• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: announcement this week

freefornow

Give Up GIF by STARZ

I'm nobody

He will tell you Xbox is here to stay it will never die
Everyone will be eating a hat or something six inches long next possible Phil's again

Mitsurux

You would think from purely a PR perspective that you would want to squash these rumors, because unlike in the past they seem to be coming from multiple sources (and building traction) etc.

Unless he cannot talk about it (or squash them) as the rumors are to close to the actual truth to what they are planning to announce.

The fact that the announcement is taking place at a "Business Update" and not some more game related named event, is something to be of note.

It shall be interesting....

Nonehxc

Square Enix CEO breathing a sigh of relief right now that his company won't actually have to do anything.
There's probably a 'Xbox downfallness milestone' being missed somewhere at Square Enix and a bunch of developers and suits aren't gonna get their bonuses. 😔

dottme

Yep, the week is going to be hard for XBox.
But they better be clear in their meeting or rumor will interpret any possible opening.

Seriously where did this whole rat thing come from? Is it a abandon ship type of thing?

Nydius

What a trailer that was!

These were the glory days. They were on fire back then and a great machine, even though I went through 3 360s due to RROD. Fond memories of the 360 and playing COD in to the small hours on Xbox live.

I loved that original GOW trailer, but my favorite of the entire X360 era was the massive Halo 3 Believe campaign that Bungie did with this ad, plus the full diorama reveal, and then all the "future history" mockumentaries they released. Such good stuff back then.

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for Chopin.

havoc00

That tweet is definitely confirming it, business update says it all.

I still think this was a decision made last Holiday, I also believe still it comes from Microsoft, in the emails Phil was all in on exclusivity and out of nowhere decided to make all Zenimax titles exclusive to what looked like the annoyance of his CFO, Lmao.

Plus if it was long term, they simply would have told the FTC/CMA...Or the FTC/CMA would have found it out when they gathered thousands of emails from Microsoft. So it's very evident that this decision was made Holiday 2023. Something broke, I'm curious what it was. Probably after ABK the number crunchers came in since Xbox has big responsibilities on its shoulders now.

"We're listening and hear you". JFC, how many times has that line been recited by Phil over the years and it seems like Xbox never learns or truly doesn't listen😂. Will say, no matter what the news is or how bad it is, it will be a glorious day for meltdowns

Top Bottom