• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Photorealistic (only!) Screenshot Thread

keraj37

If you think your screenshot looks like photo, post it here!
Same rules like in any other screenshot thread - 2 shots per post max.
I love photorealism in CG and games, so I will start with game I never expected to look that good:

Far Cry 5 (PC, Ultra settings):
Far-Cry-52019-12-24-18-32-20.jpg

Far-Cry-52019-12-24-18-32-53.jpg

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
At its best in gamepley Death Stranding looks astonishingly photorealistic. Obviously the volcanic Icelandic terrain looks almost alien to begin with, but still its a remarkable feat of tech and art-direction to make an open world environment look that good. Its almost criminal the game doesn't have a photo mode.

keraj37

At its best in gamepley Death Stranding looks astonishingly photorealistic. Obviously the volcanic Icelandic terrain looks almost alien to begin with, but still its a remarkable feat of tech and art-direction to make an open world environment look that good. Its almost criminal the game doesn't have a photo mode.

So I see in shots from that game so would be great to see some here aswell.

Loke

Love the look of this game. How is it to actually play, is it enjoyable?

It's fun but keep in mind that it's a very slow game; you need a lot of patience to deal with all the gameplay mechanics. There's tons of sneaking around in bushes, listening to the environment around you. Never make too much noise or you'll spook the animals.

Like most games it's a lot more fun in co-op too.

keraj37

Shit looked like a movie to me when the demo first released. Metal Gear Solid, RetroArch, Beetle core, mattias CRT smudgeshader.
retroarch_2019_12_24_bsjvq.png
retroarch_2019_12_24_9pkwi.png

Thank you for that! It is imporatent to remember those games that made your jaw go down even if it was years ago and I must say MGS looks great even today!

VFXVeteran

Banned
I am lost here, but if you give me shot that we will struggle to name as hyperrealistick over photorealistic I will be content ;)

Sure. Photoreal has colors that are more of the real world:

That's hyper-real. There is no actual drill that looks like that in the real world. It has a cartoony color to it.
ikFSwtt.jpg

No skin would ever look like that in the realworld on Aloy. And the blue color on her stomach wouldn't show like that if she was outside. Her belly isn't going to reflect the sky color like that.
ps_messages_20170305_n1jj2.jpg

keraj37

Sure. Photoreal has colors that are more of the real world:

That's hyper-real. There is no actual drill that looks like that in the real world. It has a cartoony color to it.
ikFSwtt.jpg

No skin would ever look like that in the realworld on Aloy. And the blue color on her stomach wouldn't show like that if she was outside. Her belly isn't going to reflect the sky color like that.

Fair enough! Great explanation with images, but it looks like I was correct with my shot and some others didn't.

Karak

It's fun but keep in mind that it's a very slow game; you need a lot of patience to deal with all the gameplay mechanics. There's tons of sneaking around in bushes, listening to the environment around you. Never make too much noise or you'll spook the animals.

Like most games it's a lot more fun in co-op too.
Hunter Call of the Wild is probably my favorite game this year to just sit and chill with. I think I have like 300 hours

thelastword

Banned
Horizon Zero Dawn photomode

Just because I'm sure no one would be expecting this game in this thread:

Dreams:

QcYkFpD.jpg

ikFSwtt.jpg

RUGkaWQ.jpg

t5Swxgg.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Uncharted 4
IdqzSzf.jpg
EKWaRanU8AA1X5G
EKtzcV2U0AIfwzf

here’s a couple dose of Death Stranding
Dreams, UC4 and the Decima Engine games looks bananas...…….Dreams has so much potential to reach lifelike visuals on the next iteration of that game, UC4 already looks photorealistic, but the dreams engine will be one we will speak about in a few years to come...……...I think it will be crucial to graphics advancement in the next few years....

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The realism in some games is utterly amazing. Just now as I glanced at the post above yours I thought that one was a car ad.

Maybe it's not just the realism that's amazing but the fact that I keep relating these amazing screen shots to ads. :pie_roffles:
Yeah, to think that graphics are going to get even better in 1-2 years 😱

Top Bottom