• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer "Just being honest" Claims Advantage over PS5

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I wouldn’t be surprised at all it was running on a pc, honestly it is like that most likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was rendered out frame by frame on a PC (24fps is a pretty odd real-time framerate). So technically "in-engine" (that engine being UE), but not real-time. And as such, it says absolutely nothing about what the game will really look like.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
What powergap ? Show us .

L9GYssi.jpg
What's hilarious is how memes like this (totally cherry picked to make Halo look bad) is being used to somehow suggest that Series X isn't the more powerful system. Lmao.

You gotta love the extent some people will go to push a narrative, even when they know its patently false. Holy shit, mate.... Lol. Desperate is as desperate does I suppose.

Stay strong warrior.

geordiemp

What's hilarious is how memes like this (totally cherry picked to make Halo look bad) is being used to somehow suggest that Series X isn't the more powerful system. Lmao.

You gotta love the extent some people will go to push a narrative, even when they know its patently false. Holy shit, mate.... Lol. Desperate is as desperate does I suppose.

Stay strong warrior.

Show us something differentiating then warrior.

Phil said tyeh show would show the power of Xbox, so please feel free to link anything.

In fact, show anything that is not running on PC.

Last edited:

GHG

Stay strong warrior.

The bottom right is a press release screenshot from 343.

They cherry picked that.

Unknown?

when I think about the position that we’re in, with the games that we’re going to be able to show and how they’re going to show up, and the hardware advantage that we have, I think we’re in a very good position.
Well this is the guy who honestly thought 2015 was the best lineup in Xbox history. XD Even Xbox fans disagreed with that marketing.

Last edited:

Zato

Banned
This didn't age well.

Indeed, find it funny people (Xbox zealots) think he is some sort of good guy and not a suit like the rest of any of these corporate machines.

Based on his lack of success and the disaster the Series X rollout is beginning to look like, he is incompetent and all the preaching to the choir talks he gives does not make up for a lack of end results.

Best species machine don’t mean shit without the games to back it up. You don’t need the best machine, you need the best games.

Indeed, find it funny people (Xbox zealots) think he is some sort of good guy and not a suit like the rest of any of these corporate machines.

Based on his lack of success and the disaster the Series X rollout is beginning to look like, he is incompetent and all the preaching to the choir talks he gives does not make up for a lack of end results.

Best species machine don’t mean shit without the games to back it up. You don’t need the best machine, you need the best games.
The most anticipated games of the year (cyberpunk and valhalla) will play better on xbox series x. Meanwhile ps5 owners can enjoy godfall and bugsnax :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah the inferior versions of them. Personally when I'm hyped for a once in decade kind of game I want to enjoy it in the best way possibly.

Doesn't mean the games won't be enjoyable on the platform though.

Also if you always want the best version your only option is PC. Doesn't mean the XSX version won't be enjoyable because it's inferior though. Same goes for the PS5 version.

Lambdadelta

Neo Member
The most anticipated games of the year (cyberpunk and valhalla) will play better on xbox series x. Meanwhile ps5 owners can enjoy godfall and bugsnax :messenger_tears_of_joy:
The power diffrence between the two is so miniscule i doubt the resolution will look that much better in xs. I also highly doubt it's gonna "run better". The games will play with the same fps on both consolfe.

Last edited:

Zato

Banned

Ok buddy, see how long that works and let’s see how big a difference that will make (the power discrepancy that is smaller than the gap between Xbox One and PS4)

Sony have the system sellers, as do Nintendo ...... there is a reason they are third.

Of course pc is the best and I would never play anything on a console but thats off topic.

But you were talking about consoles though.

Yeah the inferior versions of them. Personally when I'm hyped for a once in decade kind of game I want to enjoy it in the best way possibly.

The only reason why your saying that is because a flaw was found in your argument.

If you only game on PC and not consoles then why come in to defend the XSX?

It's probably because your planning on buying one.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned

Poor you, you still have flight simulator which is kind of a game and battle toads ❤️

The level diehard fans go to defend this train wreck of a company creating a system tht has no leverage at all (Tht gpu is marginally better yet sonys architecture and ssd is league's better) is amazing. Bad news after bad new and mediocrity for almost a decade. It's crazy when I'll take Godfall over anything shown on Xbox but hey you can play it on pc too 😁

Poor you, you still have flight simulator which is kind of a game and battle toads ❤

The level diehard fans go to defend this train wreck of a company creating a system tht has no leverage at all (Tht gpu is marginally better yet sonys architecture and ssd is league's better) is amazing. Bad news after bad new and mediocrity for almost a decade. It's crazy when I'll take Godfall over anything shown on Xbox but hey you can play it on pc too 😁
But you were talking about consoles though.

The only reason why your saying that is because a flaw was found in your argument.

If you only game on PC and not consoles then why come in to defend the XSX?

It's probably because your planning on buying one.
Becasue I want MS to do well so they can keep making games that come to PC which is my platform. I couldn't care less about Sony because they don't release games on PC apart from a couple of exceptions which were very late anyway. Is this too hard to grasp for you?

Of course I can talk about consoles especially with my software and hardware knowledge surprassing the vast majority of console gamers. I can actually talk about anything I want but I also have a reason to support MS in this race as I explained above.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Poor you, you still have flight simulator which is kind of a game and battle toads ❤

any Sony diehard fans come to most Xbox threads to just make themselves feel more secure. Same with these memes, reality is that most 3rd party games will run better on xbsex (raw gpu advantage). Halo infinite horrible presentation doesnt change that.

funny thing is that Sony fans consider most of Sony exclusives to be the best games ever, and cannot understand someone not liking them, eg. for me these games are just boring (same template used all over again with different story), I have played like 30minutes of Spider-Man on my PS4 pro and stopped as I have got bored, never came back for more (and I consider myself a Spider-Man fan), was simply disappointed, based in this experience, ps5 at launch have no interest for me.

i own both PS4 pro and xbonex and planning to buy both next gen systems (xbsex first/day one and then ps5 when there will be enough interesting games on the system) imo. for couple of generations ms is delivering better hardware than Sony (i know and remember xbone launch but then they have killed it with xbonex), most 3rd party games that people play are running better on Xbox consoles.

What's going to really turn heads is when Valhalla and Cyberpunk look better on ps5...

How?

I mean I understand the advantages the XSX has over the PS5s. So I don't understand why those games will look better on Sonys consoles.

Maybe your making a reference to the streaming of higher quality assets?

pasterpl

What's going to really turn heads is when Valhalla and Cyberpunk look better on ps5...

we have already seen rumours about ps5 struggling with something that is running fine on xbsex (re village), I am sure that lots of these issues will be fixed before the games release but there might be some cutting corners involved to reduce cost of the ports to ps5 of multi platform games

Jaybe

Have they even shown a game running on Xbox Series X yet? Halo was a high-end PC and so much of the July show was CGI. I'm curious if there are production/manufacturing issues. At least they got the controllers out to market.

Gamernyc78

Banned
How?

I mean I understand the advantages the XSX has over the PS5s. So I don't understand why those games will look better on Sonys consoles.

Maybe your making a reference to the streaming of higher quality assets?

Of course he is and you know this. How many times haven't devs stated tht its not just about gpu but architecture in general which points to Sony's console being better? You really ask how? Xbox has a gpu thts marginally better but Sony ps5 architecture including ssd seem leaugues better. You have better systems in ps5 to offload work from the gpu. You still need to ask how?

MrFunSocks

Banned
Have they even shown a game running on Xbox Series X yet? Halo was a high-end PC and so much of the July show was CGI. I'm curious if there are production/manufacturing issues. At least they got the controllers out to market.
You likely haven’t seen a game running on a PS5 production console yet either.

This entire generation you likely never saw a trailer running from a production console either.

It’s hilarious that people don’t understand this isn’t the giant concern that they think it is.

iamvin22

Industry Verified

This entire generation you likely never saw a trailer running from a production console either.

It’s hilarious that people don’t understand this isn’t the giant concern that they think it is.

You do realize that as a company tehy can not hold a publicly viewed press conference and knowingly lie about their products. That is called false advertising and it can lead a company into some deep ass shit. That's why during the Xbox July event at the bottom of each game it says the games are running on PC.

At Sony's event at the bottom of game play videos it states running on a Ps5 devkits. They can't lie about that type of information.

MrFunSocks

Banned
You do realize that as a company tehy can not hold a publicly viewed press conference and knowingly lie about their products. That is called false advertising and it can lead a company into some deep ass shit. That's why during the Xbox July event at the bottom of each game it says the games are running on PC.

At Sony's event at the bottom of game play videos it states running on a Ps5 devkits. They can't lie about that type of information.
Lol You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Again I’ll refer you to the 60fps “captured on a PS4 console” uncharted 4 reveal trailer that naughty dog later admitted was pre rendered using the PS4 as a tender farm.

Or how about the entire PS3 reveal event, Motorstorm and killzone 2 “in game” trailers included?

Last edited:

iamvin22

Industry Verified

Again I’ll refer you to the 60fps “captured on a PS4 console” uncharted 4 reveal trailer that naughty dog later admitted was pre rendered using the PS4 as a tender farm.

Or how about the entire PS3 reveal event, Motorstorm and killzone 2 “in game” trailers included?

Huge difference when you tell your audience that the footage would be gameplay. That uncharted trailer was from out of nowhere. Aaron greenburg went to Twitter and said they learned from their earlier event and promised gameplay

Unknown?

None of those trailers said captured on a console. Heck KZ2 and Motorstorm were intentionally left vague. That said the final game of KZ2 looked better in most aspects.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Show us something differentiating then warrior.

Phil said tyeh show would show the power of Xbox, so please feel free to link anything.

In fact, show anything that is not running on PC.
I dont need to. I'll just leave this here..

(Locked)12>10 (variable)

MrFunSocks

Banned
Huge difference when you tell your audience that the footage would be gameplay. That uncharted trailer was from out of nowhere. Aaron greenburg went to Twitter and said they learned from their earlier event and promised gameplay
No difference at all from the legal point of view you're trying to use.

None of those trailers said captured on a console. Heck KZ2 and Motorstorm were intentionally left vague. That said the final game of KZ2 looked better in most aspects.
Sony spokespeople specifically said they (killzone and motorstorm) were in game when interviewed. The Uncharted 4 trailer literally said "Captured on a playstation 4 console" in giant letters lol.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
It'll be interesting to see if CP 2077 is 4K/60 on XSX and only 1440/60 on PS5 with same textures.
For what reason would that even happen?

Just weeks ago we had a thread full of people saying this with Far Cry 6. Lo & behold that turned out to be patently false.

People were tripping over themselves to justify why the PS5 wouldn't be capable of running a cross gen game at 4k even when reason would dictate that the PS5's specs would be more than capable.

Last edited:

Jokerevo

Banned
Is he supposed to admit defeat or something?

He's supposed to ensure that he doesn't make himself look like a total ass after a month. He's lost all credibility in my eyes and is ultimately just another PR puppet.

He could have said blah blah we're bringing a whole new range of experiences but instead he says...we're in better shape...well Sony isn't actually finished with their announcements and MS is already face down choking on it's blood.

"Sony Two" in action. The belief that Sony NEED to copy every single mistake Microsoft makes.

Sony was even specifically excluding any game that wasn't able to run on a PS5, before the showcase started. Running on PS5 was specifically highlighted before the showcase began.

Still, as i said before, your disbelief is more unintended flattery for what Sony is showing. If you can't believe what they are showing actually run on a PS5, that is more proof that it is next-gen worthy.

Jokerevo

Banned
Some of the people criticising the Xbox showcase are the same people who think 'Bugsnax' and 'Volcano High' were perfectly acceptable part of the Sony show.

If those had been at the Xbox showing we'd be drowning in 'Volcano High' memes by now.

The power gap remains, so it'll be simultaneous release third-party games that tell the tale.

Yeah that was true of this gen too... Lmfao.

The gap was even bigger this gen and absolutely no one gave a flying turd over it. So much so that you even finished 3rd behind the 720p machine lol. The goddamn Switch messed up the XoX. No one cared that Forza looked amazing because people wanted new game experiences. I mean how many more clues does MS need?

You guys really don't get it do you? Even after the great 360 gen it's like...do we need to make more IP? Do we need to buy more studios? Uh... Is it about the games?

I bought a 360 for Dead Rising. It took one game for me to think...yep...I'm playing that now...

You really think the avg Joe is thinking... I'll get 10fps more on XsX playing AC no. 23. He's thinking I can play AC too and I get to play GoW, HZD, Tlou, Uncharted, days gone, bugmuthafkingsnax.

LMFAO

Gamernyc78

Banned
"Sony Two" in action. The belief that Sony NEED to copy every single mistake Microsoft makes.

Sony was even specifically excluding any game that wasn't able to run on a PS5, before the showcase started. Running on PS5 was specifically highlighted before the showcase began.

Still, as i said before, your disbelief is more unintended flattery for what Sony is showing. If you can't believe what they are showing actually run on a PS5, that is more proof that it is next-gen worthy.

Some concerned trolls/doubters didnt believe uncharted 2 and Horizon 1 when they were shown even professionals doubted uncharted 2 fidelity until Naughty Dogs did a live gameplay and maje them eat Frank's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom