• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: “We want you to hear the games first, not our console.”

J____Av

Well Forza Horizon and Ori have never been mediocre, but you do you.

When your two most (and really only) acclaimed titles are a racing game and an indie game, thats a problem. Hopefully the new studios turn out some great games because as far as games go, this was a really bad gen for Microsoft.

TLZ

Banned
I wanted to laugh, but you or whoever made that edit took it out of context and made it something it totally isn't. Phil's clearly saying it's not about the console or the executives this time, it's just about the games and that's what we're only going to hear about. That loud console joke doesn't fit here at all. That's some desperate reaching.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Phil ..

No one will hear your console because there are no games honey .. now just show the games so can people hear and know what is Xbox

heeheehee
”honey”?

You tried sister.

hurhurhurh

Last edited:

Kerotan

Imagine how humble he'd be if sales were reversed and Xbox was destroying the ps4. Small man syndrome at it's finest.

bender

What time is it?
That game sharing dig from the launch of the previous generation must have ether'ed some Microsoft Executive's souls.

Lol, No other Game has been soooooo quiet tbh. Do you have a pro?

In God of war it was screaming, It was very quiet with Tlou2

TLOU2 is quiet for you?

How?

My OG PS4 screams at the top of its lungs whenever I play that game, and that's the first i've heard it sound that badly since I had it.

Days Gone comes second, but that felt normal. TLOU2 definitely takes the case for the loudest my PS4 has ever been.

Zoro7

Banned
lol...I like how Sony fans tend to say the Same thing in lots of various threads....

btw. One of the best racing games this gen are Xbox exclusives (forza and fh, you have got games like halo, halo wars, ori to name few, worth noting that ms offers a good variety of games), don’t get me wrong Sony 1st party output is excellent, but it is not like there are no good games that Are exclusive to Xbox. It all depends on your preferences.

Your idea of variety is naming Halo twice lol.

Shin

Banned
I think it's a diss to Sony for their history of having slightly audible consoles in the past.
As a hardware manufacturer who's core business is related to audio, they haven't learned a thing it seems despite all those consoles.
Here we have the PS5 GPU that will run at max 2.23GHz, if it's not the noise then it will be the lifespan of the console that will be shortened.

ZywyPL

Banned
How this thread got derailed into PS4 fan noise discussion so quickly?... He clearly meant that the games will do the talking, instead of the spreadsheet specs, that's all lol.

BigLee74

Way too many snowflakes in this forum! A guy can't even make an innocent joke.

In the interest of fairness, my Xbox One X gets pretty damn loud in certain games. Annoyingly so.

How this thread got derailed into PS4 fan noise discussion so quickly?... He clearly meant that the games will do the talking, instead of the spreadsheet specs, that's all lol.
Some are very sensitive to anything that could be perceived as a SONY slight. The context of Phil's statement doesn't really matter I FEEL like its about SONY so I must attack. It's pretty simple actually.

JasonVA

The marketing from Xbox has been embarrassing since the xbox one launch days. I don't think there is a single person at xbox that has realised gamers want fresh new ips to get excited about that they need to make exclusive to xbox

In my view (having done the thermal paste that provided only temporary results) the way the heatsink is attached to a flexible metal casing that is the length and breadth of the console itself, and this is screwed down on top of the chip, instead of the heatsink itself being secured directly onto the chip, is why the cooling is so bad, and noise so random/luck based. There is no way this is a great connection, especially seeing some PC solutions.

PS5 has fixed this design flaw though by moulding the case in the shape of a vulva.

Last edited:

XboxFan

Banned
Come on guys, you know this is a given. No need to hate on Spencer for telling the truth, xbox consoles have always ran quiet...theres no games to put into them. Its easy to run a console quiet when you don't have games to put in. Hail Spencer

Last edited:
Come on guys, you know this is a given. No need to hate on Spencer for telling the truth, xbox consoles have always ran quiet...theres no games to put into them. Its easy to run a console quiet when you don't have games to put in. Hail Spencer
Username to post correlation undeniable.

Top Bottom