• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Incudes Worldwide Leaderboards

I can see why the time trial community didn't like it but it was ideal for me as a player. I spent an enormous amount of time playing time attack in MK7, far more than in any past version. If you have a record 1-3 seconds in front of you it is is an obtainable goal. If a time is 20 seconds ahead it might as well be 200. Over the course of my time with my title I frequently popped into time attack to chip away at the leaderboard I was presented with. In the end I beat most (maybe 25) of the fast staff ghost times, far more than I had beaten in any previous version of the game.

You know that this was already in Mario Kart Wii, right? In the Mario Kart channel, you could download and race against a “rival ghost” i.e. a ghost made by another player who connected his Wii to the Internet and that is about 1-2 seconds faster than your current record. In the end, Mario Kart 7 only removed time trial functionalities, so unless you never played MKWii and went directly from MKDS to MK7 you shouldn't see any appeal in MK7's time trial system. They even took off the ghost replay feature.

Tom_Cody

You know that this was already in Mario Kart Wii, right? In the Mario Kart channel, you could download and race against a “rival ghost” i.e. a ghost made by another player who connected his Wii to the Internet and that is about 1-2 seconds faster than your current record. In the end, Mario Kart 7 only removed time trial functionalities, so unless you never played MKWii and went directly from MKDS to MK7 you shouldn't see any appeal in MK7's time trial system. They even took off the ghost replay feature.
I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't know that. I didn't really touch the Mario Kart Channel. I guess I'm not really in an informed position to say which one was better. I just know that I really liked the set up in MK7. The times/ghosts loaded in automatically and you could race against up to 7 at a time.

Appleman

Hahaha!!!
Well played, sir...well played!

Regarding the 1080p/720p, do u think it is time to move to a 1080p tv?
My current Panasonic Plasma reaches up tp 720p and i was wondering which of the following WiiU games will support 1080p.

I think so far Wind Waker HD, and Smash are both 1080p confirmed, and I believe there are a few 1080p third party games as well (Rayman: Legends, at least)

Top Bottom