• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

I took a break from this game to concentrate on GW2, but now a lot of changes are happening. It's time for me to get back.

If I'm reading about subclasses/weapons right, it does seem to turn Force/Tech into the ideal subclass. And Duel Gaze is equippable by all and is one of the strongest talis weapons. Hmmm, even though RA/FO is my dream come true, I'm not liking it unless they add some new weapons to balance that out.

I've finally decided to throw myself into this game, but I can't get past character creation. I'm getting far too caught up trying to make it look perfect. :( Am I just wasting my time here? v.v

It took me about an hour to get my character right. You're not alone.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Sakai & Sugenuma are on the SCE stage right now.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv108503204

It's over. Nothing major I think. They showed off the TGS trailers for the Vita version and then after the second trailer they said something that the Nico chat people liked. AFAICT, they announced PSP2i costumes for PSO2. After they signed off they showed a short trailer of the new costumes.

Youtube link to the costumes trailer.

The Sega stream on the other hand showed off a new trailer for Ruins. It also teases the field after Ruins and highlights the Halloween content (outfits, lobby, cake shop, and
Jack-O-Lantern Rappy!
).

To the Next Stage

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The Sega stream on the other hand showed off a new trailer for Ruins. It also teases the field after Ruins and highlights the Halloween content (outfits, lobby, cake shop, and
Jack-O-Lantern Rappy!
).

To the Next Stage
I just watched the trailer and must say that I'm hyped for the second boss fight shown there. New area also looks pretty cool - hope we don't have to wait for it until next year.

So one of my friends at TGS was apparently hearing something about a PvP mode.

They mentioned it last year at G*Star too.

I doubt we'll see it until after we get Falz. PvP has always been a 'v2' thing for the series (It didn't hit PSO until Gamecube, and didn't hit PSU until the PSP)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got my Fighter to 40 and only thing that's stopping me from being content and not playing until the next update (sadly because I have a lot to do, not because I'm bored) are the last 2 nodes on the 6th Matter Board. Namely the Quartz and Big Varda item. While Varda shouldn't be a problem, since the Emergency quest with it pops quite often, I've fought Quartz with various friends today and even after 5 kills didn't get the drop.

Got my Fighter to 40 and only thing that's stopping me from being content and not playing until the next update (sadly because I have a lot to do, not because I'm bored) are the last 2 nodes on the 6th Matter Board. Namely the Quartz and Big Varda item. While Varda shouldn't be a problem, since the Emergency quest with it pops quite often, I've fought Quartz with various friends today and even after 5 kills didn't get the drop.

I'm about to log on and try to get a drop from Quartz, if you want to come along.

Nishastra

Banned
Normally I lose interest shortly after reaching the cap. I did when I hit 40 with Ranger until I decided to start on Force, and then again with Force until Techer became available.

I'm still holding on, though. I seem to have developed a desire to save up a bunch of money before the level cap increase so I can afford new stuff. What I have now is pretty damn awesome, but there'll be a new tier of weapons at the very least.

remz

I doubt we'll see it until after we get Falz. PvP has always been a 'v2' thing for the series (It didn't hit PSO until Gamecube, and didn't hit PSU until the PSP)
There was a battle mode in the second DC version, but your point still stands i guess.

Are the instructions in the OP still valid if I want to register and play the game ?

If you're getting started now, remember to hit up someone in this thread for their referral info before you sign up. Both you and the one that refers you benefit from it!

You should probably get Keii's but I could PM you mine if he has a referral already.

Killthee

3vjIil.jpg

1 down!

LRCxkl.jpg

1 to go.... : (

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you're getting started now, remember to hit up someone in this thread for their referral info before you sign up. Both you and the one that refers you benefit from it!

You should probably get Keii's but I could PM you mine if he has a referral already.
Whoa, totally forgot about that, thanks StarCreator.

CaLe, if you'd be so kind to use my id: 10077436 and the friend referral system explained here (we're all on Ship 02, ウルク).

Edit:
I need some help with getting the Quartz Dragon and Big Varda MB items, if someone could help me, I'm online now. :)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
lol that's gonna take awhile unless they changed the drop rate. 20+ Quartz later still nothing.
Killed it around 10 times today, and 3 were with +50% drop rate booster (don't know if it works on MB drops though) - nothing.
Can't give up, that's how this game rolls, period.

VariantX

Killed it around 10 times today, and 3 were with +50% drop rate booster (don't know if it works on MB drops though) - nothing.
Can't give up, that's how this game rolls, period.

Reminds me of when I was trying to get Caterdra'n crystals. Only need 3, end up killing 30 of em to get 3 damn crystals.

Killthee

Bumped has a summary of the TGS Q&A panel.

For subclasses, you get all passive and active skills, but know that certain skills are dependent on the weapon category. For example, weak bullet will need Assault Rifles to use that skill. Some things won’t apply, like if you were using a wand, you can’t perform a step attack. They will even add more weapons that can be used by all classes just in time for the subclass update.
Good.

G5TT5.jpg

Vita and PC players can play together in the same ship, but only certain blocks are designated for them. This chart above shows you the basic layout on how blocks will be set up. Vita+PC blocks are green, and PC exclusive blocks are light yellow. The Vita version also supports teams, and just like before, you can see the team chat no matter what block you are on.
I wonder if this is their way of ensuring the PC version isn't held back by the Vita version/SCEI certification.

Previous AC Scratch content will return but you may see some changes, this could be something like a slightly different color variation or upgrades.

QX7eD.jpg

When asked if there’s going to be a Lillipa Suit, they said they’ll do it.
Guess I better start saving some meseta for that too....

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wonder if this is their way of ensuring the PC version isn't held back by the Vita version/SCEI certification.
I think Vita players won't be able to play so well as the PC players at least at the beginning, because of the difference in controls, so maybe they don't want PC players to get irritated or something?
I think some console shooters (Unreal?) had different servers for gamepad and kb+m users to prevent the latter from owning the hell out of the former.

I think Vita players won't be able to play so well as the PC players at least at the beginning, because of the difference in controls, so maybe they don't want PC players to get irritated or something?
I think some console shooters (Unreal?) had different servers for gamepad and kb+m users to prevent the latter from owning the hell out of the former.

Yeah, but melee plays way better with a controller in this game. /flameshield up

I think if they were smart, they'd allow you to use the rear touchpad to control TPS mode.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah, but melee plays way better with a controller in this game. /flameshield up
Probably. Still can't get myself to try it, despite the fact that I usually play console-like games on my PC with a controller. Guess it's the chat keeping me from doing it, I hate the idea of needing to put down my controller to write something.
I think if they were smart, they'd allow you to use the rear touchpad to control TPS mode.
As an option which you can turn off? Sure, whatever. As a always-on feature? Please, no. I'm touching the rear pad unconsciously 90% of the time when I'm playing Vita games and hate rotating cameras etc. because of that.

What's all this that I'm seeing here? Also, I did I miss anything new since I've been gone? Any updates or other things that I didn't hear about while away?

ezodagrom

What's all this that I'm seeing here? Also, I did I miss anything new since I've been gone? Any updates or other things that I didn't hear about while away?
Depends on how long you've been away.

Summary of recent news:
- In September 12th, 3 new classes were added, Fighter, Gunner and Techer. Tundra, Mines and Skyland got a normal mode, with Tundra and Mines requiring lvl 20, Skyland requiring lvl 25. Also, Forest, Caves and Desert hard mode free fields requirements were lowered from lvl 30 to lvl 25.
Update trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CcqHVrpOU

- Next update is going to be in September 26th, which will add new team features, like team client orders, team rooms, expansion to story chapters 5 and 6 plus a new chapter, and a new time attack mission, going through the caves and skyland. The lobbies will also be changed to feature an autumn theme, similar to the summer theme in early august.
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsoaMPlKak0

- Sometime in October, subclasses are going to be added. With subclasses, you have access to a 2nd class photon arts, technics, skills from the skill tree, and 20% of the stats from the 2nd class will be added to the main class. The player can't equip weapons from the 2nd class though, we must rely in weapons that can equiped by all classes. When this update arrives, new weapons that can be equiped by all classes will be released as well.
This update will also include lvl 50 cap, very hard mode, and new photon arts and technics and the introduction of rare enemies and bosses.
Trailer starts at 33:17:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS2KseEuCG0&t=33m17s

- Most likely in late October, there will be an update with a new area, new bosses, and halloween themed lobbies, clothes and rappys.
Trailer (watch only if you don't mind spoilers, the trailer countains footage from the new area and bosses):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BAYKvH58xU

Other than this, there's news about the Vita and smartphone versions, but I'm not really paying much attention to these versions of the game.

Depends on how long you've been away.

Summary of recent news:
- In September 12th, 3 new classes were added, Fighter, Gunner and Techer. Tundra, Mines and Skyland got a normal mode, with Tundra and Mines requiring lvl 20, Skyland requiring lvl 25. Also, Forest, Caves and Desert hard mode free fields requirements were lowered from lvl 30 to lvl 25.
Update trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CcqHVrpOU

- Next update is going to be in September 26th, which will add new team features, like team client orders, team rooms, expansion to story chapters 5 and 6 plus a new chapter, and a new time attack mission, going through the caves and skyland. The lobbies will also be changed to feature an autumn theme, similar to the summer theme in early august.
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsoaMPlKak0

- Sometime in October, subclasses are going to be added. With subclasses, you have access to a 2nd class photon arts, technics, skills from the skill tree, and 20% of the stats from the 2nd class will be added to the main class. The player can't equip weapons from the 2nd class though, we must rely in weapons that can equiped by all classes. When this update arrives, new weapons that can be equiped by all classes will be released as well.
This update will also include lvl 50 cap, very hard mode, and new photon arts and technics and the introduction of rare enemies and bosses.
Trailer starts at 33:17:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS2KseEuCG0&t=33m17s

- Most likely in late October, there will be an update with a new area, new bosses, and halloween themed lobbies, clothes and rappys.
Trailer (watch only if you don't mind spoilers, the trailer countains footage from the new area and bosses):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BAYKvH58xU

Other than this, there's news about the Vita and smartphone versions, but I'm not really paying much attention to these versions of the game.

I've just been gone a few days. I always ask because this game keeps added stuff or updating pretty frequent and sometimes I lose track. I was wondering when this thread was going to hit community.

Nishastra

Banned
I like how, shortly after I said "I'mma keep playing at the cap!", I stopped playing.

It's more because I'm super-busy right now, though :p

I've been thinking. Thinking about Fighter as a subclass. If those stances work on techs, it could be horrendously powerful. And even if they don't, it'd certainly work on Wand damage, which is the whole reason I like being a Techer :p

I really don't want to have to level as Hunter/Fighter, though... We'll see.

Not clear on what the Fighter stances are, but I thought active skills were still subject to limitations on which weapons they were usable for.

I'm planning on playing Force with Techer as a subclass - if the skill transfer will work like I imagine, this will be the most broken thing ever.

Nishastra

Banned
Stances don't have anything to do with weapons, though. There are very few skills that require a specific weapon other than Gears. Rangers have most of them.

Fighter stances increase damage done from either in front or behind enemies while reducing damage done from the other side. With them you can do 50+% more damage as long as your position relative to the enemy is right.

For a tech-using character it'd be a gamble against big groups, but against bosses it could be incredible.

And I'm more than happy to wade in with my Wand anyway, and Fighter would make that more viable regardless (and the Fighter T-Atk stat is actually not bad anyway)...

Still, I don't actually want to play a Hunter or Fighter, so I'll wait until subclasses are actually available and we know for sure how they work before I commit to anything :p

Killthee

JP patch notes are up.

The AC catalog and the Fun catalog were also updated.

The JP manual also got updated with a page for the team room and for the team photon tree. My current team orders seem to be deliver 20 item drops from lv 1+ Garongos for 200 Team Points and deliver 40 item drops from lv 21+ Krahda for 250 TP. These orders are repeatable, but there is a lockout after turning it in (20 hours?) and you can only earn up to 3,000 TP a week. They also do not give you any EXP. Not sure if everyone in the team gets the same orders cause different teams are getting different orders.

If you're using the English patch you can continue using the 9/18 patch. No text was changed in this latest game update, but the English patch team didn't finish translating the team orders so there will be a new English patch soon to fix that.

Okay, is anyone else having problems accessing their account from the isao.net site?

Either it's servers are getting slammed or I'm just having terrible luck.

Been trying to buy AC for an hour and a half now.

Tearing my fucking hair out.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hope that people who are playing now will get our Team enough points for the photon tree!

Killthee

Okay, is anyone else having problems accessing their account from the isao.net site?

Either it's servers are getting slammed or I'm just having terrible luck.

Been trying to buy AC for an hour and a half now.

Tearing my fucking hair out.
Looks like the servers were just getting slammed last night after the patch. It should be fixed now.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=453

There is something you need to set? Or just play?

You need to take the Team Orders. Talk to the girl NPC to the right of the guy NPC that handles your classes.

Team Orders can be completed daily (they have a 20 hour cooldown per character). Each account can contribute up to 3000 team points per week.

Killthee

The Team stuff is also pretty expensive. We need 3,000TP to purchase the team room and then we need another 7,500TP to purchase the photon tree and 10k TP to enable team storage (only usable by premium users btw :( ). Buffs and photon water also cost additional TP.

Arika said:
Team lv.1 = require 0 pt.
-no extra function.

Team lv.2 = require 3000 pt.
-allow you to purchase room for another 7500 pt. (room come with photon tree)
-allow you to purchase team storage for another 10000 pt.
-allow you to change team private officer for another 5000 pt.

Team lv.3 = require 10000 pt.
-???

MJgNn.jpg

The team orders for this week are deliver 20 drops from lv 1+ Garongos and 40 drops from lv 21+ Krahdas. Easiest way to complete them is to just get into a farming group for Free Forest/Desert. It shouldnt take too long if the room is filled with people.

Oh hey, found this thread finally.

The shrine maiden outfits are outrageously expensive. More expensive than every other cosmetic outfit ever released...

I find this kind of galling. Even more popular than the bikini? Really? Well, no accounting for taste, I guess...

The Team stuff is also pretty expensive. We need 3,000TP to purchase the team room and then we need another 7,500TP to purchase the photon tree and 10k TP to enable team storage (only usable by premium users btw :( ). Buffs and photon water also cost additional TP.

The team orders for this week are deliver 20 drops from lv 1+ Garongos and 40 drops from lv 21+ Krahdas. Easiest way to complete them is to just get into a farming group for Free Forest/Desert. It shouldnt take too long if the room is filled with people.

You actually purchase the team room with that 7,500 TP, just like that post you quoted states. Just upgrading the team to level 2 just gives you the right to buy upgrades.

Also, the team orders will differ by team. For example, my team is currently tasked with hunting Sparguns and Fodrans. Also note, team orders are very specific about which quest will drop the items. Killing the enemies in another quest will not give you the items you need. Also, unlike client orders, the items will continue dropping even if you've satisfied the requirement for the day, so you can continue to collect them to turn in the next day.

ezodagrom

You actually purchase the team room with that 7,500 TP, just like that post you quoted states. Just upgrading the team to level 2 just gives you the right to buy upgrades.

Also, the team orders will differ by team. For example, my team is currently tasked with hunting Sparguns and Fodrans. Also note, team orders are very specific about which quest will drop the items. Killing the enemies in another quest will not give you the items you need. Also, unlike client orders, the items will continue dropping even if you've satisfied the requirement for the day, so you can continue to collect them to turn in the next day.
I don't think this is about a specific quest, but it's about a specific area, for example, my team had to hunt Spardan A, it had to be Spardan A from the desert, it didn't work with the mines ones, but it worked with any of the desert quests.

Killthee

Gotcha. Gonna be a while before team GAF gets its room then.

Killthee

Saw this at the translation patch forums:

Qwerty said:
A semi-major localization breakthrough was made this evening. Expect some changes in the next patch version.
Most important things are already translated in the current version, the only thing missing is being able to flip back and forth on the fly and item translations....

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Team Newsflash
We have reached level 2! *applause*
Now we need around 6k points to get the room and the tree.

By the way, I'm guessing that there's a general consensus that we want the tree for the drop boost, right?

Team Newsflash
We have reached level 2! *applause*
Now we need around 6k points to get the room and the tree.

By the way, I'm guessing that there's a general consensus that we want the tree for the drop boost, right?

Definitely get the tree, but be prepared to water it (with team points) on a regular basis. If you suck too many buffs out of it without watering it, it'll start to wither.

We had a bit of a scare with our tree yesterday but it just turns out we just caught it when it decided not to hand out any buffs.

Killthee

New English patch is out.

New patch release. Turns out Sega changed the URL in the first file the game loads, so it crashes on launch with the old one. Note that the 9/18 large files download still works.

Changes:
  • Team orders (roughly) translated.
  • Various team menus translated.
  • Emergency trial text restored (Sega added punctuation, which threw false positives for "this stuff got changed").
  • Event tablet names translated. Note that these are WIP and subject to change.
  • A few typos finally fixed ("exterminatee", those strings that started with ").

The big thing: Several NPCs have been renamed. Turns out a huge portion of the lobby NPCs are named after minor planetoids, as follow:

Previous name - origin
  • Faina - 751 Faina
  • Girard - 10450 Girard
  • Brigitta - 450 Brigitta
  • Tea - 453 Tea
  • Lola - 463 Lola (note: 467 Laura also exists, but we kept it Lola because it's been used already)
  • Cressida - 548 Kressida
  • Nanon - 559 Nanon
  • Melitta - 676 Melitta
  • Wood - 1660 Wood
  • Doo-Doo - 564 Dudu
  • Furie - 10101 Fourier
  • Lavelle - 13358 Revelle
  • Emeline - 3471 Amelin
  • Salome - 5059 Saroma
  • Josef - 39971 Jozsef
  • Beize - 1591 Baize (not an NPC, but still there)
Not a planetoid, but Ulc has also been renamed to Uruk.

There were a few more changes that were considered, but have not been included yet because they're still in doubt. These are Ohza -> 5080 Oja and Ria -> 5411 Liia.

The Promo site for the October updates is also up along with the trailer for the first update.

From what I can make out, update 1 (Oct 10) consist of Subclasses, lv 50, Rare Enemies, Mr Umbrella Emergency Code, new PAs, new techs, new weapons, and new Client Orders. The second update is a Halloween Scratch and lobby update. No sign of Ruins so they're probably saving that for the November update.

The official roadmap also got updated with a few new details. Most weapons and techs will get updated on 10/10 except for Swords, Partizans, Ice techs, and Light techs. Those 4 will get new PAs and techs during the late Oct update.

Get ready to grind Forest once again as well, Free Caves has a lv 42 requirement and Mines seems to be mid 40s.

ss_01_l.jpg

ss_03_l.jpg

ss_04_l.jpg

ss_01_l.jpg

ss_04_l.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I can't wait for the level cap rise, because we all know how much seeing EXP FULL sucks. I guess it should be the title of the 2nd OP if it ever comes to it. Or whatever Doo Doo says in the English version for the failed synthesis.

Anyway, aside from the road to 50, the new PAs look really cray cray - I mean sword surfing? How cool is that.

Subclasses will also be nice, although I'm not planning on using them for anything other than stat boost, so I can wear better units.

Top Bottom