• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

pislit

This game is getting less fun & more frustrating. It seems more and more like people are spotting me far sooner than I spot them.

it's not like you are playing with AIs, people learn through experience. you want to feel good? dont jump the plane and wait to be ejected with at least five afk players and kill them with jump punches to the head. HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAhuhhuhuhuuh

How is everyone's CPU performance on win10?

I recently (unwillingly) upgraded to win10 pro due to some programs I need to use requiring win10. With this upgrade I also built a new pc. Went from a 2600k to a 6600k. I wasn't expecting a massive boost in performance but my 6600k is actually performing worse with pubg and it's taking atleast 70~80% in high pop areas and making foobar lag and other video stuff it's pretty bad. While my 2600k on win7 was completely fine. I feel like there is some box I haven't ticked or something that I forgot about to make my performance better.
Go through your PC settings and make sure that Xbox game dvr is not turned on.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600

Ladekabel

Had some network problems today. And some problems with doors.

The situations this game can produce are amazing. Had a quad game with two buddies. We dropped by a few houses and someone who was playing solo in quad dropped with us. He got a shotgun and killed one of my friends. I got a revolver and hoped I would get him unaware. Found him in a bathroom. I got him twice before he almost got me and then I headshot him.

thejpfin

I was sneaking in the forest when I heard this loud "thump" sound five times very close to me, I was wondering "why would someone middle of nowhere use shotgun?".

Then I see enemy lying on the ground in front of me, he dies to my scar-l and to my surprise that loud thump sound didn't originate from shotgun, instead it was the mighty AWM.

With the AWM I won the match with 5 kills, GG.
Using the AWM is really satisfying, my fav gun in the game.

LogicStep

What's wrong with the M24? I've only used it a couple of times but it seemed fine.

I love the Kar, don't really like the SKS a whole lot.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Nah, its very common.

My 1070gtx and i7 7700K won't get me 60fps. Usually its around 40/50 running on very low.

Its unplayable for me, it feels like 20 fps to be honest.

This is so weird....my i7 3770K and GTX 980 crush it, 60fps most of the time with the odd drops on occasion...yours should be going mint I would of thought.

The whining over TK bans in the PUBG subreddit is getting grating. There are posts after posts or people bemoaning the community mods for not letting them revenge kill a TKer.

I hope the mods don't get pressured into doing what some vocal redditors or streamers want.

Frostburn

This is so weird....my i7 3770K and GTX 980 crush it, 60fps most of the time with the odd drops on occasion...yours should be going mint I would of thought.

I'm running Windows 10, GTX 1070, 6700K and 16GB DDR4 and hover around 90-110 FPS running at 1080P resolution.

My in-game Settings
Screen Scale 100
Anti-Aliasing ULTRA
Post-Processing ULTRA
Shadows MEDIUM
Texture HIGH
Effects MEDIUM
Foliage VERY LOW
View Distance ULTRA

I find that if the game feels like crap its server side lag effecting movement or interactions with doors and such.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Oh, don't bother going first person in the cargo plane to see whose left, there's actually two sides housing the 100 people. Just direct the camera to the back and when people start jumping it opens so you can clearly see whose left.

Made it to #2 in my second game simply by driving to the very center of where I figured the game would finish and waiting in a corner.

Unfortunately I only had an AK with two clips and as soon as the last area restriction happened I left my house and the winner had a much better weapon than me and 2-shot me while I was spraying.

Still got that solid 500+ BP though.

3C6BF8BE8A019DA8D7E7C0A424143999F31A2CA9

S O L O D I N N E R

What a time to be alive

Twice I've been run over by people in the drivers seat who weren't killed by point-blank gun fire to the head (one was with a shotgun).

Taking a break until the next patch. Maybe the lag will lessen then.

Blizzard

Banned
Twice I've been run over by people in the drivers seat who weren't killed by point-blank gun fire to the head (one was with a shotgun).

You may already know this, but even if you kill someone in the driver's seat, the car can still kill you if you're in the path.

tensuke

Came across an awesome player earlier, me and 2 others were doing a team with a random 4th and we got this girl. She would only speak in short phrases with the inflection of an Overwatch voice line, like "Yes captain!" and "On my way!". Thought it was a soundboard at first until she started answering our questions. Eventually we all get killed except for her, so she tracked down the two guys and camped at their buggy, killing one, saying "You killed my commander! You'll pay!" But sadly she died to the guy's buddy because she ran out of ammo. :(

Wouldn't be surprised if she does voiceover work, tbh.

kiaaa

I mean helmets exist and even in this game, shotgun range means you were dead either way.

greenmind

Banned
I have been using XBox DVR feature to record my gameplay, works great...

is their some other solution I should be using so that I get better FPS in this game?

My god an SSD makes this game way smoother. Like legit I can start games properly now!

I'm grabbing one tomorrow to hopefully resolve the pesky buildings not loading by the time I hit the ground. Can't wait...

My HDD is so slow and so old. Gonna clone my whole drive with the OS onto the new SSD.

Jibbed

If you guys are getting frustrated lately or the chicken dinners aren't coming your way, watch some gameplay from the top streamers like Grimmz.

I learned more watching 20 minutes of his match where he killed 23 people than in 75+ hours trying to figure things out on my own.

Daffy Duck

If you guys are getting frustrated lately or the chicken dinners aren't coming your way, watch some gameplay from the top streamers like Grimmz.

I learned more watching 20 minutes of his match where he killed 23 people than in 75+ hours trying to figure things out on my own.

Tunes in and watches him die almost straight away, lol

OraleeWey

What's the key?

I'm playing in fullscreen windowed mode, everything is fine.

Tried to switch to fullscreen NON windowed mode :
- there's tearing like i've nerver seen before in any game
- game is blurry.
- FPS drops

Why is that?
Like it's the opposite of everyone's experience in here.

Ladekabel

I accidentally downed a team mate of mine yesterday. I heard footsteps from above and suddenly he was in front of me and I didn't see his nametag. There was someone above us who killed another team mate and at least I got the kill and the team mate I downed a Kar.

What are some good streams to learn the game? I started watching Cohh a few weeks ago and while it probably isn't as high level as it could be I could improve my game at least.

LordAlu

I accidentally downed a team mate of mine yesterday. I heard footsteps from above and suddenly he was in front of me and I didn't see his nametag. There was someone above us who killed another team mate and at least I got the kill and the team mate I downed a Kar.

What are some good streams to learn the game? I started watching Cohh a few weeks ago and while it probably isn't as high level as it could be I could improve my game at least.
I tend to watch:

Grimmz
Anthony_Kongphan
Summit1G
Ninja

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
When you talk while playing, can enemy players hear you prior to you killing them, and after you do?

This is something in trying to figure out as well. In solo, if you have voice chat set to all, then everyone in a certain proximity can hear you when they are alive or dead.

What I'm trying to figure out is in duo and squad games, if the voice chat is set to team only, then you don't hear others teams talk, but do they still hear you or does that setting prevent others from hearing your team talking?

TheSyde

Neo Member

my 1070 and 3770k gets me a solid 60fps and bumps to 90-100fps so idk whats going on with his system lol

OraleeWey

Get good.

Grimmz is not a good stream for learning, imo. You never know where the circle is and he is pretty quiet about his strategy. It's just a guy running around killing people.

I'm not really big into watching others play. I'd rather play myself. But, I was introduced to this game thanks to Aculite on YouTube. I've seen just very few of his footage, enough to see wether to purchase the game or not (I did). From what I remember, he was very skilled.

My god an SSD makes this game way smoother. Like legit I can start games properly now!

Agreed. I had this installed on my platter drive for the longest time and suffered from slow load times and the occasional crash that caused me to taskman out. Moved over to my SSD last night and holy shit what a difference. Game loads in seconds now, everything is smoother and faster. Ridiculous how much of a change it was.

I'm not really big into watching others play. I'd rather play myself.

I've never liked watching other people play games. Until PUBG. When first playing this game in squads, I exclaimed to a friend that I've never had so much fun dying and then spectating through teammates, trying to help them out. That slowly turned into me watching a couple of streamers like Viss and DrDisRespect, both of whom are so good that it's a joy to watch their strategy and skill. It's entertaining.

Top Bottom