• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PIXAR: New pics of Up, Bow and Newt Possible Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
StoOgE said:
what the fuck

050108_highschoolmusical3.jpg

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
That one guy looks almost just like the Scotsman from Samurai Jack, peg leg and all.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
If only there were no comedy relief figures in Hunchback, it would have been the most awesome Disney film ever. The art in that film is fantastic.

harSon

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Man, it's great to see Pixar growing and turning Disney back into the animation power it once was.

Bear and the Bow looks awesome, no more of the shitty designs that plagued 2D disney animation from 1990-now.

hurrrr

Retrofluxed

Perhaps I shouldn't post this, but I'm throwing my support behind 2 very much underappreciated gems: Atlantis: The Lost Empire and The Emperor's New Groove. My wife and I both loved those movies.

Edit: Make that 3. I forgot to add Brother Bear.

Gagaman

Disney don't matter anymore, they've lost their way. They're far too interested into making crappy live action movies nowadays to even bother making good animation. Pixar has more than filled their boots, they are what Disney were in the 30's-50's. I do hope the sequels slow down after Cars 2, but at least they're still trying daring new ideas on the side. Up looks like it has the potential to be incredible.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Gagaman said:
Disney don't matter anymore, they've lost their way. They're far too interested into making crappy live action movies nowadays to even bother making good animation. Pixar has more than filled their boots, they are what Disney were in the 30's-50's. I do hope the sequels slow down after Cars 2, but at least they're still trying daring new ideas on the side. Up looks like it has the potential to be incredible.

Yes, that's exactly why they're bringing out a traditionally animated movie. And in case you didn't know, Pixar=Disney now.

Gagaman said:

I love them, but have to agree that Disney's animation studios are suffering. I'm really hoping The Frog Prince (or whatever it's called) is good, but considering how much the artistic design has already been directly influenced by PC garbage, I'm not holding my breath.

Still, I'm pumped to see the live-action Prince of Persia. The few pieces of concept art I've seen for it look awesome.

Gagaman

ManaByte said:
Yes, that's exactly why they're bringing out a traditionally animated movie. And in case you didn't know, Pixar=Disney now.
What, another princess movie? Yeah, it'll have to be pretty darn amazing to convince me that they are not a shell of their former self just yet. I do like that they're bringing back their shorts scheme eventually, but Pixar does everything Disney is trying to do perfectly fine already. I'd love to see Disney prove me wrong, but I can't see it just yet when they approve movies like Beverly Hills Chihuahua.

Gagaman said:
What, another princess movie? Yeah, it'll have to be pretty darn amazing to convince me that they are not a shell of their former self just yet. I do like that they're bringing back their shorts scheme eventually, but Pixar does everything Disney is trying to do perfectly fine already. I'd love to see Disney prove me wrong, but I can't see it just yet when they approve movies like Beverly Hills Chihuahua.

They're the same company now, there is no real seperation between the Disney animation studio and Pixar. It's just a matter of preference and branding at this point where an animated project goes.

Disney's live action studio is a whole nother part.

tak

JzeroT1437 said:
IS THAT TWO-DIMENSIONAL ANIMATION? If so, I'm especially excited.
It's concept art, the style is similar to one of their main concept artist. I forget his name.

tak

cordonbleu said:
Only his back, and some plot points have been released.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff231/cordonbleu_photo/up.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
The shader for the carpet could still use a lot of work in that shoot. :P

It looks out of place compared to all the other materials in that scene.

VistraNorrez said:
They're the same company now, there is no real seperation between the Disney animation studio and Pixar. It's just a matter of preference and branding at this point where an animated project goes.

Disney's live action studio is a whole nother part.

Umm, no, Pixar is still very much a separate entity, with a different creative brains trust to Disney Animation Studios. Someone at Disney doesnt get an idea for a movie and say Pixar will make it.
possible exception Cars 2

The only thing that they have in common is that John Lasseter is now in charge of both.

Mau ®

Darko said:
Proud to say I havent seen the first two.

Fuck that. Im proud to say Ive seen both and have the soundtracks on my iPod and fantasize about Mr. Efron's abs.

Why is Cars 2 happening? And more importantly, why isnt The Incredibles 2 happening?!

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
JzeroT1437 said:
IS THAT TWO-DIMENSIONAL ANIMATION? If so, I'm especially excited.

Watch "A Pixar Story"

Not only does it detail their FASCINATING history. It also wraps up with a glimpse of their future that just happens to include their efforts to revive Disney's cartoon film heritage.

traveler

Not Wario
Man, that release list sounds awesome. Only problem is the lack of Brad Bird projects on the horizon. Oh well, Pixar is still the best group of entertainers on the planet.

sp0rsk said:
Man, it's great to see Pixar growing and turning Disney back into the animation power it once was.

Bear and the Bow looks awesome.

I to am glad to see Pixar grow. It has been their wish (ala John Lasseter) since the A Bugs' Life and Toy Story 2 era to release a film every year without a drop in quality. It looks like they're getting close to that goal. And with Lasseter as head of animation at Disney and Bob (Iger) the CEO at Disney, it seems like the ship is headed in a positive direction. Very excited and hopeful for quality 2D Animation soon.

A little skeptical about B&TB. I'm not how sure I feel about the main character entering the
Disney Princess canon
, but I can say that I am completely excited for Up. It seems like it will be amazing. And Wall-E is going to be my highlight of June (Pixar + Science Fiction = Perfection).

And for people's information,
Andrew Stanton
is directing the first John Carter of Mars flick. I hope that Brad Bird directs one of them after he completes 1906, and some other director does the
third in the trilogy

f@luS

More than a member.
couldnt find a better topic, up is a hard word to browse...

anyway, i will be able to see "UP" new pixar this wednesday , cant wait !

f@luS

More than a member.
Wario64 said:
wtf is up with this bump

I searched "Up pixar" and its the first one i find with "UP" in the title. That word is too damn small for an effective search :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom