• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: announcement this week

MS mgmt sucks so bad they couldn't even pull off their Sarah Bond fall girl announcement. Now people might actually be upset at their godking Phil fathead Spencer.

tommycronin

HNQSS7y.gif

Del_X

Giving up is cool as hell. This is like firing your entire fan base over being cringe. Exclusives before this? Zero. Exclusives after? Zero.

This changes nothing except MSFTs bottom line.

I'm interested in hearing Riky Riky and DarkMage619 DarkMage619 thoughts ....
  1. Xbox doesn't need to charge $70
  2. Gamepass only needs Xbox and Pc to grow
  3. Xbox doesn't care about console sells
  4. A Series S and X strategy will not hurt next gen
  5. Redfall was just a over sight
  6. "this year will be different"

All these excuses and more ..... I just can't wait to see how Phill will spin this now. Wouldn't be surprised if Sarah Bond is the one to deliver the final blow and Phil announces his retirement and rides off into the sunset

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Hey Blinkin

My guess is that they go with the leaked all digital console and will do so going forward and some "1st party" games will release 1st on it and Gamepass, but everything they have will eventually be available elsewhere.

Digital only Xbox will be much cheaper to mass produce allowing for a lower cost entry point.

midnightAI

I'm interested in hearing Riky Riky and DarkMage619 DarkMage619 thoughts ....
  1. Xbox doesn't need to charge $70
  2. Gamepass only needs Xbox and Pc to grow
  3. Xbox doesn't care about console sells
  4. A Series S and X strategy will not hurt next gen
  5. Redfall was just a over sight
  6. "this year will be different"

All these excuses and more ..... I just can't wait to see how Phill will spin this now. Wouldn't be surprised if Sarah Bond is the one to deliver the final blow and Phil announces his retirement and rides off into the sunset

Season 9 No GIF by The Office
You forgot GamePass is profitable

Nydius

I'll be honest, in a way I feel bad for Phil. Clearly the decisions have been made and the Xbox bosses likely wanted to control the timing and narrative of the announcements to mitigate the backlash. But now there's a million fires from leaks and no amount of control will fix the damage done (and will continue to do for another week). If he confirms them, he's going to get blasted. If he backpedals, he's going to get blasted. Trust is completely evaporated. It's a pretty shit situation to be in all around.

Last edited:
That confirms it.

If Xbox were going third-party then Phil would have said so in the tweet.

Next week they'll announce two or three games are going to PS and Nintendo, and that's it. No Starfield or Halo on Playstation etc.

Everyone was making a mountain out of a molehill.

Wrong way around -- if they were not going third party, he would come out and level some assurances to fans and everyone else that all this is BS. Being intentionally vague and referring to a big business event leans it closer to being the opposite, that what we're hearing is the truth. Microsoft going third party would be the biggest news in this industry in 20 years since Sega did, it won't be dropped in a tweet, lol.

Top Bottom