• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

Melchiah

Clydefrog said:
my microwave might as well be called "heater of leftovers"

I usually warm them up in a pan, kettle or oven, and I usually make my own food, instead of buying microwave dinners, so I haven't had a need for a microwave oven. And leftovers, excluding soups, are better when heated with something else.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
PantherLotus said:
My kid is only 18 months, but I will live and die to see that pure, innocent happiness from him. Man that video made me smile (and tear up a lot). If you want a similar feeling, read this amazing story by Joe Posnanski about taking his daughter to Harry Potter World.

I think the article deserves its own thread, but GAF might be too cyncial to get it.

Posnanski is easily the best current sports writer, by a wide margin. This fabulous story goes a long way towards confirming that he is just one of the best writers today, period.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
ianp622 said:
A lot of newer toasters will probably have an auto-shutoff in you turn it on its side (fire hazard). Just a heads up.
Also many toasters "clamp" the bread into place when you push the lever down, so you'd get cheese all stuck on that.

stufte

PantherLotus said:
My kid is only 18 months, but I will live and die to see that pure, innocent happiness from him. Man that video made me smile (and tear up a lot). If you want a similar feeling, read this amazing story by Joe Posnanski about taking his daughter to Harry Potter World.

I think the article deserves its own thread, but GAF might be too cyncial to get it.

Very similar to my experience taking my 8yr old to Harry Potter World. We stood in line for Olivanders wand shop and out of the group of people, she was picked for the wand choosing. It was so amazing to watch her, her face was full of excitement and wonder, and she was completely transported into her favorite fantasy world for those 4 or 5 minutes. Best moment of the vacation, bar-none.

ToxicAdam

I went to that Harry Potter area in Spring. The lines were soul-crushing. I had never seen in my life a line for people to go into a store to purchase items. All. Day. Long. Not just one shop, but all 20 shops in the area. But that area is amazing. The designers of it really did an awesome job.

90% of the rides at Universal are shit, but it's worth the ticket just to walk through the park and marvel at the branding and archetectural re-creations.

--- /// ---

0_8e7a1_33b74a85_XL.jpg

Melchiah

sykoex said:
Also many toasters "clamp" the bread into place when you push the lever down, so you'd get cheese all stuck on that.

Mine does that, but cheese didn't get stuck.

People should try it out, before judging it. =)

Grinchy

Banned
These pictures are so awesome. I didn't want to clog up the thread by quoting a bunch of them but damn I was tempted.

UrbanRats

SolidusDave said:
Shamelessly stolen from reddit, never saw it combined like that:

http://i.imgur.com/STIIx.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I did that in the official thread weeks ago, but i guess it passed unnoticed, since i posted it as a link. :P

MetalAlien

Banned
The nicest guy in the whole town decided he wanted a weather vane just like he had on the farm back home where he took care of his grey haired mother for 30 years while she suffered through disease and the ravages of age. He spent the whole afternoon mounting it on the roof, he wasn't very mechanically inclined but he was determined to do this himself. Tuned out pretty good, nice and straight. Maybe he could even enroll in a trade school and become a carpenter or something else that allows him to work with his hands it just makes him feel so prou.......BOOM!

0WUIh.jpg[

UrbanRats said:
I did that in the official thread weeks ago, but i guess it passed unnoticed, since i posted it as a link. :p

Is there a hi res version of this anywhere? I would fucking love to have it all printed out on my wall.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
MetalAlien said:
They recently had someone paint graffiti over some ancient Indian symbols at Valley of Fire out her in Nevada.

The first time I read this sentence, my brain interpreted it as the parks department hiring someone to paint over the symbols intentionally, heh.

CFMOORE!

MetalAlien said:
The nicest guy in the whole town decided he wanted a weather vane just like he had on the farm back home where he took care of his grey haired mother for 30 years while she suffered through disease and the ravages of age. He spent the whole afternoon mounting it on the roof, he wasn't very mechanically inclined but he was determined to do this himself. Tuned out pretty good, nice and straight. Maybe he could even enroll in a trade school and become a carpenter or something else that allows him to work with his hands it just makes him feel so prou.......BOOM!

0WUIh.jpg[

this pic can't be real. a lightning bolt that's like the size of 6 city blocks?! It is like it hit a giant segment of the city all at once.

CFMOORE! said:
this pic can't be real. a lightning bolt that's like the size of 6 city blocks?! It is like it hit a giant segment of the city all at once.
That's just an effect of light scattering, just like the light bulbs the size onf soccer ball in the light poles in the foreground.
that's actually a photo of a super saiyan transformation

Vulcano's assistant said:
That's just an effect of light scattering, just like the light bulbs the size onf soccer ball in the light poles in the foreground.
that's actually a photo of a super saiyan transformation

So, it took 6 episodes to take that picture?

Top Bottom