• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames opens official Japanese Twitter - EPIC SWITCH TEASING HYPETRAIN!

PlatinumGames keeps tweeting more teases about Switch ports! What are they doing?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azure J

If Nintendo is going to fund niche series they should being with their own and give us another Sin and Punishment. :(

Just give Kamiya Mysterious Murasame Castle already goddamnit. He even said he wants to mess with that franchise some. Totally in for more Bayo/W101 but I'm a sucker for seeing Nintendo franchise revivals. lol

The best and most reasonable option would be to release TW101 digital-only on the eShop for like $20. The game would never be a success as a retail $50-$60 port but giving it a low price tag the game could get the exposure it otherwise wouldn't for being a cheap but huge game to buy for the Switch on the eShop. The problem with TW101 was always that it looks like a complete clash of styles that general people never could be sure about if they would like it or not. By lowering the price barrier considerably that problem would be solved to an extent and people will dip more easily. That's how games that don't look appealing but have word of mouth sell.

Could have done this at launch when people had nothing to play and it'd be successful. Nowadays I'm not so sure.

hatchx

Banned
Could have done this at launch when people had nothing to play and it'd be successful. Nowadays I'm not so sure.

You act like the Switch is just brimming with software. It's not. It has some big tent pole AAA exclusives and a growing lineup of indies, but the retail lineup is still around 10 games isn't it?

So how long until something is announced? There should be something before late july, shouldn't it? Otherwise this would be some incredible trolling, wouldn't it?

jmizzal

I could see them going the originally planned/pitched route with that game.

Have the starring roles of W101 return and fill the rest with Nintendo characters, Smash Bros style but mostly just cameos.
Would be a lot easier to market.

That would be very cool, could be a rabbids x mario type thing, you play as the W101 crew and you team up with Mario, Link, Samus, DK, the game would be major at that point

The best and most reasonable option would be to release TW101 digital-only on the eShop for like $20. The game would never be a success as a retail $50-$60 port but giving it a low price tag the game could get the exposure it otherwise wouldn't for being a cheap but huge game to buy for the Switch on the eShop.

No physical version, no money from me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I want this physical versions, no matter what they cost.

RPGamer92

Banned
Best of Platinum featuring:
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Vanquish
Mad World

MGR and Nier won't be able to fit. Then next E3, announce Bayonetta 3 and Wonderful 102.

LordKano

Best of Platinum featuring:
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Vanquish
Mad World

MGR and Nier won't be able to fit. Then next E3, announce Bayonetta 3 and Wonderful 102.

Why would you put in a turd like Madworld and not the best BTA ever made, aka MGR ?

AAMARMO

Banned
CAIklIg.png

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/883766382130638848

Raitaro

Just give Kamiya Mysterious Murasame Castle already goddamnit. He even said he wants to mess with that franchise some. Totally in for more Bayo/W101 but I'm a sucker for seeing Nintendo franchise revivals. lol

That would be great indeed. That or a Captain Falcon action(-adventure) game with F-Zero style racing missions thrown in.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but man the pure happiness I get from thinking about playing The Wonderful 101 anywhere is too much. Kamiya please.

There's a theory we'll get a third-party Direct? I'm not sure I see why people would anticipate that. Do you know the reasoning?

There were a lot of rumored third party games that never showed up at E3 (like the Blizzard game), they spent basically no time on third party titles like Skyrim, FIFA or NBA2k at the Treehouse, and there's a lot of Japanese titles like SMT, Octopath, the Tales game... I think this is leading people to believe we'll get a third party Direct where a lot of that info is touched on.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of Platinum classics come to Switch, but I'm also not getting my hopes up with any these images. Devs and publishers do this all the time. A lot of them don't realize how often fans take these types of things as teases. I could totally see Platinum being like "we just made these images for fun, as we love our characters!"

SolomonGrundy

Neo Member
I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of Platinum classics come to Switch, but I'm also not getting my hopes up with any these images. Devs and publishers do this all the time. A lot of them don't realize how often fans take these types of things as teases. I could totally see Platinum being like "we just made these images for fun, as we love our characters!"

That makes sense but it seems weird when people afterwards blatantly mention re-releases for instance going to the Switch and he likes the tweet etc...

To me in social media language it can be seen as a nod or confirmation, at least a sharing of the basic sentiment. But people like myself hope that creators of content wouldn't just simply nod as a gesture, as they should know people that follow them are typically going to have at the very least a passing interest in nearly everything they do.

All I want is a port of W101 at the very least. A sequel would be grand though. I'd just hate to see the world and characters go to waste. They're so good.

Edit: Wonder Red in Smash Bros. Switch, please. For the love of god.

I'll agree about the smiley face retweets but that image of the characters playing TW101 on Switch is pretty heavy handed as a hint. Seems like a big waste of time to make that simply as a tease.

I'll agree about the smiley face retweets but that image of the characters playing TW101 on Switch is pretty heavy handed as a hint. Seems like a big waste of time to make that simply as a tease.

That image does seem to come across as a genuine tease, I'll agree. But I'm not going to get too excited yet.

The W101 art is the only thing that really feels like a teaser but eh, it could also very well just be standalone art. It's part of a series they're doing to celebrate the new Twitter account by showing new artwork and models made by their artists. They did one for Transformers Devastation and Nier Automata as well.

Blunoise

But he could had just said that when ppl tweeting to him about it. Come on man you know deep down inside it's real

Parshias7

Right, he's the kind of person who will pick out a stripped tie, dress up in a suit, and reply to a tweet with a photo of him impersonating Iwata because someone asked for a Direct... at 4AM.

That's a screenshot from the Wonderful 101 Direct that he hosted.

...Did you actually think he put that together just to respond to that tweet?

KtSlime

That's a screenshot from the Wonderful 101 Direct that he hosted.

...Did you actually think he put that together just to respond to that tweet?

I think that he would *blushes*, but I never watched the Wonderful 101 Direct, so I didn't know. He still posted at 4AM.

MoonFrog

I hope it all means something.

I have hard time seeing Platinum not having anything in store for Switch or not working with Nintendo again, but it'd be cool to have something announced soon.

Top Bottom