• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

brentech

I know this is going to be an unpopular question but: is there any plan for a vs CPU mode/PVE in PUBG?

I like to play PVE co op console games with my wife(wildlands, borderlands, destiny, the division) and I plan on playing PUBG duo mode when its available for the Xbox One X.

Thats the co op mode, right?
Once the game officially releases, the devs will open it up to he mod community. I have no doubt someone will make pve content, but I don't know if that aspect will carry over to the console

nowarning

Had a good chicken dinner last night. K98 with acog and silencer is my favorite setup right now.

I tend to struggle at longer ranges with the 4x but every enemy I encountered was just at the right range. Thanks to the silencer, their buddies didn't know where I was, it came down to the final circle with me and my 3 friends and two other dudes. Killed one of them but the other one we couldn't find. My friend died but it gave me the intel to know where the last guy was, popped out from my tree cover and ended with a headshot. 9 kills and they were all headshots.

So tilted right now

Final 4, I swear I put 8 AK shots into this motherfucker including a headshot and didn’t go down. Had level 3 everything and full health and he put me down with a few shots from what sounded like a M416

Xyber

PlayerUnknown himself says before 2017 is done.

I think he's a bit too optimistic and the 1.0 version will probably be around spring. But even so, that's a hell of a lot better than most games hitting early access. They probably want to be one of the first well done battle royal games out there not in early access, but they shouldn't rush it.

I do hope they really focus on performance at the end when they have added all the content and stuff they want for 1.0, that's my main gripe with EA games (especially ones like this). Right now I'd say the performance is solid, but absolutely not where I would expect it to be with a 1080Ti and i7 5820k in an Unreal Engine 4 game.

unrealist

After my first game which ended up with a freak win, I never got a kill again. Is there matchmaking? I think it is a must to have headphones in this game

Wardancer

Neo Member
Yeah that is not luck, that is the rookie mistake nr 1. Its funny when you see someone use third person to see an enemy and then completely ignore that the enemy has the SAME third person camera to see you.

EL CUCO

Curious to know what kinda GPU temps you guys get in this game. I run the game at 1440p with a mixture of high and ultra (except shadows and effects at medium) on a 1070 and always hanging around 70-75°c. Any other game I play is always <70°c

roytheone

Having a bad streak of 5 matches where you never see an enemy let alone fire a single bullet before dying really makes you want to drop the game and never play it again :(

iosa

Having a bad streak of 5 matches where you never see an enemy let alone fire a single bullet before dying really makes you want to drop the game and never play it again :(

I know the feeling, I usually stop for the day if it happen.

I had a pretty good game today, found my first in-crate M24. I had to kill 2 players for it and then killed 3 players with it. One of them was running 300 meters away from me and I landed my first 2 shot on him. It felt great.

I ended up dying because I had to take a car to reach the circle but I drove to a guy that deleted me with a M4.

Curious to know what kinda GPU temps you guys get in this game. I run the game at 1440p with a mixture of high and ultra (except shadows and effects at medium) on a 1070 and always hanging around 70-75°c. Any other game I play is always <70°c
Don't worry, I'm in the same range and resolution.

JMZ555

Finally! After 137 games, countless top 10's and a number of 2nd places i got myself a chicken dinner!

Never have i shouted so loudly after winning in a game. I was getting so frustrated, now i can relax and get back to enjoying the game.

Heart was beating out of chest in final 3 :p

thejpfin

Holy shit, my hearth was pounding so hard when this happened:
QrQncpkh.jpg

My trip to Lipovka only gave me lvl 1 vest, ump and sks. Then I had to drive from Lipovka to northern part of Georgopol. Didn't have any time to stop and shoot enemies, blue circle was constantly chasing me.

I still don't know how I survived. People were shooting me left and right when I drove past apartment buildings, yet I managed to get inside one when I had no other choice.

When it was finally 1v1 situation, I was camping in the kitchen and my enemy was outside throwing grenades through a window, luckily I didn't take any damage from those.
He could have easily killed me, because I only had lvl 1 vest, but he didn't rush inside until it was too late for him.

GG, I will gladly take that chicken dinner even with 0 kills.

Protein

Banned
I found a dedicated teammate for Duo. It's like I'm playing a new game and not a survival horror like before. It's refreshing.

Xyber

2 chicken dinners in squad today, also 4th place in a duo game where my friend died within 2 minutes of landing :D. Got to the point where the circle gets extremely small and forces everyone to move to a single spot and you die super fast from the barrier. Within that circle we were 6 people and shit got crazy at the end.

MANGOD

Banned
Today I was gettin some major delay when I was picking up my first weapon and it wouldnt become available to arm for a good few seconds after picking it up. Anyone else have this? Also lag and major frame drops have happened over the last 4 days wtf is going on?

Got so close to winning (Top 2) then I died to the blue because my noob self didn't know how to jump out of a window at school:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA9d7-dJsj4

I gotta practice that. Any tips for jumping out of these windows? I can only occasionally do it with W+Ctrl+Space.

It didn't help that my heart was racing and my hands were shaking. This game is such an adrenaline rush and solo is definitely survival horror.

Xyber

Today I was gettin some major delay when I was picking up my first weapon and it wouldnt become available to arm for a good few seconds after picking it up. Anyone else have this? Also lag and major frame drops have happened over the last 4 days wtf is going on?

Yup, my friend and i both experienced some delay when picking up stuff or opening doors during one game tonight. Perhaps problems with some of the servers as I only felt it during that one game. I'm playing on EU.

Also got a lot of the whole world lagging for a brief second and everything looks like it loads in very quickly again.

man this was a good game for me. I got killed by a shack camper (behind the door on a propane tank-- dude shot out the door so he could see through it)

but this bridge showdown was awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBA5zlheopk&feature=youtu.be

Don't know what the second dude was doing, you really should've died when you spent 10 seconds with the grenades. :p

Zomba13

I played a bit (like 48 minutes) a while back but returned it via steam because the friends I was going to play with ended up not liking it and I didn't much want to just play solo but a different friend has bought it (and maybe his group of friends will get it?) so there is someone to play with now and I bought it again. Did some tweaks to get it running smooth on my GTX780 and I'm happy with performance and just had a game where I finished 4th and got 4 kills (2 of which were sweet where I killed some dudes fighting in a field with my car, I got one, then spun right around into the other and drove off away from the blue). I ended up dying at the end because I didn't know how to get the last guy I killed's weapon so the blue ate me. It was fun and I look forward to playing team games with my friend.

Top Bottom