• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Twookie

uBQ9CoD.gif

Aint nothing stopping this PAN PAN

lmao what the hell

that's pretty cool tbh

Tecnniqe

Banned
wouldn't that shotgun obliterate that pan though

A .22 is 50/50 and anything else is more or less gonna make a nice hole in it, so yes, that pan should turn into metal splinters and shred the person holding it while also taking a few pellets to the face for good measure.

Kadin

The more I've watched of this game, the more intriguing it gets. I'm generally against buying Early Access games, but I think I might take the gamble on this one when I get my $30 settlement check from the GTX 970 class action.
It's a solid purchase. It was my first BR game and I love it even though I'm absolutely terrible. Haven't had this much fun with friends in a long time and even solo is enjoyable.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
uBQ9CoD.gif

Aint nothing stopping this PAN PAN
Always thought the frying pan was great despite never using it. But now?

Now it's meta 😎

Queue people running into full auto fire swinging the pan like crazy deflecting all the bullets.

Tecnniqe

Banned
At first when I installed this patch I was like
tumblr_lyl9ftlaki1rotz7go1_400.gif

But then I was like
latest

And then someone came at me with a weapon and I was all like
jZdjV6b.gif

But then the pan ended up protecting me and so I
tumblr_ns0l6tAjSw1t101s3o1_500.gif

and thats when it hit me
a3dd6769c02dc425a2d4b523de081dc8.gif

It's amazing,
tumblr_ma4qe6YbjK1qb4hg9.gif

Grief.exe

A .22 is 50/50 and anything else is more or less gonna make a nice hole in it, so yes, that pan should turn into metal splinters and shred the person holding it while also taking a few pellets to the face for good measure.

You sure?

A lot of pellets and bullets are soft metal, so they will deform against a nice hard cast iron skillet.

5.56 is famous for not being able to penetrate anything.

Someone needs to make a gif of samwise gamgee killing orcs with a pan from fellowship of the ring and caption it with "Actual PU Battlegrounds Gameplay"

Twookie

The bike scares the hell outta me, it's so dangerous. My 3-man squad wiped twice today because of flips. It flips so damned easily.

I drove my bike to a crate in what seemed like a barren patch only to see a guy right next to it as it landed, and I ended up flipping the bike over a rocky hill and losing 99% of my health. I had a med kit and lived, but I ended up flipping it twice more (the bike did not end up killing me).

thejpfin

Did optimization get worse? I was playing on all low and getting 60-70fps before. Just played some earlier with the same settings and getting 40
Are you using steam launch options in this game? Latest patch made launch options useless, so you should delete them.

Also check task manager if there's any random program eating all CPU power.

Tovarisc

For those with performance issues
Also if you still use configs from guides, delete GameUserSettings, Scalability and Engine files. Game will create them again. It fixed the game for me and went from 60 FPS to ~110 FPS in a field. Of course it will reset all your settings (in case of GameUserSettings), so if you don't want that to happen, you can just try reverting the changes you made.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGR...ry_removing_launch_options_if_you_get_lesser/

Where files are located: C:\Users\<UsernameHere>\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Edit: Deleted those anyways, throwing settings back in is quick

Kadin

If you look closely you can see he's actually hitting a small slope, it's just not very obvious with Twitch compression.
Yeah you can tell he launches off a little bit but the reaction the bike makes is just kinda... off. Funny either way, lol.

Akronis

You sure?

A lot of pellets and bullets are soft metal, so they will deform against a nice hard cast iron skillet.

5.56 is famous for not being able to penetrate anything.

Depends on distance and load. 5.56x45mm and 5.45x39 can both crater AR500 steel. Multiple shots could penetrate iron.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Probably been asked before but I only just got the game and literally played my first round just then: is there a way to set which region is my default region on hover of the play button? I really want to have OC be my default so I don't have to keep choosing it, and even worse just clicking through after the first round thinking it'd stick to that region.

Severance

I was about to shoot someone driving a bike and instead, I was able to watch them flip it over a bump and kill themselves. Comedy gold. You definitely have to be careful on the bike, especially over bumps.

Only downside to the patch so far is a sound error. I periodically have my sound cut out for a few seconds. It's not usually for too long, but I'm waiting for it to happen at a pivotal moment when someone is approaching me. Let's hope not.

Plasmid

51 rounds to get a solo win.

Kept my distance, made it to an incredibly small circle. He tries to grenade me and comes South. The entire time I've been hiding in a bush and I Uzi him when he gets incredibly close.

This game is wild.

Tovarisc

Source? I've never heard this.

Moderator of official PUBG Discord asked dev after people noticed how some teams were playing without shoes. Dev confirmed this to be intentional and that not having any shoes on lowers movement audio by 3 to 5 dB.

OQuHbDD.png

Edit: In a sense it's like having free extra indestructible armor in form of pan, it doesn't belong in BG

arimanius

Moderator of official PUBG Discord asked dev after people noticed how some teams were playing without shoes. Dev confirmed this to be intentional and that not having any shoes on lowers movement audio by 3 to 5 dB.

OQuHbDD.png

Should make you run slower or something then.

Top Bottom