• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

VariantX

... Turrets?

I just found a turret in the forest. I got in it and shot a Fang Banshee for about 5 seconds until he pounced on me and knocked me out of it.

Yeah I noticed that the levels seemed a little different from when I last played about 2 weeks ago. Emergency missions seem a lot more frequent too.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Team bank? Does that mean team members can share items?
Probably. The team has to level up a bit for that, though. I've cliked through the in-game tutorial a bit too fast, so I don't really don't know the details, but the team xp seems to be gained by doing the Team orders. Will dig into that later.

Nishastra

Banned
Hmm. Finally got Techer. Not sure what to do with this skill tree :p

I really like the actual Wind techs so far, but the PP Restore thing in the Light branch looks real nice.

Really, Techer does seem like it'd be ideal when coupled with Force skills.

Techer's Poison Ignition skill looks hilariously useless just like Freeze Ignition. At least with this one your teammates won't accidentally remove the status effect during the million hours it takes to cast the skill.

Nishastra

Banned
Also, losing Charge PP Revival HURTS.

But I guess I'll just prioritize whackin' stuff with my macely wand.

Techer seems to have less "useful for everyone" skills. Like, I'm Fire-specced as a Force, but two of those skills boost everything I can cast by a % as long as I charge. Here there's just stat boosts and PP restoring. I guess the Shifta/Deband boosts that you can't avoid are the all-around buffs.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm loving my lv14 fighter so far. Found 2 dual dagger pas, so I have 3 now and can do a fairly good combo with them. Too bad the reach of normal attacks is so short.
That's my biggest complaint about the knuckle weapons, too. Really slow, with terribly short range.

Nishastra

Banned
Gimegid seems like a shitty version of Grants.

Same kind of deal, multiple attacks on a single point, but it's really slow to start up.

Zan and Razan are the winners so far. And of course Gigrants is still great. Megid is hard to use because it's so slow.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Probably. The team has to level up a bit for that, though. I've cliked through the in-game tutorial a bit too fast, so I don't really don't know the details, but the team xp seems to be gained by doing the Team orders. Will dig into that later.
This is what I was talking about:

jSWODnl6DIV4m.png

First greyed out option means team I believe which is why I think the actual team functions will be included in the late Sept patch along with the AC update and the Story quest update.

Nishastra

Banned
Wand Gear is pretty awesome. Wand damage is significant with it active, and one good charged AoE tech will fill it completely.

If the Wand has elemental damage, it does a sort of mini-tech of that. If it doesn't have any elemental damage, it just does more physical damage with a second "WHACK" sound/effect.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
To everyone who haven't launched the game post-update yet - if you encounter graphical glitches, do a file check (ファイルチェック) from the launcher!

Nishastra

Banned
I'm really happy with Techer so far, now that I have Wand Gear.

Wind/Light/Dark has a bunch of great area attacks that fill up the Wand Gear immediately, and then Wand Gear does pretty great single target damage.

I'm only level 11 and I'm already feeling like some kind of whirlwind of death. Also I'm really liking the Wand designs so far as well. Lots of techno-maces.

Killthee

I'm really happy with Techer so far, now that I have Wand Gear.

Wind/Light/Dark has a bunch of great area attacks that fill up the Wand Gear immediately, and then Wand Gear does pretty great single target damage.

I'm only level 11 and I'm already feeling like some kind of whirlwind of death. Also I'm really liking the Wand designs so far as well. Lots of techno-maces.
Thx for the impressions. I wasn't sure if I wanted to waste skill points on it and was just considering sticking to a Force+Techer Rod build in the future, but I'm gonna give it a shot now cause of your impressions.

Nishastra

Banned
Yeah, I wasn't really liking Wands so much at first. They're slower and have less range than Rods, and aren't really stronger by themselves.

But then Wand Gear is incredibly easy to keep up, and does somewhere around 60% extra damage as whatever element.

Of course I have no clue how it scales, being so low level, but all of a sudden Wands make sense :p

remz

Ah man. I want to try out the new fighter stuff so bad but I'm in the biggest rut levelling through my twenties T_T.

Patience, Patience

BLCKATK

Bah, so I'm trying to come back to this after playing the OB. Just reinstalled it but I'm stuck getting Error 12152 (no. 103). Anyone know I fix for this? I feel like it's my college internet ruining my fun ;_;

Killthee

Some of the guys over at the English patch forums uploaded some of the new data.

Vashyron posted an updated Item Icon Pack:

6 new mags (counting Sato and Rappy) are buried in there along with 1 new tech for every element, bunch of armor pieces I don't recognize/reskins for the rare enemies, new weapons, new AC outfits/reskins, & new My Room items. One of the new mags looks like a Jack O Lantern mage with a bat sidekick.

Mags:

iZ42LkPBRML25.PNG

He also uploaded the icons for the new darkers and the new rare enemies. Here's a few of them:

Reskins/Rare enemies (Full set here):

New Darkers (Ruins enemies?):

Agrajag uploaded some high res icons. Here's a few:

New AC Outfits/Reskins (Full set + new armor here):

Also tons of new weapons including reskins & classic PSO weapons (off the top of my head I saw a Monkey King Bar/Black King Bar, Knuckle Gloves, Brave Knuckle, Parasol, Hitogata, Mahu, Caduceus, Agito, Sange & Yasha, Egg Blasters, & Holy Ray).

Weapons (Full set is split between here and here):

I'm really glad to see they have a lot of stuff in the pipeline! Can't wait for some of this stuff to be unlocked now.

Finished the item collecting twice over last night to eventually unlock Techer and Gunner. Will probably get a start on the boss kills tonight.

Is anyone else experiencing a strange glitch where the number palette vanishes? Happened to me at least three times last night. Everything on it was still usable like normal and I could hear the sound like it should be there when I hit T to toggle it, but it was just not visible.

ezodagrom

Finished the item collecting twice over last night to eventually unlock Techer and Gunner. Will probably get a start on the boss kills tonight.

Is anyone else experiencing a strange glitch where the number palette vanishes? Happened to me at least three times last night. Everything on it was still usable like normal and I could hear the sound like it should be there when I hit T to toggle it, but it was just not visible.
Yeah, that happened to me twice yesterday.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Happened to me, but I made it appear again. Push all the letters, Fs etc. except for B and it should fix the problem. Can't remember which button was it, sorry.

Try downloading the client from the site, it's supposed to include the update.

It was downloading for third time yesterday. I went to sleep and left the PC downloading. During night Windows update have restarted the PC. I lost again all the progress.

Amazing bad coded client. And still suffering the permisions bug everytime some .exe file is updated.

I really hope it includes all the updates up to it's launch time. I'm okay with them being a couple of weeks behind afterwards, but I hope they are putting in the effort.

I doubt it'll launch with anywhere near the amount of content currently available on the Japanese server. They wouldn't be leaving themselves with anywhere to go with the updates.

Does this have something to do with the UAC? Disabling it completely is the first thing I'm doing after installing Windows and I haven't seen this error even once.

Disabling a key Windows security component is never a good idea. I personally haven't had any UAC-related issues with the game though. Windows file permissions are not necessarily tied to UAC either.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Disabling a key Windows security component is never a good idea. I personally haven't had any UAC-related issues with the game though. Windows file permissions are not necessarily tied to UAC either.
Surprisingly big amount of games has problems with this. Plus I have my antivirus/antimalware/firewall etc. to tell me what shouldn't be opened. Never had a problem with UAC disabled. :)

Edit:
And ontopic - bumped has the translation of the new skill trees.

ezodagrom

I doubt it'll launch with anywhere near the amount of content currently available on the Japanese server. They wouldn't be leaving themselves with anywhere to go with the updates.
Apparently Edward (one of the community managers for the Phantasy Star series) said during PAX that they want to try to keep the gap in updates between 1 week and 1 month, but it wouldn't be the first time that he said stuff that didn't happen (for example, he said that the XBox 360 PSU servers would get better support and faster updates when the PC/PS2 servers were shutdown, that didn't happen).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just did the new emergency quest with Netto and killing the mines' boss with a full multiparty was a nice change from the usual "let's farm City/Forest for an hour". Too bad that they didn't increase the XP for it though.

Just did the new emergency quest with Netto and killing the mines' boss with a full multiparty was a nice change from the usual "let's farm City/Forest for an hour". Too bad that they didn't increase the XP for it though.

How many runs did you get in? We only managed two runs in the 15 minutes it was up last night. Wondering if a third run is possible.

The neat part was both times it was an infected one and both times every single weapon/unit that dropped had mutation on it.

Nishastra

Banned
Fought my first Ragne as a Techer. It was a lot less tedious than usual. Zan is all you need because every boomerang wind blade hits independently, so on big bosses you're hitting mutliple times, especially if there's enough room for the blades to return.

Netto-kun

How many runs did you get in? We only managed two runs in the 15 minutes it was up last night. Wondering if a third run is possible.

The neat part was both times it was an infected one and both times every single weapon/unit that dropped had mutation on it.
We managed to do three runs. And the Varder was infected on all the runs we did, so maybe it is supposed to be that way?

So, I'm assuming it's kosher to talk about the English patch here since it's in the OP.

Is anyone else's English patch crashing the client on startup? I'm using the Aug 9 files and the only way I can run the game is to file check the client and get rid of the patch. Everytime I re-install the patch I get the same crash.

Killthee

So, I'm assuming it's kosher to talk about the English patch here since it's in the OP.

Is anyone else's English patch crashing the client on startup? I'm using the Aug 9 files and the only way I can run the game is to file check the client and get rid of the patch. Everytime I re-install the patch I get the same crash.
No problems here using the Sept 12 patched files.

Fought my first Ragne as a Techer. It was a lot less tedious than usual. Zan is all you need because every boomerang wind blade hits independently, so on big bosses you're hitting mutliple times, especially if there's enough room for the blades to return.

Yeah I just fought a Ragne on the way to doing the Techer client orders. Zan is completely preposterous in its range, damage, and multihit ability. It's like you become a Dark Ragne and start throwing them projectiles everywhere, except they also boomerang back and hit for even more damage.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Speaking of bosses, I love fighting Vol with a dual dagger fighter. Being able to PA-jump-hit his tail, even when it's high during his flame attack feels great. It's also possible to attack the horn on his back without the dragon being down!

Nishastra

Banned
Yeah I just fought a Ragne on the way to doing the Techer client orders. Zan is completely preposterous in its range, damage, and multihit ability. It's like you become a Dark Ragne and start throwing them projectiles everywhere, except they also boomerang back and hit for even more damage.

And it only costs 18 PP! :p

Zan's only downside is that if the blades hit the ground (or a wall), they won't boomerang.

Killthee

The other new techs are pretty awesome as well. Razan does a little cyclone that juggles small adds up in the air and the dark techs are fantastic in floating continent. Gimegid does a ranged focus beam on any add while Ramegid rains death around you. This update has far exceeded what I thought it would be.

Top Bottom