• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

JDB

Banned
Sn2IiwR.jpg

Okay then

rugioh

Banned
Damn I completely randomly ran into Grimmmz and botched it despite him running out of ammo. I'm the yellow jacket guy he shoots in the back.

Surprised stats were kept the whole time, hurt mine by doing a bunch of half-hearted school drops but oh well my "real" stats aren't good anyway. Patch seems pretty good so far, it's defaulting me to Asian server after every match though. Fog is cool though I don't know how long the charm will last. Mini-14 is great.

Yeah my MMR is in the gutter because I did school/military drops for a week and a half.. RIP didn't know they were going to count. At least getting back up to speed playing standard in the trench won't be so bad... I hope. ;_;

jet1911

Regular drop. Someone I played with said it had no recoil, and when I spectated them using a 4x it almost instantly recovered. When I tried it with a 4x it would jump a huge amount so I have no clue what was going on.

There's a macro something something that kinda negate the recoil on the guns. There was a video posted in the thread yesterday.

Blizzard

Banned
There's a macro something something that kinda negate the recoil on the guns. There was a video posted in the thread yesterday.
I watched the youtube video already and that's PRECISELY what the spectator camera looked like for them, yet they claimed they weren't using anything.

I'm hesitant to even queue with them for fear of getting banned, lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Performance is slightly worse for me after the patch, which is weird.
Someone told me lighting was changed (the sky is brighter and distant dark building insides are darker?) which might affect things.

Also, from the patch notes, "Distance at which shadows are rendered are now synchronized across all graphics settings to ensure fair play". That might affect things.

Lastly make sure your graphics settings didn't get reset.

JDB

Banned
Great, now the game doesn't just reset to solo third person after every match, it also switched back to AS servers every time.

Blizzard

Banned
Great, now the game doesn't just reset to solo third person after every match, it also switched back to AS servers every time.
For me the NA servers have like 80% Chinese players at night so maybe AS servers are the opposite. :p

No one else is having the alltalk bug most matches? I didn't have it at first, but then I got it in several matches and it completely prevents voicechat from working.

greenmind

Banned
game needs something like a shotgun bash to the face melee...

and of course the jumping over walls

then it will be perfect..

and o yea, for the xbox version, a rare c130 drop of a warthog... =)

Blizzard

Banned
game needs something like a shotgun bash to the face melee...

and of course the jumping over walls

then it will be perfect..

and o yea, for the xbox version, a rare c130 drop of a warthog... =)
What the game needs is a mimic crate.

5% chance that a crate drop will actually explode in a giant fireball when the first person attempts to loot it, killing anyone within 20 meters.

What the game needs is a mimic crate.

5% chance that a crate drop will actually explode in a giant fireball when the first person attempts to loot it, killing anyone within 20 meters.

Whaaat? Craziness.

Just make the mimic crate the classic mimic that's basically a giant monster trying to eat you when you attempt to open it. Suddenly it turns into a world event where everyone has to kill it and then each other to get the loot :p

I look forward to playing the new patch but damn, that Fortnite BR is pretty fun as well.

lazerfox

Why the hell does it default to AS servers?! I was wondering three games in a row why it felt like shit to loot and open doors.

Also the Mini 14 is just a superior version of the SKS. So much easier to land hits.

Sure, but don't derail the thread with pointless whining if you don't want to discuss it further.

We've been through this already, you can go back to the previous page and read about why it's not a good idea to have two branches at all times.

But tell me, what bug are you experiencing that is unacceptable in an Early Access game?

What magic do you think is going to happen when the game finally leaves Early Access? Do you think their patches will magically start being better tested and stop breaking things?

I can't wait til the game leaves EA to see what other excuses people cook up to defend sloppy dev-work

rugioh

Banned
Is this supposed to happen?

c1fd21eeb784333906e6c48fc229231a.jpg

On the right is what it looked like after I got hit.

According to reddit the game is forcing post-processing/blur on behind the scenes. I think you can wipe your %APPDATA% folder to get rid of it, but dont quote me on it

jeffc919

Just out of curiosity I glanced at my FitBit during a really tense late circle last night. Heart rate: 168BPM. Normally I'm low 60's. Even after almost 20 solo wins the game is still as intense as ever.

Venfayth

Nooo, I had an AWM and a level 3 helmet, pushing in to the fifth circle, 12 left, I got AWM'd in the head while I was on the move. Such a bad feeling.

rugioh

Banned
Anyone here play on 400dpi? If so, what do you set your scope sensitivities to? Trying to figure out what is considered "too low", having it at 42 still feels way too fast for me.

I guess FPP stats were being tracked all along?

Didn't realize I won 17 times already. Gotta work on getting more kills though. I spend to much time looting safely and miss out on a lot of action until the final few circles.

thejpfin

I guess FPP stats were being tracked all along?
Not quite, Pubg reddit was saying that FPP stats started to track since the last leaderboard reset. All FPP wins, kills and so on before reset were not tracked.

First FPP win for me:
I only got one kill. I simply didn't see other players thru that fog, but whatever. It's still a victory.

Not quite, Pubg reddit was saying that FPP stats started to track since the last leaderboard reset. All FPP wins, kills and so on before reset were not tracked.

First FPP win for me.
Probably. But it's likely that I didn't start playing until after that reset anyways. I was just under the impression that none of it was being tracked. Nice surprise, I guess.

Also, congrats! Can't wait to try fog :)

Calion

2nd game with the patch had fog. The fog definitely rewards those who lay low and don’t engage often.

8x is close to useless too

jdmonmou

Anyone here play on 400dpi? If so, what do you set your scope sensitivities to? Trying to figure out what is considered "too low", having it at 42 still feels way too fast for me.

Dang, how big is your mousepad? I play on default sensitivity settings with 600 dpi. I found the sweet spot by seeing if I can turn in a complete 360 circle in third person by moving my mouse in a straight line from one end of the mousepad to the other. I don't think you want to set them too low or you won't be able to react quickly when being shot from the sides and behind.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've never understood how people can aim with such low DPI/sens. I'm using 800DPI and like 60 in-game. I aim with my wrist though, not my arm, so I do small movements.

jeffc919

I'll have to look to see what my mouse's DPI is set to....I'm pretty sure it has 2 settings to choose from so you have the option to toggle it on the fly.

But I see people suggesting a lower DPI all the time. What I'm not sure I understand is, assuming you aren't going to toggle it on the fly, wouldn't it be better to leave your DPI high and then turn down the sensitivity in game?

Uiki

I'll have to look to see what my mouse's DPI is set to....I'm pretty sure it has 2 settings to choose from so you have the option to toggle it on the fly.

But I see people suggesting a lower DPI all the time. What I'm not sure I understand is, assuming you aren't going to toggle it on the fly, wouldn't it be better to leave your DPI high and then turn down the sensitivity in game?

No.

DPI setting needs to be at the native step of your mouse's sensor. It differs between models, you can check google to know it.

jeffc919

No.

DPI setting needs to be at the native step of your mouse's sensor. It differs between models, you can check google to know it.

So when people are saying lower DPI is better in this (type of) game, are they really saying you want a lower sensitivity? Or are they saying get a mouse with a lower DPI? Or both? I would think that higher DPI in hardware is a good thing (more precise) and then lower your sensitivity as necessary so you get the desired amount of cursor movement on screen when you move the mouse.

Uiki

So when people are saying lower DPI is better in this (type of) game, are they really saying you want a lower sensitivity? Or are they saying get a mouse with a lower DPI? Or both? I would think that higher DPI in hardware is a good thing (more precise) and then lower your sensitivity as necessary so you get the desired amount of cursor movement on screen when you move the mouse.

High dpi means the opposite.. less precision. The more you bump up your dpi setting, the more accurate the sensor needs to be to be able to read your movements.. you'll reach a point where the sensor needs to interpolate data to be able to keep up with you. All of this without mentioning malfuncion speed, jittering, angle snapping, inputlag. All the "8000 dpi" is basically fake. The native step is the sweet spot at which the sensor is designed to work best.

"Lower dpi" because usually the native dpi step is 400 or 800 (or weird stuff like 900 for the deathadder). Well, was... last generation of sensors (the ones you'll find in gpro/g403/the new rival/the new sensei/nixeus revel and so on) is native at every step under 2000 dpi.

6/11 in windows mouse cursor speed, markc fix to be sure, native dpi step on your mouse.. and then you'll set your sensitivity in-game.

JDB

Banned
The one that also broke a bunch of stuff?

Guess not, it's been so long. Maybe I should buy a gamescom key or 3, help this poor dev out
I mean the last one broke a bunch of stuff and there was a shitload of lag that made the game unplayable for a lot of people. This time... the server location resets after a match if you play solo. I'm sure you can figure it the difference in severity.
But hey, don't let me get in between you and you're edginess.

jeffc919

High dpi means the opposite.. less precision. The more you bump up your dpi setting, the more accurate the sensor needs to be to be able to read your movements.. you'll reach a point where the sensor needs to interpolate data to be able to keep up with you. All of this without mentioning malfuncion speed, jittering, angle snapping, inputlag. All the "8000 dpi" is basically fake. The native step is the sweet spot at which the sensor is designed to work best.

"Lower dpi" because usually the native dpi step is 400 or 800 (or weird stuff like 900 for the deathadder). Well, was... last generation of sensors (the ones you'll find in gpro/g403/the new rival/the new sensei/nixeus revel and so on) is native at every step under 2000 dpi.

6/11 in windows mouse cursor speed, markc fix to be sure, native dpi step on your mouse.. and then you'll set your sensitivity in-game.

cool, thanks for the explanation.

Top Bottom