• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picross S3 Announced for Nintendo Switch. New Color Picross Mode. Release Date: April 25th

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Jupiter announced their third Picross title for the Switch, Picross S3.

Release date is April 25th 2019.

picrosss3.jpg

Jupiter has revealed the next entry in it Picross S series for the Nintendo Switch. On April 25, 2019, people will be able to pick up Picross S3. This entry is most notable for its inclusion of Color Picross, puzzles where people need to use the right colors to properly fill in the grid.

In addition to Color Picross, Picross S3 will include the other sorts of puzzles people expect from an installment. Picross and Mega Picross modes return, with 300 puzzles total. (Expect there to be 150 puzzles in each category.) Clip Picross, a feature that has also been seen in the spin-off Kemono Friends Picross, will be here too. There will be 150 of those puzzles available.

Picross S3 will feature quality of life adjustments too. For example, the Suspend Data option will let you see a preview of the puzzle where you left off before you choose to resume it. If you are filling in a puzzle with someone else, there will be a player color maker that lets you see who filled in which spots on the grid.

Launch trailer:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been playing this off and on for the last few weeks. Color Picross is an absolute blast and changes the formula up enough to keep things interesting without feeling stale.

These games are all packed to the gills with available puzzles too. My wife gets a kick out of how random the objects are. Overall, highly recommended game.

Scopa Scopa what's your favorite mode?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Scopa Scopa what's your favorite mode?
I was smashing through S3 from launch day, but then I started playing FFIX and slowed down to 2-4 puzzles a day. As a result, I haven’t got to try Color Picross yet.

Hmm, I’m not sure. Regular Picross is the easiest and most accessible. I see random chatter on gaming podcasts that suggests that Mega Picross is much maligned, I enjoy it though. I appreciate the extra challenge. Sometimes it feels a bit like a guessing game though. I also enjoy the puzzle pieces. Doing a bunch of Picross puzzles in order to reveal a bigger picture is rewarding.

I guess I like it all, lol. Just a great pick up and play game when you have anywhere from 10 minutes to hours to spare and keeps the brain ticking over. I’ll keep buying these day 1.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was smashing through S3 from launch day, but then I started playing FFIX and slowed down to 2-4 puzzles a day. As a result, I haven’t got to try Color Picross yet.

Hmm, I’m not sure. Regular Picross is the easiest and most accessible. I see random chatter on gaming podcasts that suggests that Mega Picross is much maligned, I enjoy it though. I appreciate the extra challenge. Sometimes it feels a bit like a guessing game though. I also enjoy the puzzle pieces. Doing a bunch of Picross puzzles in order to reveal a bigger picture is rewarding.

I guess I like it all, lol. Just a great pick up and play game when you have anywhere from 10 minutes to hours to spare and keeps the brain ticking over. I’ll keep buying these day 1.
Are you me?

Seriously though, it's hard to find a Picross (or even gaming) value proposition better than these games. These are $8-$10 each and I probably put 65+ hours into them which is amazing.

If you like the Mega Picross but prefer regular picross, I think you'll dig the Color Picross mode, the difficulty seems to be a step between. There are some different rules in play that makes it more tricky than regular, but still not as hard as mega in my opinion.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Just got Pictoss S to start with. I remember loving Mario’s Picross to bits, and I haven’t wanted to play another picross game that is not from Nintendo. That is, until I realised that this is actually the same dev team as Mario’s Picross.

I will work my way through the three games. Looked up the OT for the original, uh oh that OP didn’t age well.

Top Bottom