• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Player One Podcast Episode 119 (02/02/09) - A Zombie Demonstration

voltron

This week! CJ & Phil! Plus intermittent Greg flurries! We start the podcast with two Gregs, then go down to one, then back up to two for a short while before finishing it off again with just one. Yet we still manage to somehow discuss a slew of games including Resident Evil 5 (demo), Far Cry 2, Gravity Bone, Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce, Ratchet & Clank Future Tools of Destruction, Ratchet & Clank Quest For Booty, Prince of Persia, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, The Maw, Fable II, and Perfect Dark Zero (ah-yep). Quick spoiler warnings during this week's episode: The Maw (between 46:20-46:56) Fable II (between 1:30:00-1:37:10) Next week's episode will feature a Game Club segment on Rare's Banjo-Kazooie, available on the Nintendo 64 or Xbox Live Arcade for 1200 Microsoft Points ($15). Drop by our forum to discuss the game with us or leave a message about it on our voicemail. Thanks for listening! You can leave us a voicemail by calling 713-893-8069 or you can send a comment via MP3 to our email address, playeronepodcast@gmail.com. Don't forget to join our forums if you haven't already! This week's links: Gravity Bone Closure

Running time: 1:46:47

http://media.libsyn.com/media/playerone/02_02_09-Episode119.mp3

lol can a mod please fix thread title. Forgot something kinda important, but I cant put my finger on exactly what...

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I liked the RE5 discussion. I Listened to while playing it for the first time on PS3, heh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's 4 Guys 1 UP!

Oh Phil, there's a new Red Dwarf special coming soon. It's probably the only TV I'm looking forward to in 2009.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
lawblob said:
Best to leave the name of the show out of the title. Wouldn't want that info getting out. :p

Leaving the name out might cause more people to come in the thread though. :p

voltron said:
Youre a mod right? Youve got a red thing next to your name.

That red thing means something else. Something less positive.

voltron

ICallItFutile said:
That red thing means something else. Something less positive.

Its still in-jokey though right? Like a tag?

If its an award for like 5 bans or something that would be awesome.

firehawk12 said:
It's 4 Guys 1 UP!

Oh Phil, there's a new Red Dwarf special coming soon. It's probably the only TV I'm looking forward to in 2009.

You did aee the last series of Red Dwarf, didn't you? I'd maintain a healthy air of scepticism if I were you.

voltron

Jesus christ. CLearly no mods listen to Player One.

Youd think one would at least see the thread title and click in out of curiosity at the stupid title.

firehawk12 said:

What what what? where did you hear this? Fucking awesome, all I need now are Black books & Dark place specials.

jax (old)

Banned
played the RE5 demo.. without the context of an intro .... it felt weird and odd to suddenly start somewhere. Played 3 games. Enjoyed it a lot although I'm not sure about the constant companion saving of Chris. Can't wait for the full game.

The visuals... well, wish they were better. But the visceralness of killing the black natives (controversy!) is negated by the bubbly corpse. :p

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
john tv said:
Thanks, John! It was great seeing you at Sam's party, by the way. And you are certainly welcome to come on the show at any time. :D

freethought said:
You did aee the last series of Red Dwarf, didn't you? I'd maintain a healthy air of scepticism if I were you.
Pretty much this. I was aware of the new Red Dwarf special, but after the...lackluster...series VII and VIII, I'm not getting myself that worked up about it. The ten year gap since they've last done the show isn't inspiring any confidence either.

Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

Haeleos

Wow, Greg really brought this episode to a screeching halt.

" I want to take cover behind something."
" Why? It's not Gears of War 2."
" I know. I just want to."

A well formulated argument. Well played. You should email Capcom, they will clearly see the error of their ways in light of this revelation!

Great episode otherwise guys.

stewy

Haeleos said:

A well formulated argument. Well played. You should email Capcom, they will clearly see the error of their ways in light of this revelation!

I wasn't aware the debate club was readying for a competition.

I was just sharing the first thing I thought when I played the demo. Knee-jerk reactions normally aren't that well thought out.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Haeleos said:

Did he really say that? I must have missed it. Why would you want to take cover when the enemy's main attack is rushing straight at you?

stewy

yeah, CJ and Phil took much pleasure in telling me how useless that skill would be. But still, I just found myself wanting to do it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
diarrhea_pangs said:
What what what? where did you hear this? Fucking awesome, all I need now are Black books & Dark place specials.

Yeah, it was confirmed a while ago. Four new episodes - one a retrospective, one two part special and then another final episode if I have my facts straight.

Whimsical Phil said:
Pretty much this. I was aware of the new Red Dwarf special, but after the...lackluster...series VII and VIII, I'm not getting myself that worked up about it. The ten year gap since they've last done the show isn't inspiring any confidence either.

Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh yeah, I have absolutely no expectations - but it's been long enough that I would just get a kick out of having the gang back together again and hearing the words "Smeghead". From what I understand, it's also marks the reunion of Grant + Naylor. Not sure if that's true or if I'm making that up though.

I'll also partially defend Series 7. Most of the non-Kochanski episodes were pretty decent.

SuperPac

stewy said:
yeah, CJ and Phil took much pleasure in telling me how useless that skill would be. But still, I just found myself wanting to do it.

You've played too much Gears. You should try Dead Space.

Haeleos

stewy said:

Yeah but why do you want it? You didn't really elaborate. I think it would actually be a detriment because you're trying to avoid close combat with these guys so you don't want to be stuck to cover unable to turn or anything.

And yeah, take CJ's recommendation and try Dead Space.

stewy

Haeleos said:
Yeah but why do you want it? You didn't really elaborate. I think it would actually be a detriment because you're trying to avoid close combat with these guys so you don't want to be stuck to cover unable to turn or anything.

I didn't elaborate because I realized it was a pretty stupid thing to say the moment I said it. So why dwell on it? :)

All I'm saying is that was my urge. Probably, as CJ says, based on the fact that I'd recently finished playing through Gears 2.

voltron

stewy said:
I wasn't aware the debate club was readying for a competition.

I was just sharing the first thing I thought when I played the demo. Knee-jerk reactions normally aren't that well thought out.

I totally agree with your sentiments in this case. I feel really vulnerable playing RE5, and not in a way that is intended through game design.

SuperPac said:
You've played too much Gears. You should try Dead Space.

If he plays Dead Space hell probably never go back to RE5 again!:lol cant take cover, cant move.

Top Bottom