• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PIXAR: New pics of Up, Bow and Newt Possible Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We normally don't know anything about Pixars movie slate this far in advance, but here are some images/concept art of their 2009 and 2011 releases, Up!, Newt and The Bear & The Bow.

I like knowing what they have in store besides Toy Story 3 and Cars 2.

UP!

uplogo.jpg

Up1.jpg

Up2.jpg

Newt.

newt.jpg

Newt-Concept1.jpg

The Bear and The Bow

bearbowlogo.jpg

Bow-Concept1.jpg

As usual, im excited, Up looks fantastic, they have come so far from Toy Story its incredible.

From upcomingpixar.com

It will be interesting to see what the final product from The Bear and The Bow looks as opposed to the concepts here.

Pixars lineup is as follows

2008 Wall E
2009 Up!
2009 Toy Story Re-Release in 3D
2010 Toy Story 2 Re-Release in 3D
2010 Toy Story 3
2011 SUMMER Newt
2011 WINTER The Bear and the Bow
Cars 2

Good lineup all round, new interesting IP mixed with Merchandising behemoths.

Timbuktu

cordonbleu said:
It will be interesting to see what the final product from The Bear and The Bow looks as opposed to the concepts here.

Pixars lineup is as follows

2008 Wall E
2009 Up!
2009 Toy Story Re-Release in 3D
2010 Toy Story 2 Re-Release in 3D
2010 Toy Story 3
2011 SUMMER Newt
2011 WINTER The Bear and the Bow
Cars 2

Good lineup all round, new interesting IP mixed with Merchandising behemoths.

Up looks awesome. And isn't John Carter of Mars also 2012?

The Bear and the Bow looks promising too, finally an animation set in Scotland and directed by brenda chapman? great to see pixar expanding their talent pool even more.

Timbuktu said:

The Bear and the Bow looks promising too, finally an animation set in Scotland and directed by brenda chapman? great to see pixar expanding their talent pool even more.

I have seen rumours that John Carter of Mars is a Three part trilogy, that they are releasing starting 2012. Jim Hill Media speculated that it was being put into production because Disney is concerned about the continued bankability of the Narnia series.

Squeak

Timbuktu said:

You mean the same Brenda Chapman the helped make some of the Disney studios worst movies ever in the 90's, sending them into the doldrums? The same Brenda Chapman who co directed the pretentious, pathetic Prince of Egypt? What good has she ever done?

I can't really decide if the art direction is interesting or aimless style.

NJ Shlice

Pixar is so amazing.

It still boggles my mind how long these movies take to crank out. I read an article the other day from a Pixar artist and he said each movies takes at least 4 years to make.

That's insane.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Man, it's great to see Pixar growing and turning Disney back into the animation power it once was.

Bear and the Bow looks awesome, no more of the shitty designs that plagued 2D disney animation from 1990-now.

Squeak

sp0rsk said:
Bear and the Bow looks awesome, no more of the shitty designs that plagued 2D disney animation from 1990-now.
Exactly, this seems to hark back to 50s and 60s UPA ish style, with a few other influences.
I really, really hate the bombastic, pretentious and sharpcut/heavyset style of most 90's animation. It's so uncharming and immature.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
sp0rsk said:
Man, it's great to see Pixar growing and turning Disney back into the animation power it once was.

Yes it is, good riddance Michael Eisner :D

timmy

I will see every movie in this thread, including the talking chihuahua movie, but not including Cars 2.

Cars 2 isn't really happening, is it?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Beverly Hills Chihuahua should make an awesome rifftrax :lol

madara

sp0rsk said:

Did you just spit on? :

Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Aladdin (1992)
Lion King, The (1994)

Yeah maybe they should have had Amano do those, they would not have conveyed proper emotions but hell it would looked original and trippy!

timmy said:
I will see every movie in this thread, including the talking chihuahua movie, but not including Cars 2.

Cars 2 isn't really happening, is it?

They seem to think shit like CARS will play to the mindless NASCAR yokums better than something clever like The Incredibles 2.

They are probably right. =(

yeah, Cars 2 is the only one movie I'm certainly not looking forward to. NASCAR is already a bore in reality, no need to see talking cars partecipating in

sp0rsk said:

huh, what? If you you mean they've had a kinda similar design, I might agree

Suikoguy

madara said:
Did you just spit on? :

Aladdin (1992)
Lion King, The (1994)

Yeah maybe they should have had Amano do those, they would not have conveyed proper emotions but hell it would looked original and trippy!

After the Lion King, Lilo and Stitch was about the only good thing Disney itself put out.

Perhaps he should have said 94-Present :)

Suikoguy said:
After the Lion King, Lilo and Stitch was about the only good thing Disney itself put out.

Perhaps he should have said 94-Present :)

so, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan and Hercules were bad movies?

Boy, how I disagree

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
madara said:
Did you just spit on? :

Aladdin (1992)
Lion King, The (1994)

iron giant too.

Suikoguy

Anasui Kishibe said:
so, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan and Hercules were bad movies?

Boy, how I disagree

Not bad movies.
Just on a different tier IMO.

Edit:
Iron Giant was not Disney.

Suikoguy

madara said:
Okay mid 90s, phew.

Well, to be honest i'm not sure what else could have been discussed in this thread. It's exiting to see the Pixar lineup, but there is not much to discus about it :)

I guess we could have discussed the Pixar/Disney relationship?

Maybe I have poor taste, but I consider Herc and Mulan to be some of Disney's best movies. Mulan in particular.

I also agree that Aladdin and The Lion King are excellent Disney movies. Never saw The Beauty and the Beast in its entirety, but it also looked like a class act.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Maybe I have poor taste, but I consider Herc and Mulan to be some of Disney's best movies. Mulan in particular.

you don't have bad taste, they're grossly underappreciated movies. Hercules in particular is an excellent satire, let alone a very funny movie

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I just recently saw Disney's CGI film "Meet the Robinsons". Has to be one of the best disney film I've seen in years. CGI might not have been up to Pixar's level but the story was.

Anasui Kishibe said:
you don't have bad taste, they're grossly underappreciated movies. Hercules in particular is an excellent satire, let alone a very funny movie

Huh. Well, my bubble world, they are amongst my friends' favorites. I thought this was universally true. : (

And now you got me thinking of HD versions of those movies. Pardon my ignorance, but is that possible?

FlightOfHeaven said:
And now you got me thinking of HD versions of those movies. Pardon my ignorance, but is that possible?

yes it is. Aladdin and other stuff have been confirmed in Blu Ray format, release dates are still pending though. I wouldn't expect anything sooner than Q3 2008

NekoFever

I loved the premise for Newt when that was announced (
the last two of a species of newts are put together in a lab to breed and save the species... but they hate each other
), but the teaser images that they've shown for Up keep getting more intriguing. It gives me a Ghibli vibe for some reason.

And wow at those Bear and the Bow images. I'm going to have to see it with that art style... in 2011 :(

Anasui Kishibe said:
yes it is. Aladdin and other stuff have been confirmed in Blu Ray format, release dates are still pending though. I wouldn't expect anything sooner than Q3 2008
If Disney is continuing its stupid moratorium policy, you won't see Aladdin on Blu-ray until 2014 since the DVD was only released in 2004. No Lion King until 2012, either :(

I don't know about UP..I mean, I know it will be amazing and all but having read some of the plot in that spoiler thread
I feel like it's going to be one of the saddest movies around..this poor man goes through a lot of disgraces
and I don't know if I want to see it

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
madara said:
Did you just spit on? :

Aladdin (1992)
Lion King, The (1994)

A. Chill on the Amano shit. Why even go there? You only make yourself look stupid.
B. No, I just don't like how Disney's art shifted in the 90's. It doesn't mean I think the movies are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom