• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: announcement this week

Ar¢tos

My predictions for today

Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment drop onto PS store and Nintendo store today.

Suprise drops of Halo MCC, Halo Infinite and Forza on Playstation store also tonight.

Confirms more titles will be coming to PS5 and "Nintendo Systems" this year.

Microsoft also announce their Xbox handheld. 15 inch OLED screen, has the power of a Series S and with a 8 hour battery life. Called the Xbox Mini.

Releases end of 2025 for £200.
15 inch, 8h battery for 250€?
LMAO!
It would weigh 4kg and be sold at 200$ loss! (if not more)

twilo99

What are we expecting?
Tantrums? Wailing?
Account suicides? (here and Twitter/Era)

I think I'll keep Era open, their tears will taste better!

Massive celebrations across Sony fanboyz calling for the imminent death of the Xbox brand, or at least the death of Xbox hardware, which seems to be the immediate concern for most of them.

Orgasmic behavior will be observed across multiple GAF threads.

Complete meltdown of the Xbox fanboyz as their brand based egos get crushed into oblivion, mainly because their “club” isn’t exclusive anymore. Xbox “ ambassadors” will likely go into permanent retirement with no compensation from the trillion dollar company.

Ar¢tos

Massive celebrations across Sony fanboyz calling for the imminent death of the Xbox brand, or at least the death of Xbox hardware, which seems to be the immediate concern for most of them.

Orgasmic behavior will be observed across multiple GAF threads.

Complete meltdown of the Xbox fanboyz as their brand based egos get crushed into oblivion, mainly because their “club” isn’t exclusive anymore. Xbox “ ambassadors” will likely go into permanent retirement with no compensation from the trillion dollar company.
Probably, but needless.
Xbox 1st party games coming to Playstation will open the door for Playstation GaaS games to go to Xbox.
So it's basically a trade.
I'm more interested in the forum drama than the announcements! 😛

RoadHazard

Gold Member
YouTube stream not up yet. But this should be at 21:00 CET, yes?

(Using GMT is dumb, it's used by like one country. CET is used by most of Europe.)

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Probably, but needless.
Xbox 1st party games coming to Playstation will open the door for Playstation GaaS games to go to Xbox.
that would be incredible dumb for PS, unless Xbox gains a substantially more market share.

Mr.Phoenix

Probably, but needless.
With the exception to those that already are on Xbox (Destiny), why do you think PS GAAS will go to Xbox, when sony already releases them day 1 on PC?

Why? Why do you expect sony to care for the odd 25M Xbox user base, when MS doesn't even care about them?

Anyways, that would be the most stupid thing Sony could do, the only trade here, is Xbox games for Playstation money.

Last edited:

T-Cake

OMG! That's it. The Xbox business decision is to BRING BACK MAJOR NELSON!

Everything's clearly gone to shit since he left.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

With the exception to those that already are on Xbox (Destiny), why do you think PS GAAS will go to Xbox, when sony already releases them day 1 on PC?

Why? Why do you expect sony to care for the odd 25M Xbox user base, when MS doesn't even care about them?

Anyways, that would be the most stupid thing Sony could do, the only trade here, is Xbox games for Playstation money.
Sony says they want to expand multiplatform and they already have pc versions of those games, so porting to Xbox wouldn't be hard, it would keep playerbases populated and it would be extra income.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Sony says they want to expand multiplatform and they already have pc versions of those games, so porting to Xbox wouldn't be hard, it would keep playerbases populated and it would be extra income.
They will not be putting their games on Xbox (though GaaS games maybe). Their tentpole franchises will remain only on their platform and PC. What will happen is more of those games will come to PC and probably at quicker rates.

Mr.Phoenix

Thats not what sony said. And what they said simply means they would likely bring PS exclusives to PC sooner, or ensure they port more of them. There is nothing about what they said, their history, the current state of Xbox...etc, that should make anyone believe they are somehow going to start bringing PS exclusives to Xbox. Even the GAAS titles.

There just isn't enough of a market on the green side to warrant the endeavor. And they basically stand to lose more than they would gain. This is one of those common-sense moments. You gotta ask yourself, what good reason would Sony have to do it?

It's simply in Sony's best interest that people have fewer reasons to buy an Xbox. The last thing they would do is give anyone a reason to do just that.

Last edited:

Z O N E

Halo Infinite to PS.
Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment and Sea of Thieves to PS and Switch.

It makes no sense gatekeeping live service games. They're supposed to be money milkers, so it makes sense to put them everywhere.

We'll see more posts during the podcast if anything else due to it probably being an hour of scripted corporate speak and general wankery.
The podcast will be very polite and a lot of BS from all three, the aftermath will be interesting will all kind of reactions from all the doomers and the likes.

It's not gonna work is it. We'll all be hitting F5 and send the server into an unresponsive panic!
It will be glorious!

Zheph

I doubt I will listen live (the whole thing I mean it obviously won't be live) personally, the PR circus will be at an all time high. A few bullets points in an article after will do the job just fine

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I doubt I will listen live (the whole thing I mean it obviously won't be live) personally, the PR circus will be at an all time high. A few bullets points in an article after will do the job just fine

I'm halfway expecting this is going to a huge waste of time. Phil Spencer and company makes a lot of extremely vague statements such as "every screen is an Xbox" but never really goes into detail of what that means for their games. I doubt we even hear the words "PlayStation" or "Switch".

But.....I've been wrong before so.....

Top Bottom