• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: “We want you to hear the games first, not our console.”

Lol😂😂😂😂 yeah i see you play games.

But fair enough at least you played lie to us 2.

I am on to jedi for now after i canned this game.
oetfESA.png

SUFYcHL.png

hWaKtq7.png

X9cnh4v.png

cYHneyT.png

JosYQrr.png

Yes yes I never said I wasn't a trophy whore 🤷‍♂️ still have played alot long games there bud keep digging

Jtibh

Banned
Yes yes I never said I wasn't a trophy whore 🤷‍♂️ still have played alot long games there bud keep digging
You should have been on the Tester.
You are whore enough to plat no dick for us 2.
You would have been whore enough to land on the tester.

I want a new season. Please apply lol

Jtibh

Banned
Jesus Christ take your stupid trophy wars to DMs and quit derailing.
How much more of ps4 fan fart can we talk about here?
Yes its loud. Yes it heats my house in the winter.
The end.
Wooooh xsx no noise ps4 fighter jet woooh.
Ps5 not knowing how loud but must be at least a tractor.
Wooooh

Some of you need to take better care of your shit ive put a good 50 hours in to tlou2 And my shit is still silent. Its called clean the fucking thing. And im sorry the whole "I can't hear the game over the fan" comment is so fucking false anyone saying that in my opinion is just trying way to fucking hard. The only game that made my pro a lil loud was god of War and at no point did I have to turn the audio up. I'm not sure if you guys have the ps4 in your lap or have the volume at 2 or what.

And again here's good guy Spencer jabbing with bullshit comments when he could you know be jabbing with games o wait.....

And not only that but hes part of a company that had the biggest failure rate of any console EVER really dont have room to talk shit imho

Bull shit. When that Spider-Man Pro came out I bought it and it was loud as fuck from day one, including with Spider-Man, the game it came with. It’s not a matter of keeping your stuff clean or not. I know people who never had a 360 RRoD. I guess those that did just needed to take better care of their shit 😆

Haven't we learned that 10-second clips do not allow for context. While yes it is easy to speculate about the meaning his statement considering the words used and the fact that PS4 is known for being very audible at times, but he literally prefaces that statement with his intentions. Those intentions being that people want to "hear" Xbox speak about their games and less about the hardware running them.
But is way more fun to assume he is attacking PS5 and then we can gin up some XBOX hate! Grrrrrr XBOX /MS grrrrrr!!

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Nah, we have to dig 7 years ago.

Jim Ryan, where you at? Talk some shit!

Yeah, I'm not seeing Ryan vs Phil as a fair fight. Ryan is not really the most articulate, charismatic or humorous guy in the business. Maybe Herman Hulst would be a better matchup or bring back Kaz or better yet fake Kaz! :pie_roffles:

Isa

If that's really the context of the remark than I think its pretty funny. I mean shit my new Pro was so loud in TLoU2 that I had to crank the sound up to hear anything then an explosion would go off and people would think the boogaloo's kicked off. Then I was playing Everybody's Gold last night and stopped for bit to play slap'n'tickle and the fan was so loud and active we had to turn on the AC since it got so hot.

Still, really anticipating the July showing or whenever MS finally pulls back the curtain.

ANIMAL1975

So why make a "noisy PS4" joke now? The PS5 is months away from being released.
Maybe because of TLOU2 and Gost of Tsushima just around the corner, both ramping up ps4s crazy jets.
Meanwhile our lucky xbox bros get to enjoy their third party multiplats in their silent sistems.

On other news, If he's actually referring to hearing games, as in: having first party games to play... then that looks more like a jab at Xbox Studios, and a compliment to SIEs steady flow of releases _ first Dreams, now TLOU2, and next month GoT

pasterpl

Really funny this considering the Xbox is notorious for not having decent exclusives.
What does he want you to hear exactly?

lol...I like how Sony fans tend to say the Same thing in lots of various threads....

btw. One of the best racing games this gen are Xbox exclusives (forza and fh, you have got games like halo, halo wars, ori to name few, worth noting that ms offers a good variety of games), don’t get me wrong Sony 1st party output is excellent, but it is not like there are no good games that Are exclusive to Xbox. It all depends on your preferences.

Grinchy

Banned
I hope this was a dig at console noise. I think it's way more fun when the manufacturers are shit-talking each other. SEGA does what Nintendon't and all.

The whole, "We all love each other and congratulate each other's successes" schtick is played out. Let's get back to the war.

GHG

Yeah, I'm not seeing Ryan vs Phil as a fair fight. Ryan is not really the most articulate, charismatic or humorous guy in the business. Maybe Herman Hulst would be a better matchup or bring back Kaz or better yet fake Kaz! :pie_roffles:

This situation calls for Crazy Ken.

vUm5nqJ.jpg

The man was the ultimate dream seller, Phil doesn't stand a chance.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Dude's not wrong. I had to keep the window open and have a fan blowing towards my PS3 just to progress in TLOU without it overheating. I was actually mad they didn't delay it to December or something at the time.

Alphagear

He is right, you won't hear a console which has nothing to play on it.

Just kidding. Dont think he meant it that way but saying the focus is games.

Xsx despite being an exceptional piece of hardware will not sell without decent exclusive games.

Last edited:

J____Av

It almost did even with a clueless idiot like Don Mattrick running the show.

They definitely can beat Sony with a faster console and 15 inhouse studios pumping out AAA hits.

Don't be delusional. The Xbox brand is the weakest its been in a really long time. They can turn things around next gen, but it would take a MASSIVE PS3 level fuck up from Sony for Xbox to have a chance. The Playstation brand and first party team is way too strong. Honestly even if Xbox fixed their first party problem (which remains to be seen) the gap between the two is very likely to be bigger than last gen. Power has never mattered when it comes to sales. The most powerful console has never won a gen before

I hope Xbox does great next gen. I had a 360 and an OG Xbox and loved them. But they have close to no chance in the sales war

Rikoi

The reasons why Xbox will never win are simple:
Playstation got better exclusives, and you can't find them on PC.
With PC gaming expanding and Microsoft publishing their games on PC too, way less people will need an Xbox to play them.
They need to pull out some top tier games and maybe some console exclusives to have a chance to compete in sales.

Last edited:
Top Bottom