• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Places You're NEVER Going to Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wal-Mart. I have never entered a building that feels like a wave of crushing depression is permanently in the air except for Wal-Mart. The lighting, the people, everything about it is just miserable.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
If I can help it, the Florida panhandle. Would be cool to visit Miami though, never been.

SleazyC

Are the French extremely pompous and arrogant as portrayed in the movies?
I was warned by a coworker who's wife is Parisian about it and still managed to underestimate.

To be fair, the other parts of France I visited were great and the people were friendly. Maybe its all the tourists they get in Paris, could make it unbearable to a point where many of the people you come in contact with just don't want to put up with foreigners.

Jamaica. Its so disgusting trying to relax on the beach knowing that there's so many people living in tin shacks nearby. We were approached by some poor local lady begging for us to buy things in her shop (that was barley even a shack) and it just ruined the entire experience.

From this thread, where I will never go again:

-Wal-Mart - yeah we live in a rural area, yeah the closest place is Wal-Mart (15 minutes away). Why? Neo-Gaf search for Wal-Mart.

-Stockton, CA- Seriously don't go there, went there to buy a car at a dealership, before I knew how dangerous it was there. No incidents, but reading any news about that place is unfortunate.

-Phoenix - lived there for 7 years, had a sinus infection (what felt like the symptoms of one) from day one. Moved away and woke up the next morning, felt like I was sick then realized, "Oh crap I think I am sick because I do not have a sore throat, nor do I have a drainage issue"

-Golden Corral- Is the food even real at that price?

-Applebees- Microwaves

-McDonald's (or any fast food)- not worth it anymore (I think I should just add Denny's to this section)

From this thread, where I will go again:

Winco - ours is not in Stockton, Stockton as a whole is a not so great a place, so I am sure their Winco is filled with less than happy people.

-Phoenix- what? Yeah on my list twice, my Mother, Sister-in-Law and Manuel's Mexican food is still there. Plus there is more Ice hockey to play there than in All of Northern California. (Seriously WTF)

Jamaica. Its so disgusting trying to relax on the beach knowing that there's so many people living tin shacks nearby. We were approached by some poor local lady begging for us to buy things in her shop (that was barley even a shack) and it just ruined the entire experience.
Same thing with India. Your every tourist spot is swamped by beggars who are missing arms, legs or eyes. You need to stay in 7 star hotels and hitch an expensive tour agency if you want to avoid that.

Maybe its all the tourists they get in Paris, could make it unbearable to a point where many of the people you come in contact with just don't want to put up with foreigners.

The French are very protective of their country and may have a slight superiority complex. Nothing wrong with that, but I would hope they weren't so blatantly obvious about it.

[QUOTE="ComputerMKII]Yes.[/Quote]

Coming from a Frenchman, I'm slightly surprised.

Eidan

I'm never going back to Atlantic City. It encapsulates everything I'd despise in a city. One giant tourist trap, that is gaudy and ugly to look at, from the buildings, to the people.

NewFresh

I shop at Giant Eagle. I put my basket on the self check-out shelf all the time.

But I'm not a fan of Giant Eagle. But they pretty much have a monopoly in the southern side of Pittsburgh. Drives me crazy. They're not cheap, either.

They double coupons and have GetGo...so its not all that hard to get a good deal. But if you shop exclusively there you are probably wasting money. I do love their cheese selection at Market District locations!

Venice
it smells like an open sewer in summer and spring (gee wonder why with stagnant water everywhere) and is nothing but a lame tourist trap

actually OT:
mc donalds, their food is vile and has always made me feel ill

Wubby

Phoenix for me too. Didn't really expect to see it listed here already though.

Went there for business once upon a time (well actually Chandler I think it was but close enough). Just didn't like it and was glad to get the hell out the next day.

akira28

I've seen Giant Eagle's before. Never once thought to go in, because they always looked so bad on the outside.

I guess the people who work there hate themselves, their jobs, and the customers.
But if they're the supermarket arm of Big Lots, that would make a lot of sense.

edit: re: Phoenix: yeah fuck living in an American city where you have to worry about scorpions.

Afrodium

Banned
Applebees. I read online they pretty microwave their food. My family decided to go eat there, and it was terrible. I told them what I read, and only after we left did they believe me.

I spent a summer working at Applebee's and I can tell you that this isn't true. That being said, I haven't stepped into an Applebee's since that summer and I never will. Worst job I've ever had.

AntoneM

Phoenix for me too. Didn't really expect to see it listed here already though.

Went there for business once upon a time (well actually Chandler I think it was but close enough). Just didn't like it and was glad to get the hell out the next day.

lol

Steelrain

An anime convention.

One of my good friends invited me and since we hadn't chilled in awhile I decided to take her up on her offer.

Yeah.... Obese people wearing tight-fitting clothing or next to nothing followed by a band of creepy "photographers"

Not to mention that a lot of people there didn't seem to know what either a shower or deodorant is. At the hotel bar it seems like a ton of people there had just had their first beer ever by their annoying behavior.

I spent the whole 3 days with a permanent "wtf" stare.

She invited me to go next year and I damn sure won't be doing that.

Burger King has systematically destroyed everything that I actually liked to order there. I now have no interest in ever returning.

Skinpop

For me it's Norway. It's a beautiful country but the way things work there, like bureaucratics, is a joke. I worked and lived there for a few months and it's not happening again.

No disresptect to people who live there, but i would never go back to Australia and Brazil , I hate everything about those places

Why;
-Brazil : I hate happy people, I got so sick I almost die there, and I hate how people is there all happy and stuff

- Australia: at least the people I waswith was too egocentric,shallow and was the most boring people alive. no parties no girls just talk about their diets, abs and drink coffee
That's funny, I have the exact same impression of australians. The few I've met have been the kind to only talk about themselves.

Loxley

I've lived in the Cleveland for last four years, and I can't wait to get out. So let's say that I have no plans on ever coming back to Cleveland :)

Barstow, California.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that.
Who decided to put a military base there?

Border of Panama/Costa Rica.
Kinda dangerous, so last time I went to Panama, I found a store that can hook me up with what I need from there.

Guitar Center in Utah. (Forgot which one.)
Fuck that place. Beat-up instruments, no help, and most of the people that work there are rather snobbish.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Olive Garden. I got rubberized chicken in my pasta last time. I think if I went back I'd be too skeptical to enjoy the food even if it were good.

Bonnaroo. Why you would throw a party in the middle of that desolate hell hole of a cow pasture is beyond me. Bleh

Crocker Art Museum of Sacromento, California.

What's that? I can't take non-flash photos? Why? I'm gonna make forgeries or put pics on the internet so peolpe won't have to travel to your museum to see the work for a few minutes so they can get their homework done? Fuck you. I just wanted to take the info on the go and do shitty homework without standing there in the exhibit for two hours. Security guard was a bit of an asshole too.

Unless they get a kickass Van Gogh exhibit, I aint giving them any money or a visit again.

Boogiepop

Golden Corral was the one place I pulled a "never again" on as a child, due to becoming violently ill. I actually think that's the last time I vomited, and it was probably about 15 years ago, so it's good to see that I wasn't necessarily blaming the place on a bad childhood experience.

I also don't know if they've since become better about this, but I was done with TGI Fridays after they updated their menus/image, because as a vegetarian they pretty much just gave me a big old middle finger. Not a single entree without meat in it. I had to order a fried green beans appetizer as my meal last time I went. Bleh.

Jack's Urban Eats - When I asked the person at the register why they were charging me more than the menu price, they responded that those menus were old and the new ones had not been printed yet.

in my experience only if you approach them in English. Start with a friendly bonjour and they are completely different.

You're going to have to revert back to English sooner or later. I'm not very proficient with the French language. This happens to be the case for most people.

GameStop is a place I don't really intend to go to unless it's a last minute thing.

"would you be interested in our card? Are you sure? It'll get you a percentage off on used games. Are you sure? It's really great, seriously. Are you sure? Look if I don't get you to sign up for this my hours will be cut please buy. Oh god I will suck yo dick plz."

Pushiest sales people I have ever encountered at every.single.one. I know used car salesmen who aren't even that aggressive in trying to get a lemon off the lot.

SmartBase

Definitely not going back to Finland if I can help it, much rather go next door to the west if I had to go up there again.

But if we're talking about businesses then it'd be Ted's Cameras, those guys are clueless.

East Germany.

Heard all the stereotypes about how many Nazis were supposed to be "there". First holiday in East Germany. Got into argument with Nazis who draw huge Swastikas on a crowded beach at 1pm on a Saturday and nobody cared.

Aesius

Best Buy.

Used to LOVE the store as a kid, then worked there for 2 years. Hated it within 3 months.

Now my bad memories of working there combined with the shitty customer service and pushy sales people (plus pushy DirecTV vendors) makes me avoid it like the plague.

Anywhere in Florida or Pennsylvania.

I traveled to at least 30 States and those two were the worst by a wide margin.

Guarantee you Mississippi and Alabama are worse. I know. I, unfortunately, live here.

What the fuck is this?! Florida is an awesome state! (inb4 avatar quote)

Yeah if you like shitty weather, crazy people, and sinkholes.

Nah it's alright. I'd never live there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom