• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

just created my account. Downloading the client now. Already snagged the english patches and story patches. Now I wait. so stoked i finally got that captcha lol

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bought the Expert Guide today. Hopefully I will learn a few new things from it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So far the most interesting pieces of information I've read were:
- mag has a 3% chance of triggering the resurrection ability (if it has it, of course)
- Iron Will has 75% chance of triggering on skill level 10

I'm hearing that this week's maintenance will occur one hour early, so the servers will be going down at 9 PM EDT on Tuesday (tomorrow).

antitrop

I don't know what this message means, when I try to create a new character. I just installed the game and logged in.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's because I had a character on Ship 09 from last Summer, where the original English language group was. Now that it's on Ship 02 is it possible to delete that character and make one on Ship 02 for free? I can put together that the error message I posted probably related to me not having enough spacebucks to make a 2nd character.

EDIT 2: I'm all good now.

AC消費コンテンツ
キャラクターを追加で作成するには、
「キャラクター作成権」が必要です。

・キャラクターは「シップ」単位で保存されます。

・作成したキャラクターでプレイするには、
 次回も同じシップにログインしてください。

500ACで「キャラクター作成権」を購入しますか?

所持AC:0
作成可能数:あと 11体 (全シップ合計12体まで)

Well I made it through the first like mission, then im on the ship. and super confused.

edit: yo anti, i pm'd you a character deletion thread from somewhere. We should play when you get on, cause im lost haha

antitrop

Are there any kind of special screenshot features, like a way to remove the HUD and all UI elements?

EDIT: I found the screenshot options (file type, UI elements On/Off) but I actually can't find the key for taking the screenshot. Looked through the entire config.

Also, thank based God for Nvidia Inspector, because the in-game AA is non-existent and I can't select any resolution options higher than 1080p.

EDIT 2: Screenshot is just PrntScrn, haha.

where do you even set the resolution? have no idea how.

p.s. just started a part on block 24 called gaf pw believe for the first mission. im in love again :DDDDDDDD

antitrop

The English patches are in the OP, a little over 1GB.

It's manageable, but not completely translated. It requires a bit of intuition.

antitrop

I would skip this story if an official US release anyway. My God... these characters, this dialogue. ESCAPE ESCAPE ESCAPE!

antitrop

For those of you interested in downsampling, you can force custom resolutions by editing the user.pso2 in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 with Notepad. Unfortunately, the UI scales with the resolution. Wouldn't go too high...

This is downsampled from 3840x2160 with 4x MSAA injected.

http://i.minus.com/diiM7n3MgLHLc/pso20130408_211248_000.png
pso20130408_211248_000.png

Still got locked 50fps at the refresh rate, but the UI is so tiny as to be unplayable. A shame...

For those of you interested in downsampling, you can force custom resolutions by editing the user.pso2 in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 with Notepad. Unfortunately, the UI scales with the resolution. Wouldn't go too high...

Still got locked 50fps at the refresh rate, but the UI is so tiny as to be unplayable. A shame...

Isn't there an option to scale the UI in the launcher? Can that be manipulated?

Delays to bring this over to the west make me a sad panda =(

I already gotten my PSO2 fix from the JP beta and now I just want a full english release to enjoy it fully.

I wonder if people are still using my Nyancat symbol art.

Delays to bring this over to the west make me a sad panda =(

I already gotten my PSO2 fix from the JP beta and now I just want a full english release to enjoy it fully.

I wonder if people are still using my Nyancat symbol art.

You'll never enjoy an English release fully because at this point it will be launching with a ridiculously large content gap from where JP is. It's literally 5x the game it was during beta, no way a brand new server will be starting up with this much content out of the gate.

You'll never enjoy an English release fully because at this point it will be launching with a ridiculously large content gap from where JP is. It's literally 5x the game it was during beta, no way a brand new server will be starting up with this much content out of the gate.

I'm not about the content though, I just want to play it in english fully. It's primarily just playing through the quests and knowing what the hell is going on and experiencing it firsthand knowing whats going on without a guide or whatnot..

If I was about the content I'd load up PSO2 right now.

antitrop

I have found 2880x1620 with 8x MSAA injected and the UI scaling set to 1.5 to be optimal for my playing experience.

Also, forcing Vsync on through Inspector was a must, as there is no in-game option for it.

I'm not about the content though, I just want to play it in english fully. It's primarily just playing through the quests and knowing what the hell is going on and experiencing it firsthand knowing whats going on without a guide or whatnot..

If I was about the content I'd load up PSO2 right now.

There's a story translation patch linked in the OP, so no need to wait. Content refers to story too, matterboard 8 completed a story arc and episode 2 is launching soon.

There's a story translation patch linked in the OP, so no need to wait. Content refers to story too, matterboard 8 completed a story arc and episode 2 is launching soon.

Now it's really tempting...

But I'll wait to see what Sega does first regarding the western release. As long as I have my JP account I can always drop in anytime and throw in patches. May seem crazy but I do want to support any attempt at a western release of the game, even if it's nothing close to the original JP release.

Spazznid

I seem to remember using SGSSAA for this game, or do you not wish to use it/ not able?

My LOD setting is a bit off, so excuse the slight blurriness in these shots, but SGSSAA and AO are working.

Wonko_C

Now it's really tempting...

But I'll wait to see what Sega does first regarding the western release. As long as I have my JP account I can always drop in anytime and throw in patches. May seem crazy but I do want to support any attempt at a western release of the game, even if it's nothing close to the original JP release.

After the announced delay I said screw it. At this rate I'm betting it will not be released until 2014, then be shutdown in less than two years because of the high competition against other PC MMOs will probably make it bomb.

I guess I'll check out the localization once they finish it, that is if they don't decide to outright cancel the game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I should be online for the next ~40 minutes, so if anyone wants a team invite, write you character and player names and number of the block you're in currently.

Wonko_C

Surprised to see people playing this at this time. Why can't you guys be on at amurican time D:

It's 11:35pm over here, I didn't get to play much during the day, I'm in a foul mood, I want to play at least a few minutes now, so I logged in... only to quickly alt+tab to post in GAF. What. am. I. doing.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So the live show's about to start right? I can't load it up; I keep getting a page selling the Nico Nico Premium subscription to me.

Link for those who aren't aware: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv132599897
Room is full, try clicking the link (refreshing the error page doesn't work). I was kicked 2 times, but am on again. If something interesting pops up, I'll post it here.

Edit:
News from the livestream:
- PSO Sympathy 2013 Concert CD on sale in September. Same special items as those which came with the concert ticket.
- Trailer was shown:
a) Butler Maid Teatime Scratch- AC scratch with Butler, Maid and Kuna's costumes.
b) New time attack - Dragon Altar with lots of gimmicks and Kyatadoran, Kyatadoransa, Quartz Dragon appearing in 30 second intervals at the end. 3 bosses at once if you can't kill them fast enough, lol.
- Collaborations with Shining games incoming in May
- Collaboration with Seventh Dragon 2020 II - PSO2 costume will be added to the game, SD2020II PV will be shown on the in-game screens after tomorrow's update
- "Sega Collaboration" lobby in June, celebrating Sonic's birthday
- The mid-boss in Dragon's Den summons Vol Dragon only for a short attack, it's not like you're fighting 2 bosses at once. It seems that you can defeat the Vol, but it doesn't drop anything. Looks like it sometimes summon the rare Vol as well.

Screencaps:

Top Bottom