• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Alright, I'll come back on later. Silly how it doesn't tell you that the whisper was never sent. At first I thought I was being ignored, but I was able to whisper everyone, so I thought something weird was going on.
Shoot me a tweet next time you're online and I'll add you. PM here would be enough, but the email notifications don't work.

Since this is the official topic for PSO2, I'll post this here as well. Translated list of changes for the release version of PSO2 Vita from today's nico live stream:
- It will be possible to play on a 3G connection, although WiFi is recommended
- Vita won't go into Sleep mode while playing
- It will be possible to have a short chat on screen at all times
- Chat keyboard will pop up faster
- It will be possible to set auto closing the chat window after sending a message and a button to send continous message will also be added
- It will be possible to chat when accessing objects
- Shortcut to the character information menu will be added (for checking exp to next level etc.)
- Characters' skin color will be adjusted to look more natural
- Camera position settings will be added
- Breast jiggle for female Humans will be added

VariantX

Being able to do multiple matter board objectives, nice. It never made sense to me that I could handle up to 10 quests at one time, but matter board stuff had to be done one at a time.

Enter to check my last 'My Shop' minutes. Maintenance announced. Go into a quick multiparty. Game crash. Loging again. Infected Agrani. CO is up. Everyone leaves except for a clueless guy. 5 minutes left... Cyclonehda happens. Loads of them. Maintenance.

; _ ;

pso20130206_005447_00htl2u.jpg

My first meet up with Starcreator:

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Everyone who has logged to PSO2 between Jan 23rd and Feb 6th will get 4x +50% xp, 1x +20% ability add risk, 2x grind risk -1 on Feb 13th as an apology for bugs with enemies giving less xp and adding abilities to units. Items will be delivered to the special storage.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Lengthy post on bumped containing February balance updates, Vita release/post-release changes etc. from today's Sakai blog - link.

For those who haven't been reading all the linked articles, I thought it significant to mention that starting last night (this morning), there's a Falz at 12 AM, 7 AM, and 10 AM EST every day through Tuesday.

I have 44 meseta left after 700 hours of game.

It started like this:

After that, I was totally unable to afix a simple Soul + Tech II, even throwing at it 2 Soul + Tech III with 2 slots already enabled. He just refused to afix it after more than 50 tries. Burned all my Soul + III fodder farmed after months, 2 Spirita Boost (2x300k), +10% Afix rate (300k)...

Over 2M to trash and all I have is Tech III right now.

System is awful broken and I dont want to play at all now. Ruined my game.

After that, I was totally unable to afix a simple Soul + Tech II, even throwing at it 2 Soul + Tech III with 2 slots already enabled. He just refused to afix it after more than 50 tries. Burned all my Soul + III fodder farmed after months, 2 Spirita Boost (2x300k), +10% Afix rate (300k)...

It's unfortunate, but there's a reason so few superweapons like what you were trying to make exist.

Also, you only had 2M? I blew through 6M the other day trying to grind an elder rifle.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

It started like this:

Stuff like that is the reason I'm not playing with affixes for any equipment that's not even near the top tier stuff. Especially now with advanced quests coming I'd rather wait and play with something much stronger than my current junk than to waste this kind of money and get an item that's so-so anyway, at least compared to the strongest weapons.

Don't leave us, we'll do a few TA runs tomorrow and you'll get your money back, dr!

Also, wunder, if you're reading this, contact me on twitter/steam/wherever. We miss you! :<

There are ways to get it all 100% but you need add ability 20% or 30%. Unfortunely, I haven't gone thru the process myself yet due to being poor.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally got Elder Fists today, so I've decided to +10 them. Took me half an hour and 10 million, but I was finally able to do it.
After that, with 3 million left on me I was really afraid about how the affixing will go, but who knew - got Quartz Soul and Power 3 on my first try!
This is my main weapon now:
UcaOkNv.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The February 20th update will be split into 3 parts and available for pre-download on 13/02 (850MB), 15/02 (1.2GB) and 18/02 (1.4GB).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
got this from Elder yesterday. Looks like it was going to be a bad run too when we only destroy 3 arms when it died.
According to g-heaven (which takes information from interviews with the dev team) breaking Elder's hands affects only the rare unit drop. Would make sense since that's how breakable parts work on all the other bosses.

I won't be making the PSO2 Vita OT. If anyone wants to do it, feel free to use information/images from this OT and the thread about changes since release.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'd be willing to maintain a live OT but the content would pretty much be a carbon copy of what's already been done here. (Why mess with a good thing?) Also you guys would have to continue administering the GAF team since I'm not a member.
Thanks! When the Vita version goes live a lot of players who are on hiatus want to come back, so hopefully we won't have a problem with the team.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So, impressions after trying the first Advance Quest:
Tried Forest, soloing it was a pain as a FI/HU especially with the Fang pair (infection lv2) at the end, which massacred me. No rares, 4 type b (desert AQ) capsules, 8? or so wind crystals.
Monsters hit really hard and going there as a melee class without a party felt like a waste of time for me.

At least I've bought the new Araoh parts!

Blueblur1

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the systems and mechanics, I have to admit that the dev team has been cranking out a lot of cool looking content.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sounds like you guys are having a blast on Ship 2. I used to play on Ship 2, but I moved over to Ship 6 to play with my coworkers. Ship 2 seemed pretty deserted whenever I played.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm not sure if that's a new field, using google translator for the caption, it apparently says "It seems I can relax." It could be some sort of new lobby, maybe?

Either way, thank you for sharing. ^^
Maybe you're right, when I posted it I was pretty sure that Sakai wrote about an "area that will be added in future", but there's nothing like that written there, lol.

ezodagrom

Maybe you're right, when I posted it I was pretty sure that Sakai wrote about an "area that will be added in future", but there's nothing like that written there, lol.
Seems like it may actually be a team room design, I posted this in the bumped shoutbox:
I don’t think it’s a new field, I think it’s very likely a new team room design.
A few weeks ago, an icon from that “area” was found through datamining, it looks like an icon from a my room scenery, but it’s in a different section.
In the PSO2 2013 road map there’s an expansion for team room features planned for late march.
In the team page, there’s a line about team room design which is currently not used.
Putting these 3 things together, it’s very possible that the picture is from a new team room design.

Also someone else posted this picture from the team room ship in the comments:

teamroomblender.JPG

It looks like the ship that is in the hot springs picture.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Seems like it may actually be a team room design, I posted this in the bumped shoutbox:

Also someone else posted this picture from the team room ship in the comments:

teamroomblender.JPG

It looks like the ship that is in the hot springs picture.
Yeah, saw that comment.
Good find and that ship really looks like the one on the screenshot.

Parfait

Sneak peak of the new field:
55ZLZsT.jpg

The only mobs on this map will be baka hentais.

Still, this looks great and every day that goes by without a western announcement is a day I am cry. There's just so many neat systems and stuff over PSU, which I really liked too but will never get to play anymore :(

Good thing they've added premium space to the blocks.

I sort of wish premium space behaved differently in that people who enter a premium slot stay in premium space so that it is still possible to hammer into a full block as a non-premium user. Having premium is almost a prerequisite to entering populated blocks now, otherwise you get relegated to the ghetto.

ezodagrom

New list of demands from players to be addressed in the future. It includes 10* weapon and units trading (possibly premium only?), more Hunter rebalancing (something related to Fury and Guard Stance), parallel areas having a chance to appear after the end boss of a quest is defeated?, offering skill tree resets when they add new skills to the skill tree, something about titles (dunno what is the demand though), something about the exp penalty, and something about grinding equipment.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=1036

Posted the list of labels for the PC/Vita shared blocks in the Vita topic, I guess I'll post them here too (and also the labels for PC exclusive blocks).

PC Blocks:
B001 and B002 - Beginner
B003 and B004 - Normal Mode
B005 to B008 - Hard Mode
B009 to B014 - Very Hard Mode
B015 - Forest VH
B016 - Caves VH
B017 - Desert VH
B018 - Tundra VH
B019 and B020 - Tunnels VH
B021 and B022 - Skyland VH
B023 and B024 - Ruins VH
B025 and B026 - Time Attack Mode
B027 to B032 - Advance Quests
B033 to B035 - Free Style Blocks
B036 - I'm not completely sure, but I think this may be a Premium block

PC and Vita shared blocks:
B201 and B202 - Beginner
B203 to B205 - Normal Mode
B206 to B208 - Hard Mode
B209 to B211 - Very Hard Mode
B212 - Time Attack Mode
B213 and B214 - Advance Quests
B215 - Solo Block
B216 - Chat Block
B217 and B218 - Free Style Blocks

If you're not a premium user you don't even see premium blocks on the list, and the location for anyone on your friends list in one will be blank.

Does anyone know how to buy Webmoney from within Japan? I have a friend willing to buy for me but he was unable to find out how; apparently it isn't a matter of just walking into a konbini and buying a prepaid card.

ezodagrom

If you're not a premium user you don't even see premium blocks on the list, and the location for anyone on your friends list in one will be blank.
I am a premium user, I have no idea if free users can see block 36 or not (if it is a premium block, I guess they can't). ^^;

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

Does anyone know how to buy Webmoney from within Japan? I have a friend willing to buy for me but he was unable to find out how; apparently it isn't a matter of just walking into a konbini and buying a prepaid card.
But it is! You use the machine for various payments/code cards and buy it. He can ask someone working in the store to help him, shouldn't take longer than a few minutes.

fader

so is there a enlglish patch for this game that wont lock you out the server? or do you pretty much play with the japanese on. i really want to play this game and is getting impatient with sega...

Top Bottom