m discovering his older RE7 playthrough and :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

I enjoyed watching the first two episodes, but the third episode, wherein a Swedish man is rapidly approaching mental breakdown, had me laughing all the way through.

Maybe it helps that I’m playing RE2 Remake right now, and understand all too well how brutal these new games are with the never-ending tension/scares.

Generic

GOAT

Donates 50k to a corp that smeared him as an anti-Semite.
*chef kiss*
Gottem

Not really surprising, his whole "redpill" phase was just a way to create controversy and generate clicks. He was never genuine about it.

R.I.P. Pewdiepie. Another one bites the dust.

It seriously seems like he just bought his way back into youtubes good graces by paying the requisite toll. Expect a visible change in content. No more edgy pewdiepie. If that happens, we will have confirmation it was all an act.

Also Marzias veganism seems outright militant. I don't think that will be healthy if they decide to have a kid. Child might be starved to death.

Last edited:

thief183

The donation can be seen in 2 ways, or it is a a huge middle finger (50k for him is nothing), or something bigger is going on. I don't think is getting blackmailed but it really is strange, even th eediting of the video is really strange wuth the super sad face not fading away.

Generic

The donation can be seen in 2 ways, or it is a a huge middle finger (50k for him is nothing), or something bigger is going on. I don't think is getting blackmailed but it really is strange, even th eediting of the video is really strange wuth the super sad face not fading away.

He hasn't been edgy in a long time. He's a pussy whipped soyboy.
Happened with another swedish e-celeb as well.

EC2NpoXW4AEGkk0

EC2NpoXWsAEnrMJ

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Looks like comments are being censored on his newest video? The comments defaulted to newest first instead of top comments like on all other vids then I go to top comments and it's people spamming the same thing.
Anti defamation league is blackmailing pewdiepie?

NUlMloC.png

brap

Banned
The ADL is one of youtube's trusted flaggers.

This is starting to make sense. People were being mass banned from r/pewdiepiesubmissions for mentioning the ADL thing. The mod gives retarded reasons in the sticky. 4chan is trying to rile people up? That's not a fact. Some shitty screenshots made by a handful of people isn't 4chan. There's like 10 posts here made by 8 or 9 different ip's. It's nothing. Everything that mod says is fishy. Also I would say he IS affiliated with the ADL since he is a youtuber and the ADL is one of their trusted flaggers.

4uIOtMv.png

I wonder if he ever saw this tweet

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Also I just watched the 100 mil video and why is he so low energy? It feels so fake and scripted. He didn't seem happy at all. It was like somebody had a gun pointed to his head off camera.
And what the fuck is up with that Lords Mobile ad? I remember him saying he only did ads for things he believed in not shitty mobile games advertised with fake gameplay.

Here's a good reddit post basically summing up my thoughts

rgLRkiW.png

HEY GUYS TRY OUT HONEY and I just donated 50k to the ADL please don't notice

oh boy doesn't look like that mod is trustworthy at all

4Js2QK9.png

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
This really upsets me:

1: I hope Pewds isn’t being blackmailed in any way
2: It’s disappointing to see one of us turn around and help the literal enemy
3: This whole thing feels as creepy af

I’m just going off what I know for sure, and that’s that Pewds made the donation, and also some comments about moving past things. I’m not going to turn against someone I’ve enjoyed so much, but I feel really disappointed in this turn of events.

You can be popular, or you can stand for something, and the world really needs the latter, feeling like it’s on a precipice. I always thought Pewdiepie was the latter kind of guy.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Ok. I feel like there could've been a better charity instead of one that tries to censor people. Also doesn't explain why he was acting so weird in the video.

PSlayer

Honestly I think Felix is simply tired of all the hate surrounding him and just want to make money for now on. His shift from shitposting to minecraft is already a good sign of that.

And i can't judge him! He is almost 30,married and spent the last 10 years making videos almost every day. Also, in the last two years he had to deal with a lot of negativity, restricted monetization,lost parterships and even got his name attached to a fucking mass shooting.

It's all so tiresome.

He said in one of his recent videos that monetization is finally good and i can understand if he just want to play the game and not be a martyr anymore.

Birdo

Banned
The success of his Minecraft revival turned him a generic kiddie let's play channel (With big revenue). Can't really blame him for trying to clean his image.

But I really miss his "don't care anymore" phase. It was so much more entertaining.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It was so good to see Pew News back, only to see it end. : P

He makes a good point, but I never wanted Pew News to be about random YouTube celeb drama. It became that. It was way more fun when he was taking on the mainstream media, or whatever stupid craziness popped up, usually related to woke bullshit.

Like the first part of this video. Pewds has a knack for ripping apart their stupidity, but keeping a video light and funny.

-Arcadia-

Banned
So what's he gonna do all the time now? Less vids? More gameplay? Meme vids everyday?

Minecraft. :messenger_neutral:

Far be it from me to stop the dude from having fun, and making major bank off of it (best situation you could be in) but it got old, for me, by the 30th video. The reason why I’d upvote and enjoy those initial videos so much, is because I was enjoying seeing Pewds play and discover games. Not. Just. Minecraft.

At least I still really enjoy the meme videos.

TrainedRage

Banned
So what's he gonna do all the time now? Less vids? More gameplay? Meme vids everyday?
Brap, honestly how long have you watched Pewds channel?

YouTube is his life.

He may not show it but he cares about all this stuff. He takes it personal.

He got involved in the James Charles stuff and became friends with him because of it. Most of his friends have YT channels. Back in 2016 he was doing vlog daily videos. Where he would literally do a Logan Paul style video. Where he was usually drunk and messing around getting in trouble etc. Way back when he started he did ONLY gameplay/commentary videos. Because that's what he liked to do. That is what he is doing again now. Most of his older fans love his gaming videos.

However, there was a very fun 'edgy' Pewds time. He gained A lot of subscribers for being pretty outrageous. And I feel like that sort time of his YT career defined him to most people.

He will continue to do what HE wants to do. And it will be great. From Milk Reviews to BeastMaster69 to Playing games to getting fired from Disney. Its just a look at his life.

TrainedRage

Banned
Minecraft. :messenger_neutral:

Far be it from me to stop the dude from having fun, and making major bank off of it (best situation you could be in) but it got old, for me, by the 30th video. The reason why I’d upvote and enjoy those initial videos so much, is because I was enjoying seeing Pewds play and discover games. Not. Just. Minecraft.

At least I still really enjoy the meme videos.

He will move on. I mean he just really likes playing Minecraft. It was one of those games he avoided until just recently. And as I watched him it made me remember playing Minecraft when it was in an 'early access' state. So I kinda replayed it along with him. I think most of his fans like these 'gaming' videos. He honestly had a very long time before this where he didn't play any games. People were all "When will he play games again"!!!! So its just this funny cycle to me.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Not a fan of pulling ‘No True Scotsman’ on Brap, but I do think that he should do what he wants. That makes the best content, and I like Pewds so much, I just want him to be happy. Especially with all the crap he got put through these last few years.

I just hope for my greedy sake, that that involves some other games (Man of Medan was pretty cool), and his whip-smart and funny social commentary.

brap

Banned
Brap, honestly how long have you watched Pewds channel?

YouTube is his life.

He may not show it but he cares about all this stuff. He takes it personal.

He got involved in the James Charles stuff and became friends with him because of it. Most of his friends have YT channels. Back in 2016 he was doing vlog daily videos. Where he would literally do a Logan Paul style video. Where he was usually drunk and messing around getting in trouble etc. Way back when he started he did ONLY gameplay/commentary videos. Because that's what he liked to do. That is what he is doing again now. Most of his older fans love his gaming videos.

However, there was a very fun 'edgy' Pewds time. He gained A lot of subscribers for being pretty outrageous. And I feel like that sort time of his YT career defined him to most people.

He will continue to do what HE wants to do. And it will be great. From Milk Reviews to BeastMaster69 to Playing games to getting fired from Disney. Its just a look at his life.
It was a genuine question. I'll watch the video later but lately it just seems like games and meme videos. No book reviews, no dumb videos like making food or whiskey reviews. It's monotonous.

TrainedRage

Banned
Not a fan of pulling ‘No True Scotsman’ on Brap, but I do think that he should do what he wants. That makes the best content, and I like Pewds so much, I just want him to be happy. Especially with all the crap he got put through these last few years.

I just hope for my greedy sake, that that involves some other games (Man of Medan was pretty cool), and his whip-smart and funny social commentary.
Oh trust me brap brap can take it.

brap

Banned
So now that he's in japan is this it? I thought he was quitting when he finally has enough money to be free.

Top Bottom