• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Gunner's PAs look like they've been pulled straight from Resonance of Fate. Can't wait for the update and I'll be buying the premium package for sure.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
There's also a promo site up for the update. Lots of pictures on it:

i3dAxiSIg7Hxv.jpg
ibiP48bZrNSOpw.jpg

iboHpV4TxPtZvj.jpg
i0OYl7bvmrnq6.png

iMqonikWqagG3.jpg
ieTaKEfE6wLvR.jpg

ivarodeBrrGlc.jpg
ibaVMsRzMarJQp.jpg

ibcAcLx0uhAjoV.png
ibj8Uzfc0FjXte.png

ibyAtFqTHXJdMZ.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yay for trying to unlock a MB item for an hour and noticing that the node wasn't selected right before ragequitting.

Nishastra

Banned
New weapons look great. Also, return of the cake shop? :p

Wait, do they seriously expect people to replay the same quests starting from the very first one with these new classes?
Why wouldn't they? That's what we do for every other class.

I'm still curious about subclassing. I want to subclass Fighter, but if that means grinding both Hunter and Fighter to some level I might not :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wait, do they seriously expect people to replay the same quests starting from the very first one with these new classes?
No, they're adding normal mode for the Glacier and something else (don't remember which). Plus we have those huge xp COs, which will make leveling much faster.
I'm still curious about subclassing. I want to subclass Fighter, but if that means grinding both Hunter and Fighter to some level I might not :p
To unlock the new class you need to have the base class on level 30 and do a special client order, that's all. Aside from the level requirement, there's no "sub"classing involved.

Nishastra

Banned
No, they're adding normal mode for the Glacier and something else (don't remember which). Plus we have those huge xp COs, which will make leveling much faster.
Really? Actually adding "Normal" mode for the newer stuff is the last thing I expected them to do, but it's really what they should have done from the start :p

To unlock the new class you need to have the base class on level 30 and do a special client order, that's all. Aside from the level requirement, there's no "sub"classing involved.
http://bumped.org/psublog/blass/

Blueblur1

Why wouldn't they? That's what we do for every other class.

Okay, that's a bit better. The way they're handling this game is still a little disappointing IMO. I feel like we received an unfinished product that they're slowly finishing. I've stopped playing altogether honestly.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Okay, that's a bit better. The way they're handling this game is still a little disappointing IMO. I feel like we received an unfinished product that they're slowly finishing. I've stopped playing altogether honestly.
It's not an online RPG, not a MMORPG and they are all the same, tbh. Repeating the same quests over and over - PSO2 is polished as a product imo and provides 100+ hours of fun for free, so I'm not going to complain. :)

VariantX

Very very, good to hear about the normal mode versions of the new areas. That will definitely help with leveling in the 20's-30's and being stuck grinding out the same three areas for like 10 hours or more simply because you have nothing else to do except the level cap quest. Hope this sounds like they are fixing the level cap CO where you don't spend an absurd amount of time farming 90 things from each area.

Blueblur1

It's not an online RPG, not a MMORPG and they are all the same, tbh. Repeating the same quests over and over - PSO2 is polished as a product imo and provides 100+ hours of fun for free, so I'm not going to complain. :)
Polished? My character loses track of the enemy that she's locked onto if the enemy suddenly changes direction. Players are falling through geometry. Leveling has needed and might still need tweaking. And there have been numerous other bugs including a boss that was sometimes completely invisible. PSO 2 is probably one of the better out together free-to-play games out now but it's far from polished.

Personally, I'm really disappointed with it. Aside from the leveling/progression issues, I'm frustrated by the extremely lifeless environments, the lack of content and variety in each individual stage (unlike PSO 1 were the environments changed in each stage), lack of multiple unique big bosses (not mini bosses, there are plenty of those), the slow roll out of content (which is excacerbated by the fact the game offered so little content out of the gate), and the expectation that you are to play through the same quests all over again to level a new classes that have exclusive weapons (unlike PSU were new classes were a natural continuation of the starter classes and did not require the player to replay content).

This is how I feel. Right now, I really wouldn't recommend PSO 2 to anyone. Their time is better spent a better loot game such as Diablo 3.

Nishastra

Banned
I just can't wait for Techer... I've been thinking about it, and maybe once subclassing is in I'll just go Techer/Force :p

Anyway, I need to start playing again soon so I can make some meseta. I wasted almost all of it on CO items, and I want one of those new AC uniforms.

I finally killed Vol Dragon with just Lisa to complete 3 quests in one go. I had to dodge like crazy until i got comfortable with its attacks. Now time to do the Difficulty Unlock quest.
I just noticed this, but why is Miku all over the monitors on the Lobby?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I finally killed Vol Dragon with just Lisa to complete 3 quests in one go. I had to dodge like crazy until i got comfortable with its attacks. Now time to do the Difficulty Unlock quest.
I just noticed this, but why is Miku all over the monitors on the Lobby?
They're cross promoting the games during the Project Diva Vita launch. PSO2 is showing the promo video in the lobbys and I believe the actual Project Diva game has the PSO2 lobby as a playable stage along with the FOnewearl outfit.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
They're cross promoting the games during the Project Diva Vita launch. PSO2 is showing the promo video in the lobbys and I believe the actual Project Diva game has the PSO2 lobby as a playable stage along with the FOnewearl outfit.
Yeah, the PSO2 level in Project Diva F is basically the thing shown on the screens.

ezodagrom

My 2nd batch of release version videos, caves quests in normal mode as ranger.

Dragonkin Ecological Survey - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ERu8545JF0
Kartargot Extermination - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOrfDUqamgc
Subdue Caterdran - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnVU2oOiAYg
Volcanic Cave Exploration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w865ygK3l9A

Plus a few extras, a couple of videos from emergency missions:

Urban Recovery - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrR6xbD-nDI
Subdue Fang Banther - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedxY9mbWLE

My 2nd batch of release version videos, caves quests in normal mode as ranger.

Dragonkin Ecological Survey - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ERu8545JF0
Kartargot Extermination - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOrfDUqamgc
Subdue Caterdran - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnVU2oOiAYg
Volcanic Cave Exploration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w865ygK3l9A

Plus a few extras, a couple of videos from emergency missions:

Urban Recovery - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrR6xbD-nDI
Subdue Fang Banther - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedxY9mbWLE

Well thanks for Fang Banther vid, Looks like the Assault Rifle is best when fighting both of them.

You know, sometimes I don't think this game wants me to play it. If it's not bullshit barrel wallbounce explosion deaths from a random Karkagot laser, it's spawning a Code: Rescue Lilipian robot in the corner right next to a mob spawn, making it impossible to not damage the robot.

VariantX

You know, sometimes I don't think this game wants me to play it. If it's not bullshit barrel wallbounce explosion deaths from a random Karkagot laser, it's spawning a Code: Rescue Lilipian robot in the corner right next to a mob spawn, making it impossible to not damage the robot.

First time I got to that mission a turret was spawned right in front of them. Failed the mission just as I was able to get near them

I've been playing old school Phantasy Star II on my iPad lately, and it got me jonesing for the good old days of PSO ep I&I on Dreamcast & Xbox. I was thinking "man, that game would kill on iOs. I'd play it all the time." Lo and behold, I check the OP for this thread and there's a winter release planned? Awesome! I'll be there with a RAmar day one.

ezodagrom

I've been playing old school Phantasy Star II on my iPad lately, and it got me jonesing for the good old days of PSO ep I&I on Dreamcast & Xbox. I was thinking "man, that game would kill on iOs. I'd play it all the time." Lo and behold, I check the OP for this thread and there's a winter release planned? Awesome! I'll be there with a RAmar day one.
Note that PSO2 for iOS and Android is not the same as PSO2 for PC and Vita, the smartphones version is just a simpler single player game with access to a few community features from the main game.

Yay for trying to unlock a MB item for an hour and noticing that the node wasn't selected right before ragequitting.

lol, when stuff don't drop for me, I double check to see if it's the right one selected. Even I know that it's selected, I have to make sure. I spent like 2 hour for Matter Board item. I hate when it takes that long.

lol, when stuff don't drop for me, I double check to see if it's the right one selected. Even I know that it's selected, I have to make sure. I spent like 2 hour for Matter Board item. I hate when it takes that long.

Oh, so it's not just me. I think I spent an hour trying to get a MB item, and just gave up and started on other Quest for clients.

What the.. that's 3 Emergency Quests in a row for ship 2. How is this possible. I thought it was just one per day.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah, I usually do that to, but I've 100% the previous boards and forgot things like not being able to select a node mid-quest. Oh well. Got the first item but didn't play after that aside from logging in every day to hand in the uber xp CO.

Note that PSO2 for iOS and Android is not the same as PSO2 for PC and Vita, the smartphones version is just a simpler single player game with access to a few community features from the main game.

Oh. Killed that buzz fast. :/

Not sure why, the iPad could handle it easily, there's already an MMO on iOS and iTunes is basically a conditioning system for microtransactions already, so they're a natural fit.

Oh well. Retinabook it is.

Oh, so it's not just me. I think I spent an hour trying to get a MB item, and just gave up and started on other Quest for clients.

What the.. that's 3 Emergency Quests in a row for ship 2. How is this possible. I thought it was just one per day.

When it doesn't drop for a while, I go back to the lobby, switch it other another matter board then back. That might help.

Yeah, I usually do that to, but I've 100% the previous boards and forgot things like not being able to select a node mid-quest. Oh well. Got the first item but didn't play after that aside from logging in every day to hand in the uber xp CO.

I still don't have that quest. Which npc has it? Franka?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I still don't have that quest. Which npc has it? Franka?
No, it's tge violet haired girl and the quest is called あなたへのたのみごと III or something. It's the one which requires you to get 30 水晶の欠片. It's the last quest in a chain.

DJIzana

God DAMN this game is sexy. Sega has done SO MUCH these last couple of years. I couldn't ask for more from them... well, except maybe Shenmue but still! =)

wwm0nkey

So guys with Xbox Live doing Free to Play now, do you think Sega will try to work out something to get it on the service with constant updates?

wwm0nkey

I'd doubt this very much, especially the updates part.

The only thing I doubt is the updates part but I assume if they worked out something they would port it in no time at all since PSU on the 360 has been making them A LOT of money on the 360.

Oh, i have a quick question. Is there a way to change the way your Mag looks like like they did in PSZ, or are the only cosmetic effects available through leveling up only?

No, it's tge violet haired girl and the quest is called あなたへのたのみごと III or something. It's the one which requires you to get 30 水晶の欠片. It's the last quest in a chain.

Bad for me, I held off doing Free Mine 20 mins S rank. Now time to finish those.

Top Bottom