• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

How deep is the GAF team right now?

I really want to move on from my current team. I feel I'm very tolerant of other people, but I can't deal with all the dumb high school drama. I just like to play, and when I do, I try to play well.

Coxy

pretty short trailers but some interesting stuff, looks like some kinda swamp area? Jungle/tropical planet?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Episode 2 trailer was just the keywords we've heard before plus some character artwork. They've shown a beach field (?) in the background and I was able to catch a screenshot:
i1IumRLTBOkXD.jpg
Screenshots from the May update video, showing a new area (time attack? new field?) and a glimpse at the Phantom Tower, which is supposed to be a survival mode iirc. "Extra quest" is what they've called it.
Last screenshot is from a golden week campaign you have to type かまのぼり or 「かまのぼり」 (probably the first one) in the local chat before 04.17 to get the Koi nobori (Carp streamer) accessory and 5x +50% xp boosters!

antitrop

So I played for about 4 hours last night, made a Human Ranger and got him up to Level 4.

This game feels like a real sequel to Phantasy Star Online and that is impressive. The first game is one of my fondest teenage memories. I used to skip high school all the time to grind away the hours in PSO and this brings back those memories, in a good way. Not a way like PSU that destroys everything everyone loved.

I can see myself investing some heavy time into this Japanese version and then double-dipping for the western release, hopefully later this year.

I've been looking for a game like this.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How deep is the GAF team right now?

I really want to move on from my current team. I feel I'm very tolerant of other people, but I can't deal with all the dumb high school drama. I just like to play, and when I do, I try to play well.
If you're asking how "serious" we are, I think 99% or 100% of the team plays for fun. Don't remember any internal conflicts since we started to be honest. No one is making you do team orders or anything like that. As for active people, there's usually 1-8 people online, so we're not one of the super active teams.

Edit:
If someone wants an invite from me you have about 1,5 hour before I go to bed, so get to it!

If you're asking how "serious" we are, I think 99% or 100% of the team plays for fun. Don't remember any internal conflicts since we started to be honest. No one is making you do team orders or anything like that. As for active people, there's usually 1-8 people online, so we're not one of the super active teams.

I play for fun, don't get me wrong.

What is the average level on the gaf team? Is it H, or VH?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I play for fun, don't get me wrong.

What is the average level on the gaf team? Is it H, or VH?
The most active group has more than one class on 55, but there's a lot of new members, which are normal-hard.

Edit:
All the screenshots and videos are now on bumped.

Edit2:
I'm going to clear the Team a bit, starting with people from the list in the previous thread. If you're playing but you find yourself removed, my fault, contact me and I'll add you again. No hard feelings!

kiryogi

Banned
So I played for about 4 hours last night, made a Human Ranger and got him up to Level 4.

This game feels like a real sequel to Phantasy Star Online and that is impressive. The first game is one of my fondest teenage memories. I used to skip high school all the time to grind away the hours in PSO and this brings back those memories, in a good way. Not a way like PSU that destroys everything everyone loved.

I can see myself investing some heavy time into this Japanese version and then double-dipping for the western release, hopefully later this year.

I've been looking for a game like this.

PSU did not destroy everything. It actually evolved the combat from the stiffness that was PSO. The music isn't PSO caliber either, it's a mix of the two if anything.

Though the Darker Den and Mines music is probably some of my favorite music in the series. It's rather unfortunate though that there are no Tricktrack tier songs in PSO2.

What's excited me the most out of today's broadcast has to be that we're finally getting some variety in the quest structure. The Arks Quests -> Free Field forever -> Occasionally doing Advanced Quests loop was starting to get a little stale. With any luck, the Tower will be an actual challenge.

antitrop

I don't even know about the music, first thing I did in Options for PSO2 was turn the music off and find a good Pandora station or a gaming podcast. As I usually do for "grinding" games.

Wonko_C

It's been gnawing at me for awhile, but I was reminded awhile ago about how PSU's music was more adventure themed than the mysterious/forbidden aura that PSO gave off. PSO2 still continues the adventure likeness for the most part, except that it's at least dynamic now.

IE:

PSO Ruins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irqogIOQ8vk

PSO2 Ruins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMdjIeJaPs

Some of the music is still like in PSO, Naberius Forest is practically a remix of Ragol's Forest.

I don't even know about the music, first thing I did in Options for PSO2 was turn the music off and find a good Pandora station or a gaming podcast. As I usually do for "grinding" games.

I can understand doing this once you pretty much know how all the music goes, but I'd never do this to a game I've not played before. It arguably hurts your situational awareness a bit as well since the music reacts to what's happening, sometimes before any other cues.

Ferr986

what a bad teaser of Episode 2...and the Shining stuf.... it seems like they care the most about doing outfits.

Tower looks really cool though. Hope you dont need lots of capsules of paying insane amounts of money (for a non premium member) to enter.

what a bad teaser of Episode 2...and the Shining stuf.... it seems like they care the most about doing outfits.

Tower looks really cool though. Hope you dont need lots of capsules of paying insane amounts of money (for a non premium member) to enter.

Well, they -do- need to do things to monetize the game, and clothes are a huge chunk of the game's economy.

YEah, the Tower/Extreme questing looks pretty damn cool.

PSO2 goes back on my front burner in a couple of weeks. Hope to be back online more often and not fall too far behind :x

Ferr986

Well, they -do- need to do things to monetize the game, and clothes are a huge chunk of the game's economy.

Yeah, I guess is just that I dont get how people waste so much on outfits.

Im still rocking with the Hunter outfit. It still looks the coolest IMO :p

for some reason, outfits are super-popular in this game.

we have a few females on our team that would rather spend 8 mill on an outfit than purchasing some decent gear :/

to each their own...

Outfits are the best. Shame you can only get them through what is basically gambling.

It's actually well covered under Japan's gambling laws. The original scratch system in closed beta had prizes that were only awarded if you won every other prize available, but this was made illegal before beta ended so this system never saw real money put into it.

Honestly though, as long as you're willing to go premium and either do a -little- scratching or do a lot of grinding, it doesn't take much to earn enough capital to buy whatever you want in rotating fashion.

Reknoc

It's actually well covered under Japan's gambling laws. The original scratch system in closed beta had prizes that were only awarded if you won every other prize available, but this was made illegal before beta ended so this system never saw real money put into it.

Honestly though, as long as you're willing to go premium and either do a -little- scratching or do a lot of grinding, it doesn't take much to earn enough capital to buy whatever you want in rotating fashion.

Hmm, I still don't like it but I guess I don't really blame them for doing it that way if they can.

Just gotta lump it I suppose, shame the current stuff will be gone by pay day.

Data mining info for anyone who wants to spoil themselves a bit on Episode 2:
The new planet has Seaside and Seabed areas, as well as a boss labeled Oarfish. Possibly a De Rol Le type boss?
Either the new type of Darker is bird type or the new planet has bird creatures.
The extreme quest is the Tower. Falz Elder and his arms can appear, most likely with their rare variants.
There's a third Lilipa area, but it is just known as Lilipa3 internally so we don't know what it is. The towers are the only other part of Lilipa left that I can think of, but there's a new emergency code where you protect Lilipan homes and I wouldn't think they'd live there.
One new class is listed but nameless. Katanas and Compound Bows are weapons it can use. There could always be more weapons and classes but so far those are the only ones in the data.
Frog rappies, but you knew that.
A collaboration boss with Border Break. I think it's called Cougar? Don't remember. It seems to be in the Lilipa3 area.

Apologies if this is old news!

Reknoc

mmm (episode:2)
seabed sound exciting, love a good underwater area.
I really need to get out of Tundra.

What's the little Red/Blue circle that closes around you when you attack mean? What's the timing?

its for JUST attacks. If you time it when its red, it will make a distinct sound and give you nice damage boost.

basically, you should be hitting when its red, almost always

antitrop

Do you mean the prepatch? That's been up since last week. The actual required patch shouldn't be up until the servers go down in just over two hours.
Well, I'm downloading something that I didn't have to download an hour ago...

usau93Ll.jpg

EDIT: Fuck, everything is in Japanese again...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Data mining info for anyone who wants to spoil themselves a bit on Episode 2:
The new planet has Seaside and Seabed areas, as well as a boss labeled Oarfish. Possibly a De Rol Le type boss?
Either the new type of Darker is bird type or the new planet has bird creatures.
The extreme quest is the Tower. Falz Elder and his arms can appear, most likely with their rare variants.
There's a third Lilipa area, but it is just known as Lilipa3 internally so we don't know what it is. The towers are the only other part of Lilipa left that I can think of, but there's a new emergency code where you protect Lilipan homes and I wouldn't think they'd live there.
One new class is listed but nameless. Katanas and Compound Bows are weapons it can use. There could always be more weapons and classes but so far those are the only ones in the data.
Frog rappies, but you knew that.
A collaboration boss with Border Break. I think it's called Cougar? Don't remember. It seems to be in the Lilipa3 area.

Apologies if this is old news!
Great leaks, thanks! For some reason the thing I'm excited the most is
the Border Break boss[/img], lol.

usau93Ll.jpg

This is weird, I just started PSO2 and nothing downloaded.

Yeah, just started and no download. Looks like something detected your game files weren't synced (because of the patch) and the game fixed it.

Top Bottom