• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: Fewer 3rd party exclusive deals in future; 1st party is the focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you including GOW3 remaster, GEOW remaster, Uncharted Collection but not Rare Replay which has 30 games?

Forgot about Rare Replay to be honest but at the same time, playing that will only do one thing - remind me of how great Rare was back in the SNES/N64 days. Since then, not so much. Great collection though.

Halo is the biggest ip, followed by Gears. and GT7 isn't lunching this fall, which gives xbox exclusive fall racer, then you have a new TR vs a collection, plus Fable and Rare Replay. For fall releases, Microsoft has this, and early 2016 also looks good. Remember, you can play fall releases, year round.

Halo IS Xbox which is why it needs to be a classic and match whichever Halo is considered the franchise's best just like Uncharted 4 needs to match Uncharted 2. If not, it will be seen as a huge letdown and disappointment and that goes for both franchises in my opinion. Even more so with Uncharted since it's supposed to be the series finale.

Gears is awesome but Gears 2 is the best one, not the original. Forza is an excellent racing game but it's still just a racing game. Explained Rare Replay above. To me, Tomb Raider doesn't count because it's not an actual exclusive and to be perfectly honest, I don't see it being better than Uncharted 2 but that's just my own personal opinion. Fable is nowhere to be seen and isn't even a "real" Fable. UGH.

Early 2016 is NOTHING thus far. Name ONE exclusive title that's been confirmed to release in the first three or four months of 2016? Quantum Break isn't coming out early 2016 so forget that one and Scalebound hasn't even had a gameplay video yet so no way in hell is it coming out early 2016. Fable? Probably but meh.

I can play Spring and Summer releases year round too. In fact, I can play any game year round so seriously, what's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom