• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picross 3D 2 announced

I'm gonna guess Eshop. Considering how Best Buy heavily discounted that Nintendo crossword game and that Brain Age didn't light the world on fire (Being cleared out for $15 at Target) I doubt Nintendo risks retail sadly.

Salsa

I'm gonna guess Eshop. Considering how Best Buy heavily discounted that Nintendo crossword game and that Brain Age didn't light the world on fire (Being cleared out for $15 at Target) I doubt Nintendo risks retail sadly.

guessing you just mean for NA since there's a retail box photo on the website

pkg.png

Drago

Never played the first one... shame on me. I love Picross.

Hope this makes it over here, retail or digital I don't care (but physical would be nice!) Gonna take a guess that scanning an amiibo will unlock a puzzle based upon the character you scanned in.

Chairhome

Never played the first one... shame on me. I love Picross.

Hope this makes it over here, retail or digital I don't care (but physical would be nice!) Gonna take a guess that scanning an amiibo will unlock a puzzle based upon the character you scanned in.
Yes, it shows it in the Cat Mario video someone linked on the first page. A small diorama based on whose amiibo you've scanned

YOOOOOO

I loved Picross 3D, the breath of fresh air the series needed IMO. :D

On a related note, are the eshop Picross games worth buying to get my fix while I wait for this?

Buying day one and... offing finally!!!

Also, ¥3.000 is the perfect price for this. That's what Rhythm Tengoku and Famicom Remix Best of should cost too imho.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Uh, wow.

Also: what was Picross 3D's original price back when it launched on DS, just for curiosity.

Zerojul

Awesome, importing physical version day one, 3k sounds like a bargain. Only downside is I won't have time to play anything else after it releases :p

SirSwirl

Neo Member
Holy shit yes. I've sunk way too many hours into the Picross games, and I've loved it.

Really hope this comes to the West, will be mine Day 1.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Cool. Picross 3D was never quite as good as good old 2D Picross IMO (the simplicity was part of its brilliance), but still pretty great.

GKFinns

I want this to come to America so badly I can't stand it. I've already re-beaten Picross DS, Picross 3D, Mario Picross, AND all five Picross E games.

I need help

YES! Picross 3D is one of the absolute best DS games and is better than 2d Picross, so I've really been hoping that they make another one. Here's hoping that the puzzle creator and downloadable user puzzle features return, they were great in the DS picross games but weren't in the Picross e games for 3DS eshop... all those downloadable puzzles added a lot to the game, even if it was kind of awful that you couldn't fit all the downloadable puzzles in either cart (Picross DS or Picross 3D), which means that you can't play all the puzzles anymore now that online support is dead.

But yeah, Picross 3D is amazing and I've really been hoping they make a 3DS sequel, so it's awesome that it's coming and that it is a retail game as well. Now all we need is a US release. Here's hoping.

KooopaKid

Banned
Mmmm I was disappointed by Picross 3D past the first hours. It's not really a puzzle game, you rarely had to think, by the end I was just going through the motions.

JoeM86

Interesting amiibo support. Make cool puzzles based on the character as we saw with Mario & Luigi. Hope as many amiibo as possible are a part of this.

I love classic Picross much more. I want a new Picross with the polish that this game is probably gonna have. ;;

The Picross e games are fine, but I hate that half the game is worthless to me because it forces you to play puzzles that instantly let you know if you've made a mistake. No! I don't want any hints or help. I just wanna figure out my puzzle and if I spent 30 minutes working myself in an unresolvable mess I'd gladly start over. I don't care about time penalties. ):
Also they never go on sale, do they?

The Picross e games are fine, but I hate that half the game is worthless to me because it forces you to play puzzles that instantly let you know if you've made a mistake. No! I don't want any hints or help. I just wanna figure out my puzzle and if I spent 30 minutes working myself in an unresolvable mess I'd gladly start over. I don't care about time penalties. ):

In the later E games (I think E4 onwards?), you can actually play all the puzzles in Free mode. It's an option in the settings menu (and the right way to play, I agree).

gerudoman

Picross 3D is my favourite puzzle game ever, so this is awesome news. Wonder why I took them so long.

Crossing my fingers for a late 2015 release in Europe, it's not like it's going to take them months to localize it.

PokéKong

The easiest part of every Picross puzzle is when you get to start around the boarder and work your way inward, but the flaw with 3D is that you can ONLY work with it that way, and so there's actually far less depth to the gameplay than the traditional form. I sure hope they just realized this and add a few twists to the mechanics, it is still an appealing concept.

Shiggy

Supports amiibo, but does it also support amiiqo?

Great it's getting a sequel. Puzzle games are pretty much the best thing on the 3DS for me.

Dryk

But splitting up the games with e series has allowed them to iterate and refine the best new parts (ie Mega Picross) so I'm okay with the smaller chunks.
The puzzles are still too small though. Also while I appreciate them putting a Picross and Mega Picross of every picture in in e6 I would've preferred a toggle somewhere rather than actually making me do all of them twice.

In the later E games (I think E4 onwards?), you can actually play all the puzzles in Free mode. It's an option in the settings menu (and the right way to play, I agree).

:eek:
Oh I didn't know, I'll check out some of the later ones then. I only played the first 2 really. Thanks.

Top Bottom