• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Player One Podcast Episode 112 - Do you get to play as Jimmy S

probune

This week special guest Anthony Vaughn joins Phil and CJ to talk games, CompuServe, sushi and Back to the Future. Games discussed this week include Mirror's Edge, Left 4 Dead, Fable II, Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels, Prince of Persia, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Namco Museum Virtual Arcade, Rock Band 2, Meteos Wars, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, LEGO Batman, 1942 Join Strike and Amateur Surgeon.

Don't forget to donate to the Child's Play charity through Cheap Ass Gamer for a chance to win a prize in their raffle.

Running time: 2:09:10

This week's links:
Cheap Ass Gamer Child's Play 2008 Charity Raffle

Direct MP3 download: http://media.libsyn.com/media/playerone/12...-Episode112.mp3

RSS: http://playerone.libsyn.com/rss
Show blog: http://www.playeronepodcast.com

Title is supposed to be "Do you get to play as Jimmy Smits?". Stupid character limit.

Tailzo

Why isn't this podcast more discussed around here?

I'm a long time listener, and I enjoy your podcasts. Keep up the good work.

I guess PoP doesn't generate much GAF love/hate because it's a mellow, humorous, conversational couple of hours, as opposed to drunken ramblings full of rant and hyperbole.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, there's room at the table for all.

In any event, love Player One, keep it up boys! Who needs Sewart anyway?!?! :D

mik

mik is unbeatable
Tailzo said:
Why isn't this podcast more discussed around here?

They need to change the name to Player 1UP Podcast in order to get the mad GAF love. Do it, CJ!

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Great podcast, keep up the good work.

Also i really like the special guest host.

Tobor

SuperPac said:
Of course it's love. I like the game. Lots.

/high five

Can't wait to listen to the show at work. Thanks for all the work you and Phil do to keep us idiots entertained, by the way.

Tailzo

So for those who has not yet experienced a player one podcast episode:
- Expect to hear about the old days
- You'll hear the hosts talking about themselves a lot
- It's rare not to hear a megaman reference somewhere in an episode

And... You'll like it! (Atleast I do.) Keep it up, guys.

theultimo

Bar none, better then 1upy for latest and greatest game coverage IMO. Especially because it is never in a serious tone, kind like talking to your friend on new releases.

And the random retro shout-outs can be hilarious if you remember them :D

Pikelet said:
That Anthony is a pretty funny guy, good episode once again guys.

Ahah, yeah. I liked him a lot. The past few weeks have lacked something, but Anthony really brought the funny.

You guys should see if Foundation 9 would be chill with him becoming a regular?
:D

Tailzo

theultimo said:
Especially because it is never in a serious tone, kind like talking to your friend on new releases.

And the random retro shout-outs can be hilarious if you remember them :D
True. Although I am not sure I would listen to them for the all latest coverage. They do play a lot of older games.

Gowans

Listened to this in the car last night, I loved CJ's home bashing and laughed so hard about how ugly the Home avatars are.

Echos my thoughts exactly, its sooo bad! I could listen to CJ bitch and moan about Home for hours and hours. :lol

Haeleos

Again... this episode was just too funny. My gf and I were laughing so much. Listening to this episode again tonight!

Top Bottom