• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer "Just being honest" Claims Advantage over PS5

How could he not with these exclusives
vtjou86gppc51.jpg

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yeah, this didn't age well. I really do want to see how well the XSX runs something like Flight Simulator 2020. The specs on PC for recommended aren't all that crazy to be honest. It should be able to do well with it.

Either way... yeah.. see.. this is why saying things like this can easily backfire. Let's say, it's a case of, the games to show just aren't there because the Devs they have now just couldn't get the games ready to be in show-off power shape in time, and need another year or so at least. Bragging doesn't go well in that type of environment. That said, what is the guy suppose to say in his company position.

Last edited:

njean777

Is Phil still "feeling good"? :pie_thinking:

Yeah probably, I think people forget we are the minority that think we have so much sway over the masses. The vast majority of gamers are not on forums or even reddit for that matter. Youtube/friends/Twitch/marketing are way more important than NeoGAF/resetera.

pasterpl

I don’t get it, ms just announced 22 exclusive games for Xbox, there are still some 1st party studios that have not shown anything, by launch we will be probably looking at approx. 30-40 exclusives that will launch on Xboxsex in the first 2-3 years (approx. 1 a month), all will be on game pass day one, and there were not a lot of indie games shown, but nice mix of AA and AAA. I understand that we wanted more of actual gameplay, but that lineup is extremely strong And I can see why Phil is confident.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yeah probably, I think people forget we are the minority that think we have so much sway over the masses. The vast majority of gamers are not on forums or even reddit for that matter. Youtube/friends/Twitch/marketing are way more important than NeoGAF/resetera.
Yet they've all been shitting on Halo for the past 2 days and mocking the xsx everywhere.

Last edited:

Redlight

I don’t get it, ms just announced 22 exclusive games for Xbox, there are still some 1st party studios that have not shown anything, by launch we will be probably looking at approx. 30-40 exclusives that will launch on Xboxsex in the first 2-3 years (approx. 1 a month), all will be on game pass day one, and there were not a lot of indie games shown, but nice mix of AA and AAA. I understand that we wanted more of actual gameplay, but that lineup is extremely strong And I can see why Phil is confident.
Some of the people criticising the Xbox showcase are the same people who think 'Bugsnax' and 'Volcano High' were perfectly acceptable part of the Sony show.

If those had been at the Xbox showing we'd be drowning in 'Volcano High' memes by now.

The power gap remains, so it'll be simultaneous release third-party games that tell the tale.

Freeman

Banned
If you don't get it, you don't get it.

Not a single of those games was impressive, after years of not releasing much this is what they have for the next 2 or 3 years? (that's assuming they are all out by then)

A 10 seconds trailer that doesn't show what the game is ain't going to sell me on Fable. What reason do I have to believe The Medium is going to be a good game? And so on.

2 or 3 years paying $15 a month is a lot of money. That gets me 9 $60 game that I can chose according to my own preference.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Some of the people criticising the Xbox showcase are the same people who think 'Bugsnax' and 'Volcano High' were perfectly acceptable part of the Sony show.

If those had been at the Xbox showing we'd be drowning in 'Volcano High' memes by now.

The power gap remains, so it'll be simultaneous release third-party games that tell the tale.
Except nothing was running on XSX and Halo was hyped up to be the prime example of how XSX would easily outclass anything on PS5.

The reason Bugsnax and Volcano High get ignored, is because practically nobody cares about those.

Last edited:

pasterpl

What powergap ? Show us .

L9GYssi.jpg

based on these screenshot I really think that what we have seen is some alpha build of the game, and it is on MS fo showing it. Halo and Tetris were the least impressive looking games during this event and there is no Way anyone sane can spin it. Probably would add gunk and psychonautus to it as well.

Redlight

2 or 3 years paying $15 a month is a lot of money. That gets me 9 $60 game that I can chose according to my own preference.
So, you're good with 3 games a year over three years vs hundreds as a value proposition?

Of course you're still up for PS+ at around $80, so you're actually down to one and a bit games a year.

Sounds cool.

geordiemp

Anyone can play that game geordie. As I said, third-party games will tell the tale.

MMM, Dont be so sure, why was everything running on a pC ?

The leaked MS documents that apparently mentioned the lockart, also meantioned performance issues with the dev kits due to the hardware decompression / SSD according to B3D mod.

xwOyrDj.png

Something is not quite right when a few months before launch you still have to use a PC to show Xbox games.

PR is blaming COVID but dont buy it. MS are almost hiding the XSX playing games at the moment.....why ?

Last edited:

farmerboy

Anyone can play that game geordie. As I said, third-party games will tell the tale.

JZXv0nz.jpg
So, you're good with 3 games a year over three years vs hundreds as a value proposition?

Of course you're still up for PS+ at around $80, so you're actually down to one and a bit games a year.

Sounds cool.

Sorry man, but you're 4 months out from release and all you got is "3rd party will show the gap" and "gamepass value".

Look, MS will be fine, but at the moment they've stumbled. No use ignoring what's going on.

Freeman

Banned

Sounds cool.
The three games I chose? Yes! Hundreds of games I'm not gonna play and that I don't want to play have zero value to me.

I wouldn't trade the hours I put this year on TLoU2 ($60), Death Stranding(about $35) and Dark Souls Remasterd(less than $10) + DS3 The Fire Fades Edition(less than $10) games for any other combination of games, those were the ones I wanted to play and that's why I played them.

I actually have gamepass until November(had to redeem 3 months before July that came with my GPU and got another 3 extra month from the 2$ promo from MS) I just didn't feel like playing anything that is in there. I had it for some time last year as well when Gears 5 released and I didn't complete a single game that was in there.

Last edited:

Ascend

What powergap ? Show us .

L9GYssi.jpg
Although I get the point you're trying to make, you can't really compare a game running at 1152×640 30fps vs one running at 4K 60fps. Also, there are multiple things that are superior on the right side compared to the left. The left side is mostly just more shiny.

geordiemp

Although I get the point you're trying to make, you can't really compare a game running at 1152×640 30fps vs one running at 4K 60fps. Also, there are multiple things that are superior on the right side compared to the left. The left side is mostly just more shiny.

Fair play you are still fighting your corner.

I would of given up lol

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
What they showed doesn't give much confidence. And they needed an amazing show. People know what quality software they're getting with the PS5

Yoboman

There is a reason nobody is mocking As Dusk Falls or Tell Me Why. They aren't the tentpole, most important game of the show. That was Halo which looked like a joke, and the big name first party games which were nearly all CG

But keep desparately trying to bring it around to some indie game comparison

Ascend

Fair play you are still fighting your corner.

I would of given up lol
I'm not fighting any corner. It's simply the truth. I am also disappointed with Halo Infinite's showing. But that doesn't mean that everything about it was bad, nor that every fact should be dismissed just to trash the game.

MMM, Dont be so sure, why was everything running on a pC ?

The leaked MS documents that apparently mentioned the lockart, also meantioned performance issues with the dev kits due to the hardware decompression / SSD according to B3D mod.

xwOyrDj.png

Something is not quite right when a few months before launch you still have to use a PC to show Xbox games.

PR is blaming COVID but dont buy it. MS are almost hiding the XSX playing games at the moment.....why ?

What thread is this from?

Hobbygaming

You're going to be disappointed when you see the 1st DF comparison video. The multiplatform games will look closer than ever

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood

Surely it is the role of a console vendor's own studios to show the power of their own console. It's farcical that they haven't managed to show any first party gameplay for their new console that comes close to their biggest competitor (that on paper is less powerful).

I'm sure that a lot of third party titles will run better on the XSX, but we haven't actually seen any evidence of that yet.

Hobbygaming

Sounds cool.
It's not like you own those games in GP though. I like to know I can replay my games at any time guaranteed and I only have to pay once

martino

I was right though, it definately didn't take much to be a better show.

Xbox show was not better than sony one
At first i thought they were equal but if you think about it there is even less to eat content wise. Even if sony was mostly target render, here we got thing we already known about or cgi from MS frist party showing
format was better though.But content was not.
also both lack concrete (date , status) and release is not clear at all for me watching those show.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It's kinda shocking that the Hellblade 2 demo from late last year is still far and away the most "next gen" thing shown. Being honest, the lack of comparable footage, or even more of the same after 7+ months makes me doubt how legitimate it was.

Last edited:

SliChillax

What's the point in increasing resolution if the assets are shit? PS3 games were all higher res than PS2 games and the assets were all better. Same with PS3 to PS4.

Ascend

Covid must be a Sony fanboy. You know the way it only seems to affect the development of Xbox games.
Everything is blamed on COVID nowadays. It's obvious MS is doing damage control. I still don't get how they mess up all their marketing like this. They were doing fine with the hardware reveal. As soon as they have to show some games, shit hits the fan. And you wouldn't expect that from a Software company. 🤷‍♂️

longdi

Banned
Covid must be a Sony fanboy. You know the way it only seems to affect the development of Xbox games.

Have you watched the 4k/60 feed? It looks good, or as good as cross gen games get, with the base requirements of that an Xbox One, and 60fps. :lollipop_anxious_sweat:

Sheesh the over reactions...

Top Bottom