• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Having a low skill rating (from not playing recently) and playing this late in the month when all the good players have high skill ratings, will match you with weak players initially. I would expect things to get harder if you keep playing, especially with that win boosting your rating!

FYI - ratings are unique to region and mode (solo/squad/duo and 3pp/1pp) so if you want some more easier matches and more wins if you're lucky, go play some more games on servers you haven't touched yet this month.

Wow I didn’t even know this was a thing! Very enlightening indeed.

Guys I DID IT!!

Played solo, got TWO KILLS! Died like a loser in the blue zone but got to top 16!! Oh those kills were so thrilling. Mouse finally feels smooth

Been playing squads mostly, but never got a chance to shine.

Also, all this time, I could never pin down where shots were coming from, but Im better now.

I think I should invest in a mouse with more buttons. Any cheap recommendations? Mine only has 2 buttons, would like some more

jeffc919

Wow I didn’t even know this was a thing! Very enlightening indeed.

Another thing that they recently did with the move to shorter 1 month "seasons" and a rank reset in between, is that on the last day of the month all your games are unranked. So for ~24 hours you could be playing anyone. Unfortunately it also looks like your stats don't get recorded on that day....if you care about that sort of thing. I have 1 more chicken dinner than my stats show, because I won a round on Aug 31.

Gahhhhhh, I had a fun time landing at apartments and shooting at this one other school/apartment dropper as he went on a rampage east. I think he got like five other players as I stalked him, and I nearly got him multiple times but he kept escaping and healing before he finally got me.

What should I do with crates. Still have my Gamescom one. Should I be waiting for seasonal events to buy special crates? I only intend to sell and dont care for them.

I see Gamescom goes for $3.00

Steam is being annoying and is putting my sale on hold but I tried already to verify my account or whatever. Didnt even know u could sell stuff like this

I accidentally queued into AS Solos and boy howdy had I forgotten what that was like.

I actually quit out after three kills because I had to go do something else, but it's like playing vs bots when you have no AS MMR.

edit: oh, and this week's flavor of Reddit "one weird trick to boost your performance!!!"? it actually worked for me this time.

deleted

Our Squad is finally clicking a lot better. It's still super frustrating if one of us doesn't get what's going on and is too far away or not pushing or doesn't provide cover fire, but we had a really nice win tonight, I cracked the 2.000 MMR squad barrier and I'm in the top 1.900 squad players now.

Really satisfying considering I didn't manage to get one win in season 3 and we had some really bad luck again and again in addition to just playing bad.

And I'm not really a good shot too, I get around a kill a match. Long distance is hard, short distance is hard, my area is middle distance and silencers :p
But our team finally learned to rely on each other, we know some good positions throughout the map, have a reliable top 10 quota, share the loot and drive a lot better than a few weeks back.

Finally died to the red zone. Fucking stupid ass mechanic. Was running into the circle when it spawned on me. No houses in sight. Just had to keep running. Practically the first bomb killed me.

Samaritan

Introduced my girlfriend to the game two nights ago and she was immediately hooked. We managed to get two chicken dinners in two nights, which is two more chicken dinners than I've ever gotten in 30+ hours of duos games. Really happy with our performance as a team. :D

jcyucVU.jpg

gZuOBdh.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, just had such a fun time playing with a buddy from work.
This game has me so deeply. O.O I can't stop thinking about it.

sikkinixx

I'm really having troubles with this game. I watched a friend play it a lot, watched GB play it a lot, played it with my brother in law at his place a bit so I bought it. Only a couple hours played myself but solo I'm having zero fun.

Either I jump in with people and get beaten to death right away or I try to get some space, get some gear then make my way, cautious, towards the circle only to get killed from I don't know where. Find stuff, run through empty fields for 10 minutes, get killed. Repeat.

The only kills I've gotten were in one game because I shot at some dude far away and got a headshot and the other guy was AFK.

I'm assuming this is fairly common for new players but man, this really sucks.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm really having troubles with this game. I watched a friend play it a lot, watched GB play it a lot, played it with my brother in law at his place a bit so I bought it. Only a couple hours played myself but solo I'm having zero fun.

Either I jump in with people and get beaten to death right away or I try to get some space, get some gear then make my way, cautious, towards the circle only to get killed from I don't know where. Find stuff, run through empty fields for 10 minutes, get killed. Repeat.

The only kills I've gotten were in one game because I shot at some dude far away and got a headshot and the other guy was AFK.

You may wish to attempt a refund if you've only played a couple of hours, because that's largely the core of the game experience.

I've played like 150 hours and I still struggle to get 2 kills per game reliably.

FFS.

Since the last patch my game is crashing after every fucking game now whereas before I could play for hours with no problem.

Is your video card overclocked at all by any chance? I was experiencing crashes every single game too until I downclocked my card completely to stock settings.

I seriously need to stop trying to play until I get back to better internet. I'm straight up like a solid half second behind every other player, I just went three rounds in a row where I got shot through walls or the other guy jumped forward from where they were on my screen or were shooting me the instant their pixels rendered on my screen even when I ambushed them and they didn't know I was there.

valeo

Solo is really not very fun in general - the best part of this game is basically just hanging out with mates and playing a game in the background.

I think people find it more enjoyable to be able to get revived if you die unexpectedly.

Also, I'm getting a ton of fog games tonight. It's crazy.

Link0080

Shout out to "LeFrenchy" who got quite a bit upset when I killed him with an S12K with 5 players left. He told me I wasn't going to win and I was bad for carrying a shotgun late game, I told him to stick around and watch me win but he said he doesn't watch trash. I won.

WTF....

Was doing really well. Suddenly "the host has closed the connection."

I get back to the main menu and it says "match still in progress." I click continue. Nothing happens....

Eggiem

Hah at least you redeemed the twitch crate, my dumbass didn't even redeem it!

I opened it. Huge mistake. At least the prices for the limited items are rising too.
I now own every Twitch item, the yellow and white school jacket (both bought for under 1,50€) and 15 gamescom crates (1,10€ each).

Xyber

Having a low skill rating (from not playing recently) and playing this late in the month when all the good players have high skill ratings, will match you with weak players initially. I would expect things to get harder if you keep playing, especially with that win boosting your rating!

FYI - ratings are unique to region and mode (solo/squad/duo and 3pp/1pp) so if you want some more easier matches and more wins if you're lucky, go play some more games on servers you haven't touched yet this month.

Could definitely feel the effects of this yesterday. Hadn't played a solo game for almost 2 months, but needed to pass the time while waiting for my group to finish their game. I found a shotgun and UMP, lvl 1 gear and then walked in a straight line towards the center of every new circle. Got 6 kills by just finding people walking just as aimlessly as me and made it to the last 12 and I didn't hide behind cover once.. :p

It certainly isn't very good players at that level.

BigDes

I just picked up the M249 for the first time

Slapped a 2x scope on it

Was playing in duos. We were on the hill outside Stalber in the last few circles, unfortunately we were down the hill from most people so we had to stay quiet. Irritating considering all i wanted to do was Rambo roar with my new machinegun.

Then a duo were approaching the octagon building we were next to so I opened fire and that thing fucking melts people. I put out like 30 bullets and killed both dudes and the Uaz they were trying to use for cover.

Then I got blue circled, managed to crawl into the circle, my duomate was rezzing me and a dude ran out of the octagon looked at my friend rezzing me and, ran away.

Blizzard

Banned
Top 15 with a Groza and Mini14. I was so salty ;_;
I've just accepted that good loot basically means I'm getting a terrible fate. Mk-14? I'm dying to the blue, or some other way without ever firing a shot.

No scope better than red dot, level 1 gear, and vector with no extended mag or attachments? I double killed campers in a wizard tower with it and got top 5-8.

Pandy

Finally died to the red zone. Fucking stupid ass mechanic. Was running into the circle when it spawned on me. No houses in sight. Just had to keep running. Practically the first bomb killed me.

It seems to be there just because it is part of the Battle Royale/Hunger Games 'toolkit' so they had to fit it in somewhere.

The pace of the game means that red zones are essentially irrelevant to the outcome of the game aside from occasionally catching out an unlucky player. Would make much more sense if the shrinking circle was removed, and instead 'red' zones appeared intelligently to clear out camping players and slowly make less and less of the map habitable (would kill/damage inside buildings) and forcing the players together that way.

The combination at the moment it just silly IMHO. The main function they serve is an additional source of noise to mask your actions, and that function could be served countless better ways.

breadtruck

Alright played around 6 hours so far, while i'm definetely liking the game, but really wish the map was a bit smaller.

Same here. A smaller mode in a much smaller map.

Sometimes PUBG is fun, but MORE times, Im sick of running around and racing the ever closing blue circle instead of just engaging enemies.

It has been brought to my attention that the current peak player count is 1,527,273. I have now posted it in this thread.

Edit:

Sorry make that 1,529,218

Top Bottom