• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Player in VRchat has a seizure.

lifa-cobex

Really good shit seeing users come together around this and trying to help. (Aside from some)

Must have been very bizarre witnessing this and having zero power to really help other than talking.

Peroroncino

According to the description the dude is fine and wasn't injured so that's good to hear.

Weird stuff though, seeing something like that and being unable to intervene because you're in virtual space, also glad to see that most people weren't shitheads and tried to comfort him.

A lot of well meaning people who haven't been around someone with a seizure disorder before. Biggest danger for a seizure that short was the fall.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Its nice the people there are good willed.

Kinda reminds of that bruce willis movie surrogates or the Gerard butler movie "gamer"

On a side note this VR chat seems utterly bizarre.
Is there a gear VR version? I want to try it.

Last edited:

Blam

On a side note this VR chat seems utterly bizarre.
Is there a gear VR version? I want to try it.

Bizarre is only just the tip of it, and it's only steam atm. If you want do a VRidge Or RiftCat thing to get it working on your Gear, but your PC still needs to be able to handle it.

I'm really thankful that these people actually tried to comfort and help this person instead of just making fun of them, or making it worse in a way.

Good to see these people are still out there.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Bizarre is only just the tip of it, and it's only steam atm. If you want do a VRidge Or RiftCat thing to get it working on your Gear, but your PC still needs to be able to handle it.

I'm really thankful that these people actually tried to comfort and help this person instead of just making fun of them, or making it worse in a way.

Good to see these people are still out there.

My PC just about hits the min specs for VRidge but one weird thing, is that u need win 8 or above for an AMD GPU.

Last edited:

Harlock

Who knew VRChat was going to be the main app for VR. The cool thing is that I worked in a couple of 3D chats back in 1999/2000. Like pre Second Life.

Blam

Who knew VRChat was going to be the main app for VR. The cool thing is that I worked in a couple of 3D chats back in 1999/2000. Like pre Second Life.
I mean it's really thanked to all the jokes/memes coming out of it for the past week. Plus people can be who they see themselves as in VRChat which is a big appeal, and can't forget it's just fun to talk to people so doing so in a cool manner like this has a lot of people having fun with it.

Last edited:

Harlock

Someone need to do a VR version of digital network from the adventure Beneath a Steel City.

27.png

Shifty

Given all of the knuckles memes and other shit ruining VRchat, this is genuinely surprising.

Good on those that tried to help.

Blam

Given all of the knuckles memes and other shit ruining VRchat, this is genuinely surprising.

Good on those that tried to help.

Really if you push that aside the actual community of VRChat right now is really supportive and a bunch of honest good guys to talk and be friends with. I can personally attest to this. The current shitshow that is the knuckles meme is something nobody not even the people who started it on VRChat, not the creator of the model or the original drawing is happy about or wants to exist.

Sosokrates

Whats the issue with the knuckles stuff?

It looks halarious.

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

As much as ppl like to talk shit whilst fucking around, (and that's pretty much what your meant to do in vrchat), It blew me away how the main guy just snapped into "fuck I need to do something mode."

I'm trying to remember a user who posted a vid (think it was a group playing BF2 around 2010) where a guy was talking about how depressed/ suicidal he was. Everyone stopped playing the game and just chatted with him for ages.
Little moments like that are ace.

Blam

As much as ppl like to talk shit whilst fucking around, (and that's pretty much what your meant to do in vrchat), It blew me away how the main guy just snapped into "fuck I need to do something mode."

I'm trying to remember a user who posted a vid (think it was a group playing BF2 around 2010) where a guy was talking about how depressed/ suicidal he was. Everyone stopped playing the game and just chatted with him for ages.
Little moments like that are ace.

It's always nice to see people do shit like that. It sucks that others out there would probably egg someone like him on to push them to suicide, and completely do the same to the guy in this video.

It was probably that neon Wendy that caused it. Glad the guy's alright.

Sony should bring back PS Home for VR.
Yeah, I was thinking this earlier as I was playing it with my PSVR (thanks to 3rd party apps for making this possible). They're really missing out on something similar, though I imagine part of the draw of VR Chat is being able to use ANY avatar of your choosing. A sanitized PSVR version would probably have a bunch of lifeless avatars like the ones in PS Home... or I suppose they can allow 3rd parties to monetize avatars. I don't know.
Point is: yes, they definitely are missing out.

WaterAstro

Well, Sony definitely won't have this VR Chat. It's out of control, which can be hilarious, but trying to give VR Chat a rating is literally impossible.

I watched a clip where some animu grill, poured milk into a bowl, then a bunch of ugandan Knuckles, and started eating it. Then she started feeding it to other people that also ate it. It was messed up shit.

Top Bottom