• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie defends Polish politician who believes women are less intelligent than men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wvrs

A Polish guy I work with was telling me about this guy and trying to advocate on his behalf. From what I could extrapolate his argument was that if women earned less, it was because they had less worth as free agents in the financial market due to things like maternity leave, not going for top jobs, etc. I disagreed and tried to set him straight, but I'm afraid he's very typical of your average Polish, right-wing youth.

Oh yeah, I agree. I should have left out the "try to", didn't want to imply he won't be successful with it.

Speaking of, there's a new video on the Game Theory channel also pointing out how his "jokes" were "ill-recieved" by the "media", or an "attack on Pewdiepie". "Pewdiepie.. is Pewdiepie, you know", just "a target" because he is so big.

I'm sure that won't change, Youtube creators keep disappointing.

Ugh I always hated Game Theory. Glad to know I was right in doing so

And thus an entire generation of children were ruined.

Maybe I should try my hand at this whole "skirting the line with right wing politics". It's apparently lucrative enough to make you drop video games and supporting victims of abuse. Although I don't know much a bunch of white dudes are going to take to a bisexual black/spanish guy.

Jombie

And thus an entire generation of children were ruined.

Maybe I should try my hand at this whole "skirting the line with right wing politics". It's apparently lucrative enough to make you drop video games and supporting victims of abuse. Although I don't know much a bunch of white dudes are going to take to a bisexual black/spanish guy.

As long as you hate yourself. Worked for Milo.

Fercho

Not surprising, PewDiePie has been confirmed to be a deplorable piece of shit way before than this.

Really disappointed in game theory, unsubscribing now.

So he actually started following Alex Jones to talk to him. He is following and talking to Lauren Southern and that Keemstar dude. The people you surround yourself with tell a whole lot about you. Amazing.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
But that video was not from Matpat....

the Game Theory channel needs a bigger disclaimer that multiple channels are using it for their stuff.
What's the difference really, it's his channel so it's got his blessing. He's supporting and enabling whoever uploads videos in the channel's name, doesn't he?

As long as you hate yourself. Worked for Milo.

I'm already halfway there! I don't have to be romantically attracted to children do I? I think I can pull off sexist remarks and white genocide speeches pretty well, but I do have to draw the ironic line somewhere.

L Thammy

So he actually started following Alex Jones to talk to him. He is following and talking to Lauren Southern and that Keemstar dude. The people you surround yourself with tell a whole lot about you. Amazing.

giphyz1ue1.gif

Nanashrew

Banned
I'm just not even phased by this. Him just getting worse and worse was just inevitable. He's garbage and needs to be taken out with the rest of the trash.

ISOM

this is so spot on.

like, he COULD just be a genius troll [trolling both sides], but that still wouldn't forgive his actions.

i mean, i watch a lot of PDP videos, then inevitably take breaks when he fucks up like this because.... WTF PEWDS.

How is he trolling both sides when he panders to the alt-right? Has he made any videos making fun of them? I personally don't think so but I don't follow this douche either.

Makes all of the people who defended Pewds look dumb.

I was simply an observer of that WSJ incident, but after the whole thing was over I thought there was a chance for PewDiePie to get away from all of that and just focus on what made his channel so popular in the first place.

So much for that, though.

L Thammy

He talks to Ian Miles Cheong, too.

Wow.

Can someone give me a little more details on who Ian Miles Cheong is? I googled, but the websites I see immediately are 4chan/Gamergate stuff, so no thanks.

Unless I'm getting confused, wasn't the guy who made a bunch of dumb edgelord Nazi comments when he was a kid, then became a feminist when he grew up and Gamergate people continued to hold it against him? And then I look at his Twitter, and, uh. Doesn't seem to match.

So I'm not sure if I'm remember wrong or if something bizarre happened.

I was simply an observer of that WSJ incident, but after the whole thing was over I thought there was a chance for PewDiePie to get away from all of that and just focus on what made his channel so popular in the first place.

So much for that, though.

Rape jokes?

Nanashrew

Banned

Also 🐜

Can someone give me a little more details on who Ian Miles Cheong is? I googled, but the websites I see immediately are 4chan/Gamergate stuff, so no thanks.

Unless I'm getting confused, wasn't the guy who made a bunch of dumb edgelord Nazi comments when he was a kid, then became a feminist when he grew up and Gamergate people continued to hold it against him? And then I look at his Twitter, and, uh. Doesn't seem to match.

He used to be anti-GamerGate but now a GamerGater and just became someone I don't even recognize anymore. I knew him for at least a couple of years before GameGate even became a thing so yeah. I don't even want to be associated with him.

Salmonax

Serious question. I don't watch any of his stuff just know the name.

This guy is a streamer / vlogger right?
Does let's plays and stuff.

Isn't his audience like 8-18 mostly?
Why is he even talking about this to kids?

In case it isn’t abundantly clear from his actions to date, he doesn’t seem to be especially bright. Very charismatic... not bright.

Famassu

Even if the reason why women still earn less is that they just "choose" worse paying jobs & other things, there are reasons behind those too. Women don't just inherently flock to worse paying jobs/positions. -_-;

IMC was anti-GG and visibly so and then one day Anita criticized Witcher 3 and he decided you know what she's a bitch and Gamergate was right and pulled a 180 just like that... It was the most pathetic thing in the world

Now he writes for low rent Breitbart: Heat Street.

L Thammy

IMC was anti-GG and visiblt so and then one day Anita criticized Witcher 3 and he decided you know what she's a bitch and Gamergate was right and pulled a 180 just like that... It was the most pathetic thing in the world

Is that seriously what caused him to flip? What the flying fuck. That has to be a joke.

A feminist woman gave negative coverage of some aspect of a game that he liked. I think it was a game in the Dragon Age series, and the woman in question might have been Anita Sarkeesian. Regardless of the specifics, he's fucking pathetic.

Edit: Ah, yes, The Witcher 3. That's it.

Nanashrew

Banned
IMC was anti-GG and visiblt so and then one day Anita criticized Witcher 3 and he decided you know what she's a bitch and Gamergate was right and pulled a 180 just like that... It was the most pathetic thing in the world

He now also contributes for The Sun as well.

L Thammy

Someone please say something bad about EarthBound now. I want to see if I flip out and sprint across the political spectrum.

Also, give me millions of dollars so I can see if Alex Jones becomes more coherent.

I feel like I'm living on the fucking moon right now.

Is that seriously what caused him to flip? What the flying fuck. That has to be a joke.

Nope no joke

Literally he changed his entire worldview because Anita (and possibly a few other) criticized his favorite video game

One day he was anti-GG and then folks critiqued The Witcher 3 and he all of a sudden he was apologizing to GG and became the worst of the worst of them almost over night.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Nope no joke

Literally he changed his entire worldview because Anita (and possibly a few other) criticized his favorite video game

One day he was anti-GG and then folks critiqued The Witcher 3 and he all of a sudden he was apologizing to GG and became the worst of the worst of them almost over night.

It was probably just an excuse so he could chase that alt-right $$$

Someone please say something bad about EarthBound now. I want to see if I flip out and sprint across the political spectrum.

Also, give me millions of dollars so I can see if Alex Jones becomes more coherent.

I feel like I'm living on the fucking moon right now.

Jim Fucking Sterling Son made me so angry with review of BOTW I was about to buy a ethics in videogame journalism t-shirt . . . lol . Seriously who changes their political view on something as silly as criticism of a fucking video game how much of a man child do you have to be.

IMC was anti-GG and visibly so and then one day Anita criticized Witcher 3 and he decided you know what she's a bitch and Gamergate was right and pulled a 180 just like that... It was the most pathetic thing in the world

Wait, is that really what made that dude lose it? I never really followed who the top GG people were, but would always see people shitting on that dude. What terrible person.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nope no joke

Come on, that's a TLDR version, that's paraphrasing or something. He can't have turned because of ONE game.

And like, a game that came out 2 years ago? He's been like this for only 2 years? I've never heard of him before that so I thought he was always like this.

WHAT.

L Thammy

Come on, that's a TLDR version, that's paraphrasing or something. He can't have turned because of ONE game.

And like, a game that came out 2 years ago? He's been like this for only 2 years? I've never heard of him before that so I thought he was always like this.

WHAT.

I never really followed him directly, but I remember Gamergaters used to hate him. Milo would post a whole bunch of HEY EVERYBODY IAN MILES CHEONG IS A NAZI on Twitter (while buddying up with actual Neo-Nazis elsewhere). I hadn't heard about him changing sides, though, so I only randomly encountered people suddenly talking about him in a different context and have been confused since.

EDIT:
Here's what I was familiar with:

EDIT 2:
And this is the fucking Twilight Zone episode I found today.

Wait, is that really what made that dude lose it? I never really followed who the top GG people were, but would always see people shitting on that dude. What terrible person.

WHAT.

Nah it was basically that. It's been a while but I distinctively remember him just losing shit because how dare anyone criticize The Witcher 3.

And yeah he flipped in 2015.

Though what it probably also was is money. His site was faltering and alt-righters are gools who part easily with their money.

He just flipped one day apologized to GG became one of them and has only gotten worse since. It was completely out of nowhere and it was incredibly pathetic.

Jim Fucking Sterling Son made me so angry with review of BOTW I was about to buy a ethics in videogame journalism t-shirt . . . lol . Seriously who changes their political view on something as silly as criticism of a fucking video game how much of a man child do you have to be.

That's nothing.

Jim gave Vanquish a 5/10

Now we all alt right

Tommy DJ

WHAT.

People melted down in NeoGAF's gaming forum when people tried to point out that The Witcher series has some pretty bogus combat. The same people always struggle to accept that there may be a problem with their favourite game of all time.

Now imagine if someone as polarising as Anita started saying that The Witcher series has some pretty bad writing and a lot of its romance options were horribly sexist and actually nonsensical. It won't cause someone to flip but it will make some people irrationally angry to the point that they try and find like-minded individuals who agree with their opinions. We're seeing it with Youtube Superstars like PewDiePie himself, people who always seem to end up in the alt-right crowd after getting slammed by people who don't tolerate their casual racism or their refusal to apologise for their awful opinions.

Mael

Nah it was basically that. It's been a while but I distinctively remember him just losing shit because how dare anyone criticize The Witcher 3.

And yeah he flipped in 2015.

Though what it probably also was is money. His site was faltering and alt-righters are gools who part easily with their money.

He just flipped one day apologized to GG became one of them and has only gotten worse since. It was completely out of nowhere and it was incredibly pathetic.

Always funny to see the altright is always so full of sellouts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom