• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

wut

dNK7flh.jpg

I got the same thing, I'm not certain they meant to push the patch live yet.

Venfayth

This morning when playing on the test server I managed to snag a Mini14 with a suppressor and an 8x. That thing is such a laser. Ridiculously high muzzle velocity, incredibly easy to hit long range shots.

Won that game. Final kill was on a level 3 helmet guy who had an AWM, it took me 3 headshots to down him but he never even saw me. I was a little surprised it took 3 headshots. I guess one might have hit his neck or shoulder? Or maybe the damage really is closer to an AR.

Blizzard

Banned
Killed by another guy jumping spastically in a crouch position. What is this garbage?

edit - To clarify I don't mean the crouch jump. I mean in a crouch position but moving up and down many times per second almost like the player model is having a seizure.
I've been killed by the same thing, kind of like ye olde CSGO spinbots.

SlickVic

There are 150k Gamescom boxes in the market

goddamn

The funny thing is I'm pretty sure there are more Gamescom boxes on the marketplace now than when the actual event was going on. I remember checking on it the last few days they were up and don't think I ever saw more than 60k on sale. My guess is a lot of people thought the prices would jump up like the Twitch Prime boxes and saved them up, but when you got 7-8 million people playing the game, that's a lot of lootboxes being earned over the course of a month. I imagine it'll be some time before the supply really drops to drive up the price, but who knows.

The funny thing is I'm pretty sure there are more Gamescom boxes on the marketplace now than when the actual event was going on. I remember checking on it the last few days they were up and don't think I ever saw more than 60k on sale. My guess is a lot of people thought the prices would jump up like the Twitch Prime boxes and saved them up, but when you got 7-8 million people playing the game, that's a lot of lootboxes being earned over the course of a month. I imagine it'll be some time before the supply really drops to drive up the price, but who knows.

I figure it's better to just open the boxes and sell the stuff.

Right now I've been self-sustaining keys by selling the yellow tracksuit parts I get lol, which I've gotten 3 of.

edit:Matchmaking taking forever RIP

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks Breezy for helping me test Discord. I have no idea why the other URLs in the OP weren't working, but this is the URL that finally worked:

I'm gonna wait a loooong time to sell mine.

BigDes

Honestly finding out that the Thompson has been put into regular rotation makes me happier than the Mini 14

Like, I am glad the mini 14 is in the game, it is a cool looking shootbang but I am a shit shot.

Update is super cool, even if the first few games I died immediately after finding 0 good loot in entire towns, and the one game where I finished in the Top 10 I somehow had 0 kills despite actively looking for people the entire game (and then the circle ended up with everyone being herded across a valley and road while a single guy on a hill on the other side could snipe everyone)

I did get a Tommy gun on that round though, but it kicks so much that I basically would hit a guy once on the first shot and then never again.

nashman

Hmmm since the patch it defaults me to AS server after every match.

Also I cant crouch jump?? Im not talking about the bind they got rid of, regular space bar and then C does nothing??

I have a net loss of performance with Reshade activated, everybody is experiencing the same ?

However, the issue with building at launch is way better. I fixed the issue by getting 16gb of ram but i could see the building not loading up while going down. Now 50 meters from the grounds every building is loaded up.

Hmm, if only they had a separate server setup with the new patch to catch all the bugs before they push the patch to the whole player base. #Thinkingemoji

We've been through this already, you can go back to the previous page and read about why it's not a good idea to have two branches at all times.

But tell me, what bug are you experiencing that is unacceptable in an Early Access game?

I'm not going to continue arguing with you. We disagree, that's it.

Plasmid

First FPP solo back in was a fog game... intense. Gonna be some amazing fights in the future.

Although i'm running 77 fps at 1080p, the forced high processing is going to kill my FPS in 1440p.

Werd

Damn I completely randomly ran into Grimmmz and botched it despite him running out of ammo. I'm the yellow jacket guy he shoots in the back.

Surprised stats were kept the whole time, hurt mine by doing a bunch of half-hearted school drops but oh well my "real" stats aren't good anyway. Patch seems pretty good so far, it's defaulting me to Asian server after every match though. Fog is cool though I don't know how long the charm will last. Mini-14 is great.

TVexperto

What Graphics settings do you all play? I used to play on low to get more FPS and now I have everything high, the game is just too beautiful even though I get less fps

Blizzard

Banned
On one hand, the new patch works great and performance is way better.

On the other hand, the performance being better means I don't know if I've killed a single person using a gun in like 15 games. Maybe 1? Otherwise the only kills I get are punch kills.

Blizzard

Banned
Steam friends search is astoundingly terrible. I tried searching for someone's name, which didn't have spaces, and the result only gave me the name WITH spaces or similar names.

They tried changing their name. My search only gave me people with similar, but shorter, names.

I tried adding them via the Steam friends invite thing. For the second time I've tried this in a row it didn't show me an invite option. Eventually they found me via Steam search.

Blizzard

Banned
Is Mini a crate weapon or regular drop?
Regular drop. Someone I played with said it had no recoil, and when I spectated them using a 4x it almost instantly recovered. When I tried it with a 4x it would jump a huge amount so I have no clue what was going on.

Södy

Regular drop. Someone I played with said it had no recoil, and when I spectated them using a 4x it almost instantly recovered. When I tried it with a 4x it would jump a huge amount so I have no clue what was going on.

He might have Shift pressed.

Blizzard

Banned
Södy;248940916 said:
He might have Shift pressed.
I always snipe with breath held as well, and I try to be crouching.

It's kind of astounding now, like 20 games in a row where I can't get gun kills, only 60-80% health. I guess other people having bad performance made a massive difference before, and I'm something like rank 50,000 so I should be facing awful players.

It doesn't help that about 5 out of 6 games now have the allchat bug so you can't ever talk to your teammate, only hear random lobby people. The push to talk button just stops working.

Just saw Grimmz play a Fog match

That shit is oppressive. But it's perfect for circles that end up in open fields/no buildings, then people can't really snipe.

Top Bottom