• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer felt “even better” after knowing the PS5 specs

Jon Neu

Banned
Source: https://www.elotrolado.net/noticias/consolas/phil-spencer-xbox-series-x-precio-ps5

“When he was asked about his reaction to the PS5 architecture presentation, he responds that he felt “even better” about the decisions taken with the Xbox series X.”

“Phil admits to have a blind faith in the team responsible for the Xbox Series X, which is the same team that made the Xbox One X. And is very happy with the perfomance of the new console”.

mADSQXj.jpg

Jon Neu

Banned
Yeah, I’m sure having better hardware will help you lead sales. It’s not like the Xbox has ever been stronger than the Playstation and still got stomped. Oh wait.

Precisely having a weak ass console as the Xbox One it's what made the Xbox brand fail this generation, throwing away all the hardwork and momentum gained with the Xbox and the Xbox 360. After the 360, they were in position to actually be capable to outsell Sony if they didn't fuck it up with the new console, but they did precisely that. They betrayed the Xbox philosophy, they got arrogant and greedy and paid the price.

Returning to what made the Xbox brand great in the first place is the right thing to do.
Thankfully seems like they have learned their lesson.

Precisely having a weak ass console as the Xbox One it's what made the Xbox brand fail this generation, throwing away all the hardwork and momentum gained with the Xbox and the Xbox 360. After the 360, they were in position to actually be capable to outsell Sony if they didn't fuck it up with the new console, but they did precisely that. They betrayed the Xbox philosophy, they got arrogant and greedy and paid the price.

Returning to what made the Xbox brand great in the first place is the right thing to do.

Too bad they picked the wrong generation to shit the bed, the gen where digital sales and services became a defacto standard while also letting your rival sell 110+ million units and ensuring that their follow up is the place to play for many consumers. Way to go MS! *slow clap* Seriously though, everything is fine. XSX is a great system.

Mista

Banned
I just bring reality to the table 🤷‍♂️
You're just repeating words like a parrot for weeks. Like what are you trying to achieve exactly? Do you need to repeat the same thing a thousand times for weeks

Thats an indication of how this stuff got in your head. I just hope you don't go rolling and crying on bed every night. Have a great night and I wish you a speedy recovery

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I just bring reality to the table 🤷‍♂️
Please, some self-awareness. Nobody knows, how PS5 is going to perform with this narrow and fast approach.

You're just repeating words like a parrot for weeks. Like what are you trying to achieve exactly? Do you need to repeat the same thing a thousand times for weeks

Thats an indication of how this stuff got in your head. I just hope you don't go rolling and crying on bed every night. Have a great night and I wish you a speedy recovery
You are on the roll today/tonight : D

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

You sound way more affected by this stuff than me 🤷‍♂️ but the truth will be revealed later this year

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

SleepDoctor

Banned
Funny he also said "im not a fan of the secret sauce" lol.

I just hope we get some old ips brought back as well as new ones. And I want a new splinter cell.

The Shift

Banned
They do matter but Sony developers do more with less is my point and games > flops

Sure, Sony developers might go for graphics over all other videogame attributes - whatever floats your boat. It's all gloss and no substance. Sony Developers can't service my needs - they don't do RTS, 4x Strategy or Shared World Experiences. The most mono-fucking-dimensional developer there is. Must be such a conundrum for you - 'Why, oh why can't these PC/Xbox users see the light and praise almighty Sony Developers'. Fuck outta here with the Sony Developers schtick.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Lol yeah, I know the power difference is even less than this generation and that developers think PS5 is better in different areas
Really?

PS4 - 1.84
Xbox One - 1.3
-------------------------
PS4 - 0.54 more tflops

PS5 - 10.28 (sometimes)
Xbox SeX - 12.2 (always)
-----------------------------------------
Xbox - mininmum 2.0 more tflops

Last edited:

I have always thought the Xbox One was the best thing to happen to Xbox. HDD's used to be proprietary. Netflix and other apps used to locked behind a Gold subscription paywall. I forget a lot of it now, but there used to be so many dumb things about Xbox hardware and services at the end of the 360 era and at the start of this generation that all went away because Xbox had to do something be more friendly to community.

BlueAlpaca

Now Xbox just needs two things:

1) Create more good IP’s.

2) Buy Nintendo.

I'm not sure if 2 was a joke but the idea of microsoft giving nintendo a 200 million budget to make the most badass zelda game would make me buy an xbox on day one. Though Nintendo developers might not want to work for a 'gaijin' company.... Not gonna happen anyway but it's a nice dream. :p

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Oh sorry. Let me fix the math for you.

PS5 - 9.2 (most of the time)
Xbox SeX - 12.2 (always)
-----------------------------------------
Xbox - 3.0 more tflops
Why do you think that's most of the time when that's the exact opposite of what theyve said? They said SOMETIMES it would go a little down. And who said anything about jumping down to 9.2 when he said a couple of percentage points?

Top Bottom