• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT| Pic Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact you also use the word FA may go some way to explaining?

FA? Did you really just censor that?

My point is, fuck, shit, motherfucker etc are commonly used words in NA but the dreaded C word is considered so mush worse and it doesn't make any sense.

Thread is proper derailed now. Fuck! Sorry, F!

MisterNoisy

Saw this today at the shooting range. It has a 'There I fixed it' quality to it:

v4iB4.jpg

Walshicus

Nope it's banned, as it insults every woman on the board when said. So unless you want to talk about these books then it's apparently banned.

Did anyone actually make that thread for the discussion? Because banning that word is pretty fucking ridiculous. The justification for the prohibition would cover a large swathe of common terms used on GAF and it would be nice to have an unambiguous list. Would suck to be banned for using a word or phrase which has no taboo status in my own country.

Why is cunt seemingly so offensive to Americans but a nothing word in the UK ,Ireland, Australia, etc? Particularly in Scotland or Ireland where I'm from, it means fuck all. Or am I wrong?

Probably because it's mostly used as a derogative word towards woman and not a catch-all term that one friend would use towards another friend. It's more akin to calling someone an N-word then a dick or bitch.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Probably because it's mostly used as a derogative word towards woman and not a catch-all term that one friend would use towards another friend. It's more akin to calling someone an N-word then a dick or bitch.

Don't agree with this at all. "Cunt" is used towards men almost as much as women from what I've experienced. "Dick", on the other hand, is almost entirely used towards men. As far as it being the equivalent to the N-word, that's going to need some backing up.

6X3Hv.jpg

Did anyone actually make that thread for the discussion? Because banning that word is pretty fucking ridiculous. The justification for the prohibition would cover a large swathe of common terms used on GAF and it would be nice to have an unambiguous list. Would suck to be banned for using a word or phrase which has no taboo status in my own country.

No there wasn't a thread. Doubt the mods would accept one either, they said there was nothing to discuss.

That's funny considering that is what it happening in football gaf quite often. Also don't even ever remember it being used towards a female in there, mostly it's joking around with friends on there or about footballers who does something extremely shitty in a live match.

LeleSocho

Banned

oh god this is awesome
"Alright, no more sentences from you today."
"You're just a feeling."
"You can't stop the weather 'cause the weather just keeps coming back."
"She doesn't even know that today is tomorrow."
"Shut your mountain down."
"The wall, if you bang it open, it will lead you to something bad."
"Think about your teeth and your attitude."
"Um, but you can't eat rainbows because they're yuck!"
"My liver is sleeping."