• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie defends Polish politician who believes women are less intelligent than men

Status
Not open for further replies.

OraleeWey

I uhmm... I don't understand? I watched the entire 15 minute video and all PDP did was recite studies and WHY women are getting paid less not that they SHOULD get paid less...

Are you guys not watching the video or what?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not surprised :/ One can only hope he crosses a line that he can't take back by "I'm joking hurr" and that's it, but yeah, not gonna wait for that anytime soon. It's crazy depressing how so much of the internet, content producers and audience, went completely off the rails to the far right.

f0rk

I uhmm... I don't understand? I watched the entire 15 minute video and all PDP did was recite studies and WHY women are getting paid less not that they SHOULD get paid less...

Are you guys not watching the video or what?

Yes he recites such great reasons like them choosing to get paid less and whining about it instead of 'roaring'

What happened to ‘I am a woman hear me roar?’ It’s become ‘I am a woman, I earn less than men'"

Yeah dude. Directly addressing the issues that women face in society in order to find solutions to these problems is totally NOT the direction that feminism should go. Instead, let's just focus on the cringy one-liner side of the activism. I couldn't disagree more.

I'll just say it.

I'd happily take a pay cut if it meant women could get a fair wage.

If you aren't prepared to do that, then you aren't really for wage equality. Loads of guys who say they're for wage equality are for it in this nebulous 'so long as it doesn't take a penny out of my earnings' sort of way... and many people who are against it, are afraid it'll do just that.

This Youtuber, alt-right, "both sides", anti-sjw community is one of my least favorite things of all time.
They're fostering the next generation of people who will be working against progress, intentionally or unintentionally.
As usual, as soon as someone starts using the word 'females' to describe women you know they are a sexist, fucked up right winger. It's a rule that hasn't failed so far, and gets proven here again.
Or maybe, it's possible to use female or male interchangeably with other words as to not sound monotonous in your speech/writing or when you feel it fits better within the context of a sentence which I see plenty of non-alt-right folks including myself do regularly.

Yes, disagreeing with a statistical fact because of feelings is, in fact, sexist and stupid even if you're a woman.

Women can be sexist against other women, this is not a shocking revelation you're providing here.

Slayven

We going to ignore the mountains of studies that show, yes women are paid a lot less then man for the same amount of work?

Slayven

Yes, disagreeing with a statistical fact because of feelings is, in fact, sexist and stupid even if you're a woman.

Women can be sexist against other women, this is not a shocking revelation you're providing here.

Yes? Women can have shitty opinions about sex and gender too.
mg-O96xI.jpg

Women can be sexists against women too. Its sad, but common unfortunately.

Hell Fox has a parade of women that do nothing but tell women it is their fault for being raped

Women can be sexists against women too. Its sad, but common unfortunately.

Look at all the women who voted against Clinton because she was 'shrill' or they thought politics were better left to men. I guess it doesn't help sexist people hide behind sexist women if they acknowledge that sexist women can and do exist.

Literally all of her videos are either stupidly awful attempts at humor, getting damn near buck ass naked for views, or her literally saying she's not a feminist.

God damn I feel like y'all at least used to try harder to hide the fukkery in your desperate attempts to find someone who agrees with you.

You guys do realize no one else is running with this news story, right? Crave online (posted in the OP) is literally the only article I could find using google news search and PDP's name. maybe take a step back and breathe a little?

Slayven

Literally all of her videos are either stupidly awful attempts at humor, getting damn near buck ass naked for views, or her literally saying she's not a feminist.

God damn I feel like y'all at least used to try harder to hide the fukkery in your desperate attempts to find someone who agrees with you.

At least Sam Harris wraps it in pseudo intellectualism

You guys do realize no one else is running with this news story, right? Crave online (posted in the OP) is literally the only article I could find using google news search and PDP's name. maybe take a step back and breathe a little?

No one is discussing it. so no one can discuss it?

Who cares which sites are running with the story?

Are you afraid some might pick it up if we keep talking about it?

Strange argument. PewDiePie himself is running the story, considering he made the video.

Dynasty

Unless Crave online has a shitty track record it doesn't really matter.

sol_bad

My point is, there are many men AND women that have that same point of view. I also wonder how many people in this thread that are trashing Pewdie actually did their own research to see what he suggested might be true.

Nepenthe

If any bigger news sites were covering this, we'd get a plethora of people complaining that the "lamestream media" is just trying to take down the heroic underdog overtaking their influence because they're jealous.

dakun

I'll just say it.

I'd happily take a pay cut if it meant women could get a fair wage.

If you aren't prepared to do that, then you aren't really for wage equality. Loads of guys who say they're for wage equality are for it in this nebulous 'so long as it doesn't take a penny out of my earnings' sort of way... and many people who are against it, are afraid it'll do just that.

that's a dangerous/naive position to take imo and would just backfire while business laugh their way to the bank. The reason for pay equality is not that business wouldn't be able to afford it, thus you getting a pay cut (while sounding noble) would only hurt you while doing little to address the source of the wage inequality problem.

Only thing you'd do is lower the ceiling for everybody instead of making women have the same high ceiling as men do.

My point is, there are many men AND women that have that same point of view. I also wonder how many people in this thread that are trashing Pewdie actually did their own research to see what he suggested might be true.

There are many men and women that think I should be put to death.

So.

Why am I even engaging with a clear alt. Damn, I know better.

Side eye and move on.

Skatterd

TIL multiple people having a view makes it valid and not worthy of criticism.

Betty

Banned
We going to ignore the mountains of studies that show, yes women are paid a lot less then man for the same amount of work?

I never get this since it's been illegal for a while for men and women to be paid differently for doing the same job for the same amount of hours, surprised it's still happening.

Anung

Un Rama

It's GAF > Internet > GAF for a reason darn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom