• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick me an import game for cube

citan

A friend of mine is flying to Japan for Christmas, he has family living on the base in Okinawa. He offered to get me something from japan, I own a cube (which i can get a loader for) and a ds, don't know if it has region restrictions.

Anyway, recommend me a game to ask him to grab for me, one that isn't available in the states and problably won't be.

Juice

I clicked the link to say Chibi Robo, and it's already been said.

Chibi Robo.

Note: I believe the game is in fact coming to the US next year.

Oogami

Banned
Umm Chibi Robo will be released in the States next February.

Get Donkey Konga 1,2,3

Naruto 4

If you like Gundam/Robots then SD Gundam Gashapon and Super Robot Wars GC

Kururin Squash

Mr Driller

Raiden

Banned
BuddyC said:
Chibi Robo's hitting the US in January or Feburary though.

DS doesn't have any region restrctions.

I'd suggest Drill Land, but if you use FreeLoader, you can't save ... :/

Maybe Kururin Squash?

Impressions:
http://www.planetgamecube.com/impressions.cfm?action=profile&id=716
http://games.kikizo.com/reviews/gcn/kururin_squash.asp
http://cube.ign.com/objects/696/696537.html
http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=50663

You cant save with Drill Land and Freeloader, or you cant save with freeloader? Ofcourse you mean with Drill Land and freeloader i assume.

I would have been owned by buying Tos and a freeloader otherwise :lol

Oogami

Banned
BuddyC said:
I'd suggest Drill Land, but if you use FreeLoader, you can't save ... :/

Oh yeah that and Donkey Konga 1,2,3 also can't save with freeloader. Only modchiped GCN can save.

I recommend Nintendo Puzzle Collection also. Bleach GC only if you're a fan of the anime I guess.

BuddyC

Raiden said:
You cant save with Drill Land and Freeloader, or you cant save with freeloader? Ofcourse you mean with Drill Land and freeloader i assume.

I would have been owned by buying Tos and a freeloader otherwise :lol
FreeLoader will let you save with all games except Drill Land and Donkey Konga. Just has to do with how FreeLoader handles its saves (more specifically, converting them so they can be stored on a US formatted memory card).

hooo

boooy
Oogami said:
Only modchiped GCN can save.

You don't need a modchip, you just need to have a switch installed (which is what I assume you meant).

I'll second Kururin, and some of the Naruto brawlers are supposed to be fun if you like that type of game.

yggdrasil

citan said:
A friend of mine is flying to Japan for Christmas, he has family living on the base in Okinawa. He offered to get me something from japan, I own a cube (which i can get a loader for) and a ds, don't know if it has region restrictions.

Anyway, recommend me a game to ask him to grab for me, one that isn't available in the states and problably won't be.

I'd go with Doushin the Giant as well.

What base does his family live on? I spent three years at Kadena AB in the late 80s and 1990--my coming and going was coterminous with the Japanese and American releases of Final Fantasy, which was convenient. I was pretty young, but definitely played my share of Japanese games on multi-cart.

Be aware that Okinawa may not have the access of e.g. some of the Aki stores, but surely there's some big importer/distributor there nowadays.

///

Get one of the Powerful Pro Baseball games from Konami. I'm not a baseball fan at all, but I still had fun with the games I've played in that series. If you settle for one of the earlier versions you should be able to get it dirt cheap.

carlos

Gaia Theory said:
How 'bout Doshin the Giant? (available in UK in ENGLISH!!)

Better yet, why not Giftpia? Damn NOA for not localizing this game!

I would like to second doshin, but I've never gotten it to work; The screen is in black and white and constantly scrolling

I've heard the problem is that its a PAL game and I'm on a NTSC television....

Does anyone out there have a solution to this?

I've tried freeloader but it hasn't worked; maybe because of its version # ?

As for a suggestion, Kururin Squash is solid, and TV world fighters:dream mix is good for mutliplayer and if you like konami,hudson, takara characters....

I'd take giftpia, but think there's too much text there...Damn NOA as well...

naruto4.jpg

carlos said:
I would like to second doshin, but I've never gotten it to work; The screen is in black and white and constantly scrolling

I've heard the problem is that its a PAL game and I'm on a NTSC television....

Does anyone out there have a solution to this?

I've tried freeloader but it hasn't worked; maybe because of its version # ?

I would like to know an answer to this as well (although mine is just black and white- I can play it just fine)....

maybe some kind of RGB cables?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Doshin the Giant is absolute garbage. The only reason it didn't get released in the USA is because it's shit. I'd go for Kururin Squash or Mr Driller Drill Land. Both are good puzzle games. If you like soccer then Winning Eleven 6 - Final Evolution is awesome. It's old but it's still the best footy game on the Cube by a long distance.

Reading this thread reconfirms my disappointment with the dearth of good import titles on the Cube. The only one I picked up last month in Japan was Four Swords Adventures, and even then, only because it was dirt cheap. All my other Cube imports were for playing early and language study purposes. =(

Top Bottom